IGNORED

When you buy games do you get the Standard or Limited\Deluxe release?

Shawn

So when you buy games do you normally buy the standard or limited\deluxe release?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. So when you buy games do you normally buy the standard or limited\deluxe release?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

If I'm buying a physical version of the game, usually deluxe. But that's only because my game buying is now overwhelmingly non-physical editions.

There are so many patches and updates to games these days that I don't really see the worth in physical copies. After all, the buggy day one mess on that disc is definitely not the game you've actually been playing.

On the rare occasions I buy a new game on release, it's pretty much always the deluxe version. Unless deluxe just means digital stuff- I normally could care less about codes for some silly outfits or a gun I'll quit using a few levels in.

Buying secondhand, I rarely bother- the effort of finding a reputable seller with a good condition and complete LE (because let's face it, there's no point in going LE otherwise) who isn't charging an arm and a leg compared to the standard edition isn't worth it. I'd consider it for a favorite game that came with something really cool- but if that's the case, I probably bought it new anyway!

Standard

I put a stop to that deluxe nonsense after a couple years and ending up with drawers full of "bonuses" that I never really take out or look at. I am a sucker for soundtracks however and still buy more expensive sets if those are included.

Edited by Algus

Generally, I go for the standard edition. Occasionally I will splurge for a RPG I have been waiting for, but a sound track is a must.

Sometimes hard to gauge if the deluxe version will be worth anything later, so if I do splurge, I don't go with the mindset that it will ever be rare. The extras have to be something I want. Also, sometimes the deluxe version of major AAA tiles will go on sale later as interest in the game has waned, and stores want to get rid of bulky things (the various editions of Halo Reach come to mind).

This really depends.

Limited Edition games nowadays are usually not very limited and sometimes come with awkward metal tins or whatnot that make it harder to organize on a shelf. So I generally stay away unless packaged normally or I find it for super cheap. I care more for the game inside than packaging. I generally don't care about DLC stuff either unless it's more than the character skin variety.

I'd always pick a Special Edition over the Standard if the choice is available, but I won't pay any more than I would for the Standard.

Basically, I'll take what I can get. I don't seek out LE or SE copies.