1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

By the way, I just macgyvered my own shitty looking composite adapter and an RGB cable with some parts I had lying around for the heck of it.

Regarding the person who claimed composite PAL output had problems, I did run into something odd myself as well.

I first tried composite NTSC on both my PVM and modern LCD and both displayed everything perfectly fine.

When I tried composite PAL though, my PVM had no problems but my european modern LCD (which supports both NTSC and PAL) displayed this:

5tRIQvc.jpg

It does almost look like if NTSC was displayed in PAL with the colors missing but I doubt that's it. Anyone's got a clue what that could be about?

PAL composite working good Jailbreak Firmware version 1.7 and older

What is the problem, other than wrong serial number?

Never heard this kind of problem of First Edition Mini and now Second Edition have this serial number problem, I think this is some kind of hardware problem and not software problem. Maybe you have to ask Analogue for that or maybe Kevtris is better to answer this question.

I've heard many people have had this issue, hard to believe that it's a hardware issue affecting so many units. So far the console has been working great still running on stock firmware (both hdmi and component/composite tested to work as expected, works perfectly with my FDS RAM Adapter w/FDSStick). I sent an email to Analogue support.

I've heard many people have had this issue, hard to believe that it's a hardware issue affecting so many units. So far the console has been working great still running on stock firmware (both hdmi and component/composite tested to work as expected, works perfectly with my FDS RAM Adapter w/FDSStick). I sent an email to Analogue support.

Yes, stock firmware also working good, no PAL composite problems. But there was also bunch of NES Everdrives that was faulty some time ago , so why not same happen to this also...

I'm finding that none of the PlayChoice-10 Arcade files in SmokeMonster's NT Mini pack are working for me. "File Size Mismatch" and then I get a black screen.

Any ideas?

This error is related to the file size of the games.

When you try to load a rom, the Analogue Nt mini reads the iNES header and checks if the file size matches with the data specified in the header. If this is not the case, the Analogue Nt mini will not load the game.

You need to fix the roms. Open them with NESHead (https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/665/) which will tell you what the expected file size is. Then, use a hex editor and remove/add the required number of empty bytes at the end of the rom.

Edited by pcfreak324

SomAlso scaling problems, can you send me pictures of your nt mini motherboard so we see what is problem there

My NT Mini is functioning as it should. I have no reason to open the casing in order to photograph the motherboard.

What "scaling problems" have you viewed that are associated with the serial number "problem"?

My NT Mini is functioning as it should. I have no reason to open the casing in order to photograph the motherboard.

What "scaling problems" have you viewed that are associated with the serial number "problem"?

You have to read thread what other users have written, cannot help you without seeing the faulty motherboard, bad caps?

Got my NT Mini in, thing is so sweet, specially the jailbroken firmware. Thanks so much for all your hard work Kevtris!

I have noticed a couple issues though. For one, it appears that all filters aside for hq2x and scale2x are broken and don't do anything, or at least don't make any discernable difference over hq2x or scale2x. This problem does not exist on my Hi-Def HDMI modded AV Famicom, you can easily see the difference between hq2x and hq3x and so forth. Not the case with the NT Mini, there seems to be no change at all when going from hq2x to hq3x and above, same thing for scale2x & 3x.

2nd issue I've noticed is the system is showing a serial # of 00000001. Have seen others mention this but no ideas why or solutions. Anyone know why that is happening?

Thanks for the help in advance :) Am so glad to hear that Analogue is going to continue to let Kevtris update the JB firmware and cores. I would think it would be smart of them to just make that firmware the official one and officially release cart & controller adapters for it.

Som Also scaling problems, can you send me pictures of your nt mini motherboard so we see what is problem there

The post RadikusRLZ is referring to is quoted first. I have a unit with the serial number issue and I'll give those hq2x/hq3x settings a try and see if I have an issue with them like Skins4thewin does. If the serial number problem is the only problem I'm fine with it, but if its only a symptom of something more then we may need to send these back to Analogue.

Got my NT Mini in, thing is so sweet, specially the jailbroken firmware. Thanks so much for all your hard work Kevtris!

I have noticed a couple issues though. For one, it appears that all filters aside for hq2x and scale2x are broken and don't do anything, or at least don't make any discernable difference over hq2x or scale2x. This problem does not exist on my Hi-Def HDMI modded AV Famicom, you can easily see the difference between hq2x and hq3x and so forth. Not the case with the NT Mini, there seems to be no change at all when going from hq2x to hq3x and above, same thing for scale2x & 3x.

2nd issue I've noticed is the system is showing a serial # of 00000001. Have seen others mention this but no ideas why or solutions. Anyone know why that is happening?

Thanks for the help in advance :) Am so glad to hear that Analogue is going to continue to let Kevtris update the JB firmware and cores. I would think it would be smart of them to just make that firmware the official one and officially release cart & controller adapters for it.

Som Also scaling problems, can you send me pictures of your nt mini motherboard so we see what is problem there

OMG I hope this is the best troll ever. I'm dying.

I don't think he is trolling. A bunch of people have encountered the serial number issue. One of those people also has malfunctioning scalers. Its possible that some or all of the people with the serial number problem also have the scaler problem but haven't noticed yet since they haven't tried to use them. I can, however, disprove the "all" part of the previous statement, as my NT Mini has the serial number issue but appears to have no problems with any of the scalers. I hope these are unrelated problems.

The serial number issue shouldn't affect operation of any other aspect of the system.

No better way to shut up troll than straight from the designers mouth. Kudos. I don't think a couple digits displayed on a menu screen is any reason to return a console, especially with what they charge for shipping... :P