1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Awesome...Re: Odyssey 2 I guess there's no way to program the extra buttons on the two Nintendo sticks (select, start, button B) to simulate presses of 0 1 2 3 Enter Clear which would be sufficient to start up and control most O2 games?

Re: Mario Bros., do the hardware settings kill the flicker when there are a lot of objects on screen?

Edited by doug0909

As I debate whether I am going to buy the Analogue NT Mini or wait for the Zimba 3000.... 2 Questions:

(1) Does the NT Mini (hacked) play my favorite arcade port of all time, Mario Bros. - Classic Series (French or Japanese version) -

My PAL cart of this game plays flawlessly on my lockout disabled NTSC NES, so I see no reason why not.

I can also play it with proper pitch and speed by setting my AVS to PAL mode. NT Mini also supports 50Hz PAL modes for NES only I believe.

If you can show me where that hacked port is, I can certainly try it and find out. I play all ROMs via that SD card slot and if the flaw is in the ROM itself, it will exist when simulation occurs.

It is not a hacked port but a legit PAL release.

Yea, that's a gold member feature. You can sign up for it at 123MyPersonalPaypal@LegitEmail.com

It's $5 for one month, $30 for one year, or $50 for two years. You get a nifty subscriver icon by your username for your support, as well as other perks. Edit posts for 30 days instead of 1 hour and remove the "edited by" subtext.

Early access to AA store games and super secret subscribers only forum area.

The pleasure of knowing you are supporting one of the greatest gaming forums on the planet! ;-)

• Like 2

It's $5 for one month, $30 for one year, or $50 for two years. You get a nifty subscriver icon by your username for your support, as well as other perks. Edit posts for 30 days instead of 1 hour and remove the "edited by" subtext.

The pleasure of knowing you are supporting one of the greatest gaming forums on the planet! icon_winking.gif

Oh wait this is legit? I thought you were messing with him. Why the heck would "edit" and "delete" be gold features? That's a silly thing to charge for.

Oh wait this is legit? I thought you were messing with him. Why the heck would "edit" and "delete" be gold features? That's a silly thing to charge for.

Even subscribers can't delete their own posts, only mods can do that, so when that nightly blackout comes along and I hit "post" a half dozen times because the website's not responding... :roll:

Sorry I'm trying to cut out some of the BS. Newbies won't know the difference between sarcastic and legit posts.

The pleasure of knowing you are supporting one of the greatest gaming forums on the planet! ;-)

I dunno if anyone noticed but I stumped up the 50 bucks a month or so ago. lol.

Awesome...Re: Odyssey 2 I guess there's no way to program the extra buttons on the two Nintendo sticks (select, start, button B) to simulate presses of 0 1 2 3 Enter Clear which would be sufficient to start up and control most O2 games?

Re: Mario Bros., do the hardware settings kill the flicker when there are a lot of objects on screen?

yeah the O^2 was a huge rush job. I was running out of time to implement it. You can use start, select, A, X, for 1-4 respectively, and Ltrig is enter, Rtrig is clear. (using the included NES30 controller)

• Like 4

I dunno if anyone noticed but I stumped up the 50 bucks a month or so ago. lol.

yeah the O^2 was a huge rush job. I was running out of time to implement it. You can use start, select, A, X, for 1-4 respectively, and Ltrig is enter, Rtrig is clear. (using the included NES30 controller)

We are all thankful for your great work, and I don't know why you feel guilty about the Odyssey 2. It's a miracle that it can even be emulated, through FPGA or otherwise. After all, it is "The Ultimate Video Game System", and it even "telecasts in rich, vivid color on Color TV!" with "full sync-sound action" making it "Infinitely more sophisticated than ordinary home TV games" and it "even surpasses most arcade games!" with "TRUE REALITY SYNTHETIZATION"!.

To think that, in 2017, we can put that on a tiny SD card played on a gaming system that must be less than 1/2 the size of the Odyssey 2...

When playing Summer Carnival 92: Recca or Final Fantasy III(during the battle theme), the drums sound a bit too loud and like they might be clipping a little bit.

I'm not actually sure if this is incorrect or if it's just because of different audio filtering.

Edited by rezb1t

Ok, I think it's actually a bug(still a possibility it isn't, though). There's definitely a difference compared to my unmodded AV Famicom.

It might have something to do with filtering but the latest nestopia undead git build sounds more like my Famicom than the NT Mini in this case.

This also happens in the NSF player, an easy way to reproduce is to get the Final Fantasy III NSF and go to the battle theme.

Here's a recording of the issue in FF3:

Edited by rezb1t

If he adds support for the F18a VDP on the ColecoVision core that would solve that problem.

He doesn't need to support the whole F18a core to allow non-flickering sprites, I think he already did something similar (no flicker aka more sprites per line) on the NES core so he knows what to do assuming he cares enough to do it.

On a serious note, can you get rid of flicker and scanlines on the 2600 with the settings? What about colecovision sprite flicker?

For the intellivision emulator can you just speed the damn thing up? :)

"Phosphor mode" requires a screen buffer, so no. But since the NT Mini properly upscales the 240p unlike a conventional flat panel, you get no Venetian blinds and true 30Hz flicker. Some LCD panels handle this better than others.