1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The NT mini without the core store is a completely overpriced unit with not much redeeming value, completely agree there. Kevtris work is definitely selling this thing 5 fold at this point. A 500$ NES is absolutely ridiculous, no arguments there. But a 15 system FPGA with built in everdrive capabilities for all the systems is absolutely the main thing this is selling like hot cakes. And hopefully further inspiration for the Zimba 3000, of which I will definitely be breaking my rule of skipping 1st gen hardware.

There's overpriced (10k gold NT, NT mini with only NES and no everdrive), there's getting what you pay for (nt mini now), and there's cheap chinese garbage. And rarely in between do they meet. Whether it's a hammer or a car or an FPGA video game system.

Confirmed shipped this morning, was refreshing at 8am and i type super quick, how were people able to get their orders in quicker? Auto-fill Chrome forms or something?

Edited by Tusecsy

spoke too soon, just had the tracking number :-) You must have been refreshing 8am too, must have just been a bit quicker than me. Perhaps i'm a little inpatient, lol.

sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon (sorry I couldn't resist)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's overpriced (10k gold NT, NT mini with only NES and no everdrive), there's getting what you pay for (nt mini now),

Given the Nt Mini did not change before the then and now I was just stating that without changing the internals (only thing that really matters) it could have costed less .... and be even more of a slum dunk .... not that it matters.

For you 15 8-bits is the sweet spot for me maybe it's 30 [making this stuff up] ... the point being I'd rather pay for kevin work rather than for an overpriced case etc.... etc.... obviously it is getting more and more enticing as more system gets added that's true no matter what the initial price would have been.

No. The question was serious. People that have roms tend to have pdf manuals. Theirs is a digital collection as opposed to real carts, box, and dox.

PDF reading and stuff like that is best done on a cheap $500 companion computer you keep for that purpose.

Or an even cheaper tablet computer or smartphone.
  • Like 1

Or an even cheaper tablet computer or smartphone.

I thought of that. But the issue of file management and organization comes up. Tablets and phones do not work well here. You're going to want the ability to move files among the different folders you create. You're going to want to nest folders 2 or 3 deep sometimes. And even renaming them is an important function. That's why you need a dedicated computer or access to a full OS somehow. A tablet-style computer, but still a full computer with a full OS, is what's needed here.

And a dedicated computer comes out to be about $500 for monitor, keyboard, mouse, and the box. Unless you get a ratbaggy used laptop from ebay or something.

Besides, you're going to need a computer nearby anyways to manage the roms on the NT mini. or the proposed z3k.

These FPGA rigs still need the support of a full PC.

Will the Astrocade, etc also work with SD rom files?

Sure will. I can't really make it work with carts due to the funny cartridge slot on it. That thing is insane. As it is my cartridge adapter for the cart emulator needs to have a hole cut in the top of a real cartridge so I can get my cables out- there's no other way to do it since it latches the cartridge inside the unit.

Holy crap.. if this runs Bally Astrocade exact w/ analog output that would be awesome. I totally missed out on that system back in the day and playing it via emus was always 2nd guessing whether it was "right" or not. :)

Yeppers, I am very interested in audio on it, since it's really weird. I am not sure how fully emulated/accurate the audio part is so that will be fun to poke/verify.

Bug report:

Can't load a Gamate game while another Gamate game is running. It shows a loading dialogue and then continues displaying a frame from the previous game.

Temp fix: If you go back to the Cores menu and select Gamate, you can load games just fine (without having to re-flash the core).

Excitement report:

Wheeeee Kev is working on the Mega Duck I sent him, which will finally let me realize my dream of having all of the Taiwanese portable systems in one place.

Lol report:

The Game King is amazing, I want to record a supercut of all of the game intros.

I didn't have a problem. So it loads then never starts? try hitting reset to see if that makes it start. I will check into it but I tried it on various units here and it works OK. it's possible there is still a bug however

• Like 2

I didn't have a problem. So it loads then never starts? try hitting reset to see if that makes it start. I will check into it but I tried it on various units here and it works OK. it's possible there is still a bug however

It finishes the "loading rom" dialogue, and never starts the "loading bios" dialogue. It does this with both versions of the BIOS file I've located, and only Gamate does this (though I've not tested Coleco or either GB).

I can also force it to load if I change BIOS instead of "reloading" the core. Reset on the controller does nothing when it's in that frozen state.

EDIT: Sent you a video

Edited by TheRedEye

Bug report:

Can't load a Gamate game while another Gamate game is running. It shows a loading dialogue and then continues displaying a frame from the previous game.

Temp fix: If you go back to the Cores menu and select Gamate, you can load games just fine (without having to re-flash the core).

Excitement report:

Wheeeee Kev is working on the Mega Duck I sent him, which will finally let me realize my dream of having all of the Taiwanese portable systems in one place.

Lol report:

The Game King is amazing, I want to record a supercut of all of the game intros.

Gamate, Game King, Magic Duck/Cougar Boy, Supervision, is there no end to these DMG knockoffs? Then there is the second wave of mono-handhelds later in the GB's life, the NeoGeo Pocket, the Wonderswan, the game.com.

Gamate, Game King, Magic Duck/Cougar Boy, Supervision, is there no end to these DMG knockoffs? Then there is the second wave of mono-handhelds later in the GB's life, the NeoGeo Pocket, the Wonderswan, the game.com.

I have the lame.com squarely in my sights, btw. Made a cart adapter for it last year. The most interesting part about game.com to me is it uses all off the shelf parts- there's no custom CPU or anything in there!

• Like 1

I have the lame.com squarely in my sights, btw. Made a cart adapter for it last year. The most interesting part about game.com to me is it uses all off the shelf parts- there's no custom CPU or anything in there!

Your cart adapter could have two slots just like the real one! I actually liked that feature and wished the original DS did it too.

I'm not having any issues with the Gamate core, games load up fine while playing. I had a one awhile ago, it's really cool to see it on an actual screen, the games went from virtually unplayable to only mildly unplayable. Amazing work as always Kevtris! The Game King is especially interesting, the graphics are laughable, but the music and sound effects are surprisingly good, and just so weird sounding. I love it.

Oh, and thank you for addressing the issue with the menus in the 2600 core via analog video, it works perfectly now!

Kevtris,

Not sure what the Core Store is, could you explain? Do you plan on offering just the cores without a whole Firmware update containing them all?

As you mentioned earlier, you are halfway done with cores you plan on releasing for NT Mini.

After these 20 cores, will you start work on Zimba 3000? Will you stop releasing cores for NT Mini?

As some of the systems you plan to release use a keypad or keyboard like O2 how ill that be implemented? If you can do O2 could you do Atari 5200?

I am so glad you are doing some of the less popular systems like RCA Studio and Channel F, Astrocade etc.

I never had the urge to buy the NT Mini for NES only but your firmware and added cores is making me think hard about purchasing it.

You seem very busy with NT Mini firmware right now, but any update on Zimba 3000 would be appreciated.

Keep up the fantastic work!

• Like 1