1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It's that time again: new firmware friday! Today I have a triplet of cores. These are:

Thank you!

Now I have ordered was just looking for more info and the tech specs but can't find anything other it has a Cyclone V, was wondering how much RAM it has?

It's that time again: new firmware friday! Today I have a triplet of cores. These are:

Game King

Gamate

Supervision

A triumvirate of LCD handhelds! These handhelds are fairly obscure, though but I still had fun playing them.

This brings the core count up to a total of 10. The Core Store is coming along pretty well I'd say.

totals so far:

No idea what any of those are, but I am excited to try them out! Thanks again Kevtris!

Is the SG1000 core still in there or are you considering it the SMS core as well? That could be 11 cores and not 10. Either way it's awesome. I ordered mine today and am really excited for playing the SG1000 with the correct color pallete and also the handheld cores. Well really all of the cores. Thank you for the awesome work.

If Kevtris can do the Colecovision, he can certainly handle the SG1000 with little effort. I hope he would consider adding an MSX(2) core considering how close that hardware is to the Colecovision and MSX. Of course I realize that the MSX is a computer standard, not home consoles, in the strictest sense. His PS/2 adapter can handle the keyboard duties, although the features you can add to an MSX can be very wide indeed. Maybe too big a can of worms.

Is the SG1000 core still in there or are you considering it the SMS core as well? That could be 11 cores and not 10. Either way it's awesome. I ordered mine today and am really excited for playing the SG1000 with the correct color pallete and also the handheld cores. Well really all of the cores. Thank you for the awesome work.

If Kevtris can do the Colecovision, he can certainly handle the SG1000 with little effort. I hope he would consider adding an MSX(2) core considering how close that hardware is to the Colecovision and MSX. Of course I realize that the MSX is a computer standard, not home consoles, in the strictest sense. His PS/2 adapter can handle the keyboard duties, although the features you can add to an MSX can be very wide indeed. Maybe too big a can of worms.

I handle SG1000 in the SMS core if you use the Japanese (or no) BIOS. I don't really call it a unique core but I guess it can be considered one.

• Like 2

The CreatiVision seems to be (almost) a Colecovision clone with a 6502 instead of a Z80, so it falls within the TMS family.

Since you have an AY-3-891x core to be added for Intellivision, do you think you could support the Super Game Module for the Colecovision? The SGM only adds 32KB of RAM and an AY-3-8910 chip.

Kevtris:

Do you plan to have Genesis/Sega CD, SNES, TG16/CD support in the future with your FPGA console? I assume the Analogue NT Mini hardware wouldn't handle those and likely tops off with the NES/SMS?

He did say recently that the Genesis core might be possible on the Nt Mini, but not the SNES. TG16 is another possibility, but it sounds less likely than Genesis for various reasons.

Game King

Gamate

Supervision

A triumvirate of LCD handhelds! These handhelds are fairly obscure, though but I still had fun playing them.

This brings the core count up to a total of 10. The Core Store is coming along pretty well I'd say.

totals so far:

{{snip list}}

This means I'm about halfway through.

Anyways, enjoy!

http://blog.kevtris.org/blogfiles/ntm_firmware_verJB1.4.zip

Awesome... I am very much looking to getting my hands on the mini NT and going to town.

Curious about the 5200; seems somewhat conspicuously absent considering the rest of its contemporaries are on the list. Are there technical challenges/reasons it's not in the works?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw someone else already addressed this!

Edited by Laner

Curious about the 5200; seems somewhat conspicuously absent considering the rest of its contemporaries are on the list. Are there technical challenges/reasons it's not in the works?

I think it's mostly a question of supporting analog inputs, which is kinda hard to do on the NT Mini with the NES game pad.

Cart adapter update! Anyways, here's some pics:

2600adapter.png

Giggity, giggity...

Cart adapter update! I finished 3 more adapters tonight and put the text on the 2600 one. I even connected audio up for the 7800 and Intellivision adapters so pokey sound and intellivoice should theoretically work. Though I do fully simulate these on the FPGA as it is... but the parts are there in case you wish to pipe external audio in.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I added resistors on the data lines for the 2600 so that "bus stuffing" will work. I saw that in the 2600 subforum and figured I ought to add that, just in case. There's an "in" and "out" bus now to allow this to work.

So far I have 2600, 7800, Coleco and Intv adapters done. Got another 5 or 6 to go.

2600adapter.png

7800adapter.png

colecoadapter.png

intellivisionadapter.png

Booiiinnnnggggg!!!!!! :lust:

As I'm posting this, it's less than 30 minutes until the next batch goes up for order on the NT Mini.

'So, choosey beggars, plain or black? ;) I'm torn between the two - clean, simple, pure on one hand, with the bare case - more stylistically blending and "playing nice with the others" with the black.

Is the black from dye/paint or anodizing and if the later, does it make it more scratch-resistant? Also, the original Nt came in other colors, as well. Will we ever see such variants, or is it stylistically felt the current offerings fit more in line with intent? If we were to try to customize the case, what methods might work, given the materials?

Gold plated is also an option if you have five grand to blow... :cool: