1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I disagree. Much of the content in this thread, including side discussions, has brought up interesting opinions and viewpoints for a range of different issues such as the growing pains of converting from vintage analog to modern digital display technology.

You want updates to the Kevtris project when there are none. Lots of people with varying interests subbed to a hot topic regarding an as of yet unreleased product. Of course there will be speculation. And I've enoyed reading each and every post.

Yah, sorry about a lack of updates but not much I can say. Stuff's on track for february though! I just want to head off any discussion of tacos before they start :-)

• Like 3

Would it be possible for the NT Mini to someday output NES games in 4k? That's actually been one of the things holding me back from getting a 4k TV.

I don't think you have to worry to much. Most likly your 1080p is a bit older. So a newer 4k would be better depending you get a brand cause the other specs are just better. 4k tv will scale the image. If you want good scaling stick with 720p setting. It's ether the same or better depending on the tv.

Edited by Deltax5

Yah, sorry about a lack of updates but not much I can say. Stuff's on track for february though! I just want to head off any discussion of tacos before they start :-)

Kevtris, can you tell us what is being done between now and the release in Feb? Testing? Firmware fixes? Or are we waiting on manufacturing to complete?

Also, could you post pics of the development setup you used to design the system? Any chance you could sell your prototype Super NT hardware some day?

Has anyone been able to get Burgertime to run correctly on the NT Mini A2600 core? I did read the release notes for the core. The Burgertime rom with the .mn extension (From the Smokemonster Rom Pack) loads to the initial screen, but there are graphical glitches and the game will not start. I tried downloading a fresh rom from Atariage and changing the extension from .bin to .mn, but with the same result. Burgertime is the first game for the A2600 high score club season 7 this week. If possible, I would like to play it on the NT Mini. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Has anyone been able to get Burgertime to run correctly on the NT Mini A2600 core? I did read the release notes for the core. The Burgertime rom with the .mn extension (From the Smokemonster Rom Pack) loads to the initial screen, but there are graphical glitches and the game will not start. I tried downloading a fresh rom from Atariage and changing the extension from .bin to .mn, but with the same result. Burgertime is the first game for the A2600 high score club season 7 this week. If possible, I would like to play it on the NT Mini. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Check the difficulty switch settings. Some games use these for pause and will look corrupt (i.e. koolaid man) if it's set to "pause" on start. I remember testing/playing this game during development

• Like 2

I checked the Analogue site today and the Pre-order buttons for the Super Nt are gone. The buttons for the Nt Mini disappeared a few weeks ago. The Pre-order buttons for the controllers just send you to their respective Amazon pages. I would suggest they finalized not only their factory orders but also their shipment. Pre-orders may not start up again in the immediate future, but assuming this console gets good reviews and for some hopefully an analog video/audio adapter, they will probably appear again.

• Like 1

I checked the Analogue site today and the Pre-order buttons for the Super Nt are gone. The buttons for the Nt Mini disappeared a few weeks ago. The Pre-order buttons for the controllers just send you to their respective Amazon pages. I would suggest they finalized not only their factory orders but also their shipment. Pre-orders may not start up again in the immediate future, but assuming this console gets good reviews and for some hopefully an analog video/audio adapter, they will probably appear again.

Fake news..the preorder links are still active for all four super nt consoles

Edited by m0therbrain

The buttons did not show up in Chrome, but I tried Internet Explorer and they do. Nt Mini has an "Out of stock" instead of a Pre-order button. I guess it was a false alarm due to the browser.

Even stranger is that when I access the Store page in Chrome's incognito mode, I see the buttons. I did not see anything about "limit one per customer". Must be something weird with Chrome and cookies or site settings or something, but I do not feel like flushing everything right now.. Sorry for all the noise.

Kevtris is correct, Burgertime is set to pause mode when it starts up on the Nt Mini, changing the left difficulty switch allows you to play.

OMG. You gave me a flashback of my own childhood, I clearly rememeber having a cart like that, and fiddling with the switches on the 2600 and getting it to start... can't say I loved this system, I don't think I'll ever have interest to play it ever again. (still own the system too, must be somewhere at my parents place) but to each their own, I guess :)

OMG. You gave me a flashback of my own childhood, I clearly rememeber having a cart like that, and fiddling with the switches on the 2600 and getting it to start... can't say I loved this system, I don't think I'll ever have interest to play it ever again. (still own the system too, must be somewhere at my parents place) but to each their own, I guess :)

you do realize you are on a web forum dedicated to this platform???

• Like 1

I watch a wide variety of content. I did get burn-in on my 2008 plasma, but the first signs of it showed up after eight years of usage. I'm not concerned.

My set was $1700 for a 65 inch 2017 OLED because I know how to work deals. I plan on upgrading every couple of years for a while since tech is evolving very quickly right now. Life is good. I can't stand even the best zone backlighting.

Ummm Oled and Plasma are two different technologies. Saying it took 8 years to get burn in on your plasma when someone talks to you about burn in on an oled is like if a doctor tells you that you have liver failure and retorting that your family has no history of heart problems.

And if you "know how to get deals" then you could just apply that skillset to anything you purchase across the board so it is equally advantageous to you if you are buying a tv with a life expectancy longer than 2-3 years.

Also if you are complaining about blacks on non-oleds what about the white levels on oleds being subpar? Based on where technology is today the best tradeoff you can make is getting a decent tv that has low input lag, local dimming for better black experiences, and will last for awhile if you need it to without breaking your bank. Oled is just too flawed to adopt right now (unless you can replace it every 2 years and are willing to run special screen savers on it to keep it alive and don't mind the inferior whites)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH4qkU7rsAI