IGNORED

Project II - Not a sequel

CyranoJ

Although, as this is unfinished as well, maybe it's more like Project One than we'd like to admit.

This was previously only available on the SCPCD, but I've decided to release it here as well. However, if you want a physical copy, it can be bought from a few places online (including here in the AA store)

post-11520-0-90945800-1442490316_thumb.pngpost-11520-0-15243100-1442490323_thumb.pngpost-11520-0-23038700-1442490329_thumb.pngpost-11520-0-45395200-1442490334_thumb.pngpost-11520-0-22857900-1442490340_thumb.png

Started because I love 'Gradius' type shooters, and also to and make a nice shooter with all the wrong things we learned from P1, this also showcases that RAPTOR can do a lot more than blippy bloppy 2600 type games.

Use the keypad 1-9 to select different weapons.
The music is also, obviously, a placeholder (this is a different build to the one on the SCPCD, but I honestly don't have a clue what is different!)

Not sure we'll ever get around to coming back to this (which is why it isn't in the 'confirmed dead' thread) - So Enjoy!

p2.ABS

Found a later build!

P2 (later build).ABS

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 12

That's not one of the latest builds. I remember a version with a little hut in the wood, a version with rain (that linko found hilarious when it stopped dead from one tile to the next, hehe), one with pine trees and a lake with really crappy disting water ripple and there's several builds I have that I don't think I shared with anyone, of a space themed level with huge pulsing pink laser weapon thingy, lol).

Anyway, thanks for consulting me on releasing this one, always nice to be kept in the loop :lolblue:

Probably should be pointed out, II was around 3 weeks work from IRC chat conception to what you see above.

Edited by sh3-rg

My build above has a waterwheel, but no rain! Oh, the confusions!

Yep, the build I last posted, that seems to be the one from the CD, is just a test of various graphics and things I made. Not that it makes much difference, and it was fun to see those crawly things tip-toeing along the sky... I thought they looked crap on the walls, but in the air the comedy value helped for sure.

Edited by sh3-rg

You should finish it, slap it on a jag CD, and TAKE MY MONEY! I have the demo on the Jagware disc but this deserves to be finished. Great looking/feeling/sounding game even at its current stage.

It was designed to be a CD game, IIRC it'd load in chunks as you progressed, each level followed by a boss section all as separate 2mb loads from separate tracks. Obviously we never got anywhere near that far with it - the age old problems of level design reared their head, even though we planned a pretty simple method of designing them early on, what we later decided to ask of it just wasn't going to be too good to work with, and with 4 or 5 levels with 4 or 5 boss sequences, it demanded a lot of graphics work at a time of year where I got less and less chance to do stuff by the week.

Considered remixing what we had as another raptor BASIC exercise.

• 3 years later...

I'm rehashing this old thread. I played this game today and its awesome! This is one I think could do well if finished. I also played Project One and found that pretty awesome as well. I love space shooters thats my jam and these are pretty cool. I applaud the work you guys did and would love to see this one complete if that ever happened!

I'm rehashing this old thread. I played this game today and its awesome! This is one I think could do well if finished. I also played Project One and found that pretty awesome as well. I love space shooters thats my jam and these are pretty cool. I applaud the work you guys did and would love to see this one complete if that ever happened!

Thanks, but this is very, very dead. We're not going to pretend it might not be and Native it out for 15 years.

• Like 5

Thanks, but this is very, very dead. We're not going to pretend it might not be and Native it out for 15 years.

There is that other space shooters game I can't remember the name but you guys are working on that. That's going to be the next space shooter to be released in full form right.