1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

So far you've suggested they not sell their entire stock when they could just so they could have reserve units to sell after the review, and that I'm dumb for saying Analogue will use pre-orders like they have in the past (or just wait for them to come in stock again), and your reasoning for me being wrong is because they haven't opened pre-orders while they still have consoles in stock. For the love of god you're thick. Now please stop.

No, I asked if they made the smart business decision of having some aside of the pre-orders to sell "when the floodgates open", so to speak, then asked if there was a timeframe for a restock.

You gave a smart-ass condescending reply, claiming that they'll just have "pre-orders" when they sell out. (You should have just said "when restocks are inbound", but no, you wanted to be an ass.) I demonstrated to you that your argument was wrong, since there are no "pre-orders" on a different product, just that it's "out of stock". Could they do it? Sure. But they aren't with the Mini. So, you're wrong.

You're acting like an idiot, but I'm the thick one that needs to stop?

Take your own advice.

Option 1) Kevtris, who has had his products reviewed by the pickiest of the picky is lying/doesn't know what you are doing

Option 2) Your unit is defective or not configured properly

Option 3) Your xrgb mini is defective or not configured properly

Option 4) Your tv is defective or not configured properly

Option 5) Your cables are defective or not wired properly

Option 6) The guy taking a console with hdmi out and instead using the lowest quality analogue out to a hdmi upscaler + converter that costs an additional $400 and adds 2 frames of lag to get a laggy, cruddy, digitized composite signal instead of using the pure digital hdmi signal he could have just gotten out of the console doesn't know what he is doing.

That's a tough one.

No I have test it three new Framemeister and two new NT mini console.

Edited by RadikusRLZ

No, I asked if they made the smart business decision of having some aside of the pre-orders to sell "when the floodgates open", so to speak, then asked if there was a timeframe for a restock.

You gave a smart-ass condescending reply, claiming that they'll just have "pre-orders" when they sell out. (You should have just said "when restocks are inbound", but no, you wanted to be an ass.) I demonstrated to you that your argument was wrong, since there are no "pre-orders" on a different product, just that it's "out of stock". Could they do it? Sure. But they aren't with the Mini. So, you're wrong.

You're acting like an idiot, but I'm the thick one that needs to stop?

Take your own advice.

It isn't smart to not sell things today because people might want them later. Read a book or something, educate yourself.

No I have test it three new Framemeister and two new NT mini console.

Have you tried swapping the cables (The analogue cables and adapter out, and the hdmi cable) or using it on a different tv?

Edited by Wolf_

It isn't smart to not sell things today because people might want them later. Read a book or something, educate yourself.

Have you tried swapping the cables (The analogue cables and adapter out, and the hdmi cable) or using it on a different tv?

5 different monitors and TV's and different cable also

Arg I was about to wait for reviews. But Facebook told me they sold out on the gray one. That is the one I wanted. Went on the site and there sold out the transparent and gray one.( I really thought it was transparent black at one point, that would of been better, but it's not) Only purple and black left. I went ahead and just ordered the purple one. I don't want to be left waiting even longer if when the review comes there sold out.

I already know they have learned from there mistakes from the nes nt. Hopefully I won't be a let down. Maybe I can cancel my order maybe if it turns out bad.

I know it plays everything the flashcart has to offer so that is good enough for me.

Is the new 8-bit controllers out yet. I am going to see reviews of them. IDK care for them much. But if there good and little to no input delay then im down. Are they just the old one's or are these newer versions. I see there is a pro versions with thumb sticks.

I didn't see a paypal option. I am the type of guy who is paypal only. This was a exception I guess.

Edited by D3ltax55

Option 6) The guy taking a console with hdmi out and instead using the lowest quality analogue out to a hdmi upscaler + converter that costs an additional $400 and adds 2 frames of lag to get a laggy, cruddy, digitized composite signal instead of using the pure digital hdmi signal he could have just gotten out of the console doesn't know what he is doing.

There is at least one valid reason to use a FM or an OSSC with an NT Mini; superior scanline options. That the Super NT offers hybrid scanlines with gamma is one of the biggest selling points to me. I'd love to see the NT Mini get that ability.

Is the new 8-bit controllers out yet. I am going to see reviews of them. IDK care for them much. But if there good and little to no input delay then im down.

I don't care for the 8bitdo controllers. However, their wireless receiver paired with a Wii U Pro controller is heavenly. I'm currently using that combo on my real Super Famicom.

Edited by Beer Monkey
  • Like 1

There is at least one valid reason to use a FM or an OSSC with an NT Mini; superior scanline options. That the Super NT offers hybrid scanlines with gamma is one of the biggest selling points to me. I'd love to see the NT Mini get that ability.

Is that not available on the ossc? I'm pretty sure the scanlines it generates are top notch (not that I've had any complaint about the nt mini ones) and it doesn't add any lag, and it costs half as much. Either way I personally would prefer slightly worse scanlines and 2 frames less of lag.

Regardless if that were their goal they should still be using rgb or component and not composite out. The entire thing just doesn't add up.

Option 1) Kevtris, who has had his products reviewed by the pickiest of the picky is lying/doesn't know what you are doing

Option 2) Your unit is defective or not configured properly

Option 3) Your xrgb mini is defective or not configured properly

Option 4) Your tv is defective or not configured properly

Option 5) Your cables are defective or not wired properly

That's a tough one.

I don't think English is his first language so part of the problem may be communication. I haven't been following his issue closely but I think someone else was able to reproduce one of the problems he had with the PAL composite output.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/page-169?do=findComment&comment=3883486

Maybe things were figured out later on and I missed it, but there are so many people bickering about dumb shit in this thread that it wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

So your development unit can do analog? NICE! :grin:

It can't, but I have a special PPU development board that plugs into the cartridge port and I can run real PPUs + the FPGA PPU in parallel while games and test programs run. This lets me do direct A:B comparisons in real time. At the very start, I did use an nt mini with a PPU board though until the super nt hardware was ready to go.

No it is not, I test it with Framemeister, there is very very bad noise problem on NTSC picture and PAL signal is not working at all. Why they lie to us ?

I am not sure what the problem is, but it sounds like cable issues. If you made your own cable, it's possible the ground isn't connected to ground or is open circuit or similar. An open ground will result in a very poor picture since the video is being grounded through other means (or not at all).

The composite output in NES mode is exactly the same, voltage wise, as a stock system. I tested it here during development on two PVMs, and on several other TVs here and at a friend's house. The sillyscope, earm, oscilloscope shows no noise or other anomalies on the DAC output lines either.

If you made your own cable, make sure you have the proper output mode pins grounded or else it might be outputting RGB or component instead.

• Like 3

They're probably waiting for every model to sell out before they open pre orders. Also they might not open them immediately after. It isn't hard to figure this out if you have an iq over 10. Also the nt mini has had preorders.

Is there a reason you're insulting people for not knowing unknowable things, or is that just your personality?

• Like 1

Is there a reason you're insulting people for not knowing unknowable things, or is that just your personality?

Seems like the guy just likes to get off on insults and being argumentative with random memes at the beginning or end of his posts.

• Like 1

I was hoping to get him to stop posting about it. We're in the "Announcement window" so I'm eager for actual news and not "I hope they intentionally didn't sell stuff so the people that didn't buy stuff can order because there is no other, I repeat, NO OTHER way to cope with selling the initial batch. I mean other than restocking or pre-orders but lets not get crazy here." For another 30 back and forth messages.

A better question is why are you using composite with a Framemeister? lol.

Or using the Framemeister at all when he could just plug an hdmi cable.

If he wants the real "warts and all" experience, why not get an old crusty nes with worn pin connector and even more worn rf switch, a janky crt with maladjusted electron beam and color spots cause by risidual magnetic fields. Blow on the carts until you're blue in the face, then cram that New kids on the block cassette tape on top of the cart to hold the loading tray at half mast, don't even breath on the system once the game loads lest you lose your progress due to sprite corruption, and finally enjoy the jailbars, wavy lines, and snowy reception in that rare instance when the actual game cart behaves...

• Like 1