1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

As a gamer, there are many things I wish for; but, as a console collector this is a must have just because of what Analogue is and the legacy of quality they (and Kev) are carving out into a amazing time in gaming history. I hope its a wild success but if it isnt, Im going to be stoked to have this in my collection. Win either way.

I hope kevtris is involved because the nt mini is one of my favorite consoles I LOVE the extra cores and not having to use my original carts. I need to know this will be possible before I can bring myself to buy it....

According to the Verge he has been working on it for 14 months. It also says the entirety of the game lineup is compatible. (Last paragraph)

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/10/16/16459182/analogue-super-nt-snes-console-price-release

Edited by Toth

For those who already ordered, did they charge you immediately?

Looks like it. Shows a pending charge on my credit card but I am not sure how to know if that would drop off like other pre-orders do sometimes. I am planning on it being a full early purchase though like the Nt Mini.

Say somehow the Nt mini was capable of supporting this new core, what controller would you be able to use that has enough buttons to cover the SNES?

I doubt it. The fpga in the super nt is supposed to be a lot more powerful according to the news articles I've read on it.

My credit card was declined for some reason. I've never seen that CC declined before.

Mine was as well. Just call your company and tell them that you want to make the purchase.

Say somehow the Nt mini was capable of supporting this new core, what controller would you be able to use that has enough buttons to cover the SNES?

Those 8bitdo adapters work with any of 8bitdos controllers so you could use the retro receiver that has the NES plug with an 8bitdo snes controller. I have no idea if the controller port is even capable of transferring all the inputs though.

If this is opened up to cores...and if it can read Sega CD / PCE CD / Neo Geo CD via SD card...then the PolyMega / SEEDI / whatever are DOA.

Mind completely blown.

C'mon kevtris..we need more info :P

Those were DOA the minute they put up the kickstarter. CD systems on actual CDs are obsolete (good riddance), there will be easy flash card/hd solutions to all of them soon. They've already cracked the PCE-CD flash on some weird asian all in one rgb adapter but its cost prohibitive. Kevtris will fix this soon :)

And just want to reiterate how awful the 8bitdo controllers are next to anything with original PCBs. Kudos for keeping that crap separate this time.

So many questions for Kevtris, I hope he graces us with his presence soon......

Will this run all the NT Mini cores?

Are there plans for future 16-bit cores on this as well?

Is the hardware inside significantly faster than the NT mini? It seems to be the same thing, which begs the question how is this capable of 16 bit systems if the NT mini wasn't? ::answered in the article, it is indeed a much more powerful fpga::

Might be time to start selling off my mini and about 5 modded systems and everdrives as I don't really need the RGB when it gets down to it. Hell, sell the SD2SNES pays for it by itself..

And on that note, will the SNES core be capable of playing the special chip games off the sd card? Even the ones that don't work on SD2SNES? For some reason I doubt it...

Which colors do people think will sell out first? I'm guessing clear first and then black.

Side note...looks like the AVS just became obsolete...expect a price drop to 120 in the next few months.

Edited by Tusecsy
  • Like 1

Mine was as well. Just call your company and tell them that you want to make the purchase.

So was my first one, switching to a second it went through and then immediately (and I mean like 30 seconds later) kicked off the cards fraud detection system.

I approved it though, and the full order amount is a pending transaction now. So hopefully good :)

I think I'm going to wait a little bit before ordering this thing, if I decide to buy it at all. While I expect that Kevtris will port over all his NT cores to the Super NT in all deliberate speed (assuming there are no technical hurdles to overcome in such core ports) I don't think it's a good idea to assume that we'll see new "jailbreak cores" for the Genesis, Turbografx-16, Game Boy Advance, Neo-Geo, etc. released every couple of weeks like we (amazingly) saw with the NT Mini.

Of course, I believe Kev will want to do those new cores now that he has a bigger FPGA sandbox to work with, but these 16(+)-bit cores are going to take a while to become reality. There's also the fact that Kevtris may decide to work on other cores first, like perhaps a Vectrex core, an Intellivision core (which we know is already mostly done), a Commodore 64 core, or something else than the highly-anticipated ones everyone will be keeping their fingers crossed for. It's really up to him, what he's in the mood for.

So I'm going to monitor the situation with the Super NT over the next few months. If I like what I see, I'll definitely put my money on a Super NT, even though I already have an NT Mini, especially if a Game Boy Advance jailbreak core becomes available. :)

EDIT: Almost forgot to say "NICE WORK" to Kevtris for the new Super NT! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I think I'm going to wait a little bit before ordering this thing, if I decide to buy it at all. While I expect that Kevtris will port over all his NT cores to the Super NT in all deliberate speed (assuming there are no technical hurdles to overcome in such core ports) I don't think it's a good idea to assume that we'll see new "jailbreak cores" for the Genesis, Turbografx-16, Game Boy Advance, Neo-Geo, etc. released every couple of weeks like we (amazingly) saw with the NT Mini.

Of course, I believe Kev will want to do those new cores now that he has a bigger FPGA sandbox to work with, but these 16(+)-bit cores are going to take a while to become reality. There's also the fact that Kevtris may decide to work on other cores first, like perhaps a Vectrex core, an Intellivision core (which we know is already mostly done), a Commodore 64 core, or something else than the highly-anticipated ones everyone will be keeping their fingers crossed for. It's really up to him, what he's in the mood for.

So I'm going to monitor the situation with the Super NT over the next few months. If I like what I see, I'll definitely put my money on a Super NT, even though I already have an NT Mini, especially if a Game Boy Advance jailbreak core becomes available. :)

EDIT: Almost forgot to say "NICE WORK" to Kevtris for the new Super NT! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seriously doubt the thing will ever do GBA, 32-bit and all. TG16, Genesis & Neo Geo are gonna be the real killer apps. (and tg16cd/sega cd if possible).

You're gonna be kicking yourself if you don't preorder, these things will all sell out soon. This is gonna be the single most talked about item in gaming for the next 4 months.

Kevtris has been working on all those other cores you speak of along the way for the Zimba, from what I gather SNES is the toughest 16-bit core to do, other than neo geo probably.

Edited by Tusecsy
  • Like 1