IGNORED

Ultimate Cart (SD multicart) info & bits

AHA

hello, i bought one of these and its excellent!

The reason i started this thread was to drop a few games for other users to get started with as i found it really hard to find the right .car & .rom files, also it would be nice to get other opinions, ive been playing with mine all day and its performed faultlessly, i also hacked an old cart shell into shape so it now has a home (feel happy handling it now) just waiting to get some sooper glue and then it on with the label!

Menu.zip

Singles.zip

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello, i bought one of these and its excellent!

The reason i started this thread was to drop a few games for other users to get started with as i found it really hard to find the right .car & .rom files, also it would be nice to get other opinions, ive been playing with mine all day and its performed faultlessly, i also hacked an old cart shell into shape so it now has a home (feel happy handling it now) just waiting to get some sooper glue and then it on with the label!

Hi I tried the Mario Bros Rom from one of your attachments and my Ultimate Cart says error bad rom/car file?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for linking the archives. That saves me of the learning curve to this. I've got a lot of 8 bit ROMs, but a lot of them are .atr, some are Atarimax files, etc. I don't think any of them have the plain .rom extension. I could still fit every single one on a 2Gb card. The "Best Games Pack: I downloaded off a different thread is pretty good, but takes a lot more space. Haven't checked the file extensions on those... just been playing it. Lol.

Edited by madhatter667

Are .Xex the XE revisions out games? This is a format I've not seen before. I've only just started messing with A8 emulation, with most gaming being done on hardware and carts.

The *.xex files are executable files. These are simply the standard Atari *.com or *.exe files, renamed to *.xex, to avoid confusion with PC *.exe files.

So, I have a number of 8 bit ROMs, Is there a known complete A8 ROM set for the Ultimate? I grabbed the files linked here, but I also have the Atarimax EXE Archive (which if I understand right, the EXE files will work on the UC)? I also have the A8 Best Game Pack, which, while zipped files, could be unzipped to a different folder, and I have the Vjetnam archive of games.

I'm super new to using anything other than original hardware and software... can you run an Atari floppy disk image (what is that, an .ATR?) off the Ultimate, or is that the territory of the SIO2SD only?

Anyone know where to find archives of A8 floppies? I cut my teeth on the 2600, but like the 8 bit stuff more.

Edited by madhatter667

• 2 weeks later...