1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I hope it's ok to post this.. since this does have to do with the Super NT...

https://vimeo.com/238547326/0be6c0a830

We are releasing an UNRELEASED Super Nintendo game. Included digitally on each Super Nt. The unreleased, uncut and originally developed Super Turrican - Directors Cut. We're thrilled to preserve a piece of video game history. As a bonus, we've also included the original Super Turrican 2.

Edited by F34R

Yeah, Analogue has this on their website now too - that's a pretty big deal! That shows that the Super NT can run roms without a cartridge right out of the box.

True (!), but we still don't know if this is a locked-down kind of thing, with the game having a special signature that allows it to tun, or if any ROM could be plonked in, unmodified (though companies being able to use this for publishing, even if we couldn't run raw ROMS outright, would be pretty awesome.) Just speculation on my part... We'll have to wait and see. Is it February, yet? :D

More from the Analogue twitter: :thumbsup:

In 1993, Factor 5 finished developing the complete Super Turrican for SNES, a 6Mbit title.
Unfortunately, AFTER it was finished, the game had to be cut down by 33% from 6Mbit to 4Mbit.
Meaning, none of us have ever played the real Super Turrican the way it was originally developed.
Makes you wonder- how often does this kind of thing happen in games? Like finding lost scenes from a great movie years later (Metropolis)
24 Years later, the original, uncut Super Turrican is finally here. We're calling it: Super Turrican - Director's Cut.
The uncut game features a new level w/ new music, more enemies, better sound effects and graphics and even a new way to use the beam weapon.
Now you can play the complete Super Turrican for the first time ever. Only on Super Nt.
The original, uncut Super Turrican master file from 24 years ago is included digitally on every Super Nt (no additional charge).
Also, as a bonus - Super Turrican 2 is included digitally on every Super Nt, so you can play through both back to back.

It's awesome that they're also including the box with every Super Nt order too!

Edited by cacophony

I will state the obvious that applies to me, myself and I (not sure you care to join that party, it's both crowded and lonely) ... but FOR ME no core store no dice!

I like that they built it, and I am sure there's an audience even without, but if the core store is in (which I bet it will be) then I'm most definitely in as I can finally get rid of all the clutter of all the old clunkers. SNES are relatively cheap and I already have an SD2SNES anyway hence unless I get to reclaim space a standalone Super Nt SNES-only aside the marvelous tech achievement (kevtris is truly a genius) won't do much for ME.

On top of that if, or better stated, when the Megadrive/Genesis core comes to be it will be an interesting conundrum as I love those say 10 MegaCD/SegaCD titles as well as those 10 32X titles and I doubt any of it will be in the core store that soon (SegaCD maybe easier, who knows) so I may have to hold onto one cheap-ass MD2 afterall :-D

Great to hear - but good lord, that video appears to have been created to induce maximum seizures.

It was essentially unwatchable, not because of seizures or the gameplay or anything. Just the annoying edgy sound at the beginning and end and all the mashing to the point of not being able to determine what is the game and what is marketing crap.. Must be that new edgy-scatter style or something. First thing I thought of was that colecovision brochure they're still trying to sell. Not pleasant.

• Like 2

It was essentially unwatchable, not because of seizures or the gameplay or anything. Just the annoying edgy sound at the beginning and end and all the mashing to the point of not being able to determine what is the game and what is marketing crap.. Must be that new edgy-scatter style or something. First thing I thought of was that colecovision brochure they're still trying to sell. Not pleasant.

Man..I can see trying to be 90s edgy, but that was awful. After watching that, I don't even want to play the game.

• Like 2

I wonder if the game files are in internal memory or are included on SD... If it does become JailBroken, either directly by Kevtris, or by reverse-engineering how the included game files played off of the SD card are implemented (making an assumption Kev may indirectly toss us a bone, here) and the previously-released CORES are included, along with the SNES and eventual INTELLIVISION, that makes 19 cores, averaging $10USD per core when factored into the price of the S-NT. Not too shabby. icon_mrgreen.gif

While I agree that the marketing video is overdone and doesn't have much to do with the game... Super Turrican is pretty fun and worth playing. And the Director's Cut finally seeing the light of day is really exciting!

Agreed. I used to wonder what all the fuss about Turrican was and happened across the Genesis copy. Great series.

Definitely a nice gesture that they are doing this.

Agreed. I am super stoked about Super NT having Super Turrican DX / Super Turrican 2 built in, but that teaser video is awful. Having HiFi speakers connected to my PC did not help any either... :woozy:

Looks like the Super Nt will come with 2 carts of which is Super Turrican and The Super Turrican director's Cut.

Evidence that it comes with physical carts? From what I recall, the games are built in. Honestly I think it's a brilliant marketing strategy. In order to play the special Director's Cut, you must purchase the system. And I already have mine preordered so I'm good to go! :grin: :thumbsup: