1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Is there any news on the card adaptors? Since its already done design-wise game-tech would be able to order, assemble and sell them?

But the "read cart" is only available in the software for the nes at the moment?

I asked Kev about them a few weeks ago and the hold up of course is his time. He still has to design the 'shell' that will surround at least the bottom of the pcb to open the mini's doors so they don't scratch or catch the pcb.

• Like 1

Are there any news if there is gonna be any hardware change on the second batch for the Nt mini?

The original Nt got some improvements for rev2.

I asked Kev about them a few weeks ago and the hold up of course is his time. He still has to design the 'shell' that will surround at least the bottom of the pcb to open the mini's doors so they don't scratch or catch the pcb.

Thanks for the update. It's gonna be really intresting.

Be patient. It'll get here. Hobbyist projects can take time. Meantime, why not get a system now and get familiar with it?

I agree, there is very much "to do" at the current state.

I don't know why it broke if it did, but unfortunately I can't fix it for a long time. I thought I tested PAL but it's possible it slipped through the cracks. As others said, PAL video is only really supported for NES and no other systems.

I'm going to guess something changed that also tweaked the analogue resolution settings for 7800 around this time too. (seems like it stretched the overall resolution). For me, i'm staying on ver 1.7. Works great for me currently but holding out for the intellivision core too. As it stands, this system is so the epitome of so many games, so little time.

Edited by funkwad

​I'm about to pull the trigger on this, mainly for the excellent video output of 2600 & 7800. Would be nice if 5200 was in there too, but I can't complain.

​Earlier in this thread, someone asked about 2600 paddle support and didn't get a response. Is there any way to get paddle & driving controller support? Perhaps through the Famicom Expansion Port? It would be sweet if this port could be repurposed to support original controller interfaces.

How is the Odyssey² keyboard handled? Remember, "The Keyboard is the Key!" :grin:

• Like 1

Are there any news if there is gonna be any hardware change on the second batch for the Nt mini?

The original Nt got some improvements for rev2.

Thanks for the update. It's gonna be really intresting.

I agree, there is very much "to do" at the current state.

Yes, there is one main change for rev 2: I added 5V thru a 180 ohm resistor to the DB15 analog connector so that SCART cables can be made that do not have to plug into the USB or whatever to get 5V. I hope this helps those that need it.

• Like 5

Yes, there is one main change for rev 2: I added 5V thru a 180 ohm resistor to the DB15 analog connector so that SCART cables can be made that do not have to plug into the USB or whatever to get 5V. I hope this helps those that need it.

Whoa! Great!!

You are the man! :grin:

Hello,

I am new to this forum but I had a question about something I have been interested in for quite awhile.

For a long time now I have been looking for a Super Nintendo (SNES) equivalent of the Analogue Nt mini.

Is the Zimba 3000 what I have been waiting for (high quality FPGA SNES, 1080p HDMI/RGB output and wireless controller)?

Thanks

Edited by hexcode99
  • Like 2

Kevtris, do you know if there are any plans on updating the UI of the NT Mini to a GUI?

My guess, nothings gonna change there. Hard to motivate a GUI to take resources, to no gain.

I can't imagine you're going to get much of a GUI out of the 30 bytes or whatever that's left.

Why should it be 30bytes left?

The Hi-Def NES kit maybe..

Hey Kevtris you rock, don't worry about being time constrained these days go make some money man you deserve it. Been loving the NT mini for months now and finally getting to go through all the cool Master System stuff after all these years. Will be first in line whenever the Zimba comes out that's for sure.

Kevtris, do you know if there are any plans on updating the UI of the NT Mini to a GUI?

nope. it is what it is. The problem is the FPGA blockrams have to store the font and stuff, so I can't really make it any better than it already is. This unfortunately is not a computer so there's no frame buffers for the screen.

• Like 2

This is a big thing for anyone in Europe who rely on voltage to come from that port. Do you know if that's something Analogue Nt will accept returns/repairs on for existing owners? I've owned my console a few months.

I would pay....
  1. > $100
  2. $100-149
  3. $150-199
  4. $200-299
  5. Sky's the Limit

I believe number one is a typo correct?

If I select any of 2 thru 5 of course it means greater than $100, so I'm pretty sure number 1 is supposed to be "< $100" which is what my option would be but I've yet to vote because I'm not sure.

Edited by SignGuy81

This is a big thing for anyone in Europe who rely on voltage to come from that port. Do you know if that's something Analogue Nt will accept returns/repairs on for existing owners? I've owned my console a few months.

Guessing not. After the warranty expires, you might be able to get someone to just solder a resistor on the bottom of the PCB between the pin on the video out connector and the NES/fami cart port, though.

• Like 1

Guessing not. After the warranty expires, you might be able to get someone to just solder a resistor on the bottom of the PCB between the pin on the video out connector and the NES/fami cart port, though.

Or if he "rolls his own cable" just pass the 5V from the USB port. No need to modify the system internals.

Somehow I don't think it is such a deal breaker even in EU.

If you use a CRT for the Nt mini chances are it is the only thing attached to it so auto-switching shouldn't be so important. TV is all digital in EU too so I doubt you are using the CRT for both as you'd need a converter for the DVB signal in the first place (if you are then my apologies).

If you are using it on a modern display that also has HDMI likely using the HDMI is a better option given all the work kevtris put into making that as lag free as possible.

I remember growing up in Europe and appreciating the autoswitching (turning on the VCR and having the TV automatically select it or a Scart console for that matter) but then again once I moved to the USA with SVideo at best I didn't really feel it was such a burden to press the button on the remote to select the input source. Component cable has no autoswitching ... so it really is only Scart.

I guess it is a question of habits, I did most of my later playtime in EU on a Commodore 1084 monitor connected via Scart and at that point there's no autoswitching needed as nothing else was connected to it and it had obviously no tuner.

Thats what om goding for. Which pin om the db15 Will be THE RGB blanking?

Somehow I don't think it is such a deal breaker even in EU.

If you use a CRT for the Nt mini chances are it is the only thing attached to it so auto-switching shouldn't be so important. TV is all digital in EU too so I doubt you are using the CRT for both as you'd need a converter for the DVB signal in the first place (if you are then my apologies).

If you are using it on a modern display that also has HDMI likely using the HDMI is a better option given all the work kevtris put into making that as lag free as possible.

I remember growing up in Europe and appreciating the autoswitching (turning on the VCR and having the TV automatically select it or a Scart console for that matter) but then again once I moved to the USA with SVideo at best I didn't really feel it was such a burden to press the button on the remote to select the input source. Component cable has no autoswitching ... so it really is only Scart.

I guess it is a question of habits, I did most of my later playtime in EU on a Commodore 1084 monitor connected via Scart and at that point there's no autoswitching needed as nothing else was connected to it and it had obviously no tuner.

Problem with some tvs there must be a RGB blanking signal, otherwise the tv think its composite in on the Scart. Some can "Force" the RGB channel. My B&O needs this signal unfortunly..

I havent had the time to go through past post on this topic but when I try to play famicom disc system games on the analogue nt using the jailbreak firmware it tells me "Bad header". Any reason why this is or how to fix it?

Edited by Jaydie1

nope. it is what it is. The problem is the FPGA blockrams have to store the font and stuff, so I can't really make it any better than it already is. This unfortunately is not a computer so there's no frame buffers for the screen.

Ok, that's cool. I like the UI but wasn't sure if anything was going to change. Thank you for the info.