1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've received two shipping updates today; UPS says my package is still in Colorado, analogue says they just tried to deliver it and it could not be completed. I guess we'll see if there is a note when I get home. Could be very exciting though!

I live in germany and got the same. On the Analogue Web Page it shows as the package trying to be deliviered but couldn't, but there was always someone at home. I think that's just an error. Mine hasn't arrived yet, so I guess today is over for that. It's 7:00 PM now here.

I'd like to know one thing: What Power supply does this come with, and is it OK to change it for one of those generic USB chargers? What do I have to be careful about in regards to the PSU? Is anything that delivers 2A and isn't crap just fine, or should I be extra careful?

Edited by leods

It is easy to get mad and upset. I think they have been more successful than expected with the Super NT. Yeah it stinks, but I am willing to forgive since it is their first mainstream product. Now if the next one has these issues... then it is a little more unforgivable. I am glad you posted though, because I was debating going to the post office, which would have been a waste of time.

I wasn't really upset until I saw some people here getting their packages already. It's clear there's no rhyme or reason why some people have received theirs and others haven't. So basically we all paid an exorbitant amount of money for shipping because Analogue paid a third party to handle it for them, yet whoever they paid (and paid well) have no idea what they're doing. An entire weekend that could have been spent cozying up to some old 16 bit favorites is now out the window because of these idiots.

Edited by jamon1567

Wow, one of mine is arriving early today. The second one isn't coming until Tuesday. I don't think they all got shipped on the day Analogue said they did but whatever. I also have still never received a shipping confirmation from anyone other than UPS.

I wonder when Analogue is going to remove the Nt Mini from their store?

I hope they keep doing runs of the NT Mini, even if they're few and far between. I guess it's nice that I own a console that can be flipped for 1200 bucks on ebay but I also would rather have more units out there for the sake of common knowledge of repairs, issues etc. Luxury cars are expensive to repair partially due to their rarity.

It seems pretty clear that the shipper either shipped geographically or shipped last in first out. I ordered with the first hour that it went up and am on the East Coast. I am scheduled for the 14th. According to UPS my package wasn't ready for UPS until 02/07 at 4:30. Awful late for a first hour preorder. 9Still haven't received an email either)

I'm a little miffed, especially given the shipping cost, but nothing is going to change anything at this point.

I'm so disappointed right now. So.. someone in Europe pays the $40 shipping and gets the SNT in two days, and I'm paying $37-$43 and it takes a week! This is the last I'm bringing the shipping issues up, but I can't relay in a post how disappointed I am with Analogue at this point.

What's your destination zip or city?

I'm a little annoyed at paying top dollar for shipping and still requiring a week to be delivered within the same country. At the moment it's in my state, but UPS Tracking says it won't be delivered until Monday.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but if you're paying $40 shipping for a relatively small package, it needs to be delivered overnight and come with a side of fries.

Edited by Laner

Does anyone here that is seeing a shipping date of next week in UPS My Choice have any sort of tracking history other than when it left NV on the 7th? I don't, and I also got a curious email today from Analogue that says my shipment couldn't be delivered today....I'm with F34R here and starting to get upset....

Yeah. I have one that is supposed to come Tuesday and it is apparently in Iowa right now (on its way to MN). It had an update in CO as well after it left NV.

I wouldn't trust any shipping related email Analogue sent. If the email contains a tracking number and it doesn't say it was attempted delivered on UPS website then it wasn't. Analogue doesn't have some hidden tracking information that UPS is giving them but not showing on their website.

Edited by Toth

Yeah. I have one that is supposed to come Tuesday and it is apparently in Iowa right now (on its way to MN). It had an update in CO as well after it left NV.

I wouldn't trust any shipping related email Analogue sent. If the email contains a tracking number and it doesn't say it was attempted delivered on UPS website then it wasn't. Analogue doesn't have some hidden tracking information that UPS is giving them but not showing on their website.

I'm in MN and my tracking shows the same. They're probably on the same truck. ;) If it was in Iowa with USPS it would be arriving tomorrow, but since it's UPS, next Tuesday.

• Like 1

Wasn't the shipping speed clearly known at the time of order? I can't remember exactly how shipping was labeled when I preordered in Oct, but currently it does state "UPS Ground".

With all the companies that over promise and under deliver on products, I think Analogue has done a fantastic job here. They promised a Feb release and they managed to ship out every single console on Feb 6-7th. Everyone will get their console by mid Feb. The reviews so far have exceeded all expectations.

Yes, $40 shipping sounds excessive but I don't think it was any kind of sneaky attempt to increase profits, at least not by Analogue. Here is how the numbers look for me:

- I was charged ~$23 for shipment to California

- If I go to the UPS site and price out a shipment with a box size of 12x10x8 (just a guess), a weight of 3.1 pounds, and an insured value of $190, the UPS Ground price is $14.79. Note that the billable weight is 6 pounds here. It appears anything above 3 pounds is billed as 6 pounds by UPS.

- Consider that this UPS cost doesn't include two additional costs: Packaging materials and handling. Analogue hired another company to package/ship and that's probably where the additional $8 went

• Like 2

I ordered mine a week ago and its scheduled for a February 14th delivery (sweeeeeet) to Vancouver Canada where I live... international shipment. Cant remember what I paid in shipping but dont care.

Maybe its all about expectations. I was expecting to possibly wait months but hey if Im getting it on the 14th Ill be pretty damn happy.

Edited by brentonius

What's your destination zip or city?

Not needed. I can see where it is already.

Wasn't the shipping speed clearly known at the time of order? I can't remember exactly how shipping was labeled when I preordered in Oct, but currently it does state "UPS Ground".

With all the companies that over promise and under deliver on products, I think Analogue has done a fantastic job here. They promised a Feb release and they managed to ship out every single console on Feb 6-7th. Everyone will get their console by mid Feb. The reviews so far have exceeded all expectations.

Yes, $40 shipping sounds excessive but I don't think it was any kind of sneaky attempt to increase profits, at least not by Analogue. Here is how the numbers look for me:

- I was charged ~$23 for shipment to California

- If I go to the UPS site and price out a shipment with a box size of 12x10x8 (just a guess), a weight of 3.1 pounds, and an insured value of $190, the UPS Ground price is $14.79. Note that the billable weight is 6 pounds here. It appears anything above 3 pounds is billed as 6 pounds by UPS.

- Consider that this UPS cost doesn't include two additional costs: Packaging materials and handling. Analogue hired another company to package/ship and that's probably where the additional $8 went

There's no rhyme or reason for the costs. The order I placed on day 1, within a few minutes being available $37 in shipping. I placed another order on the 6th of Feb. just a few days ago, same address, and the shipping was $43. Now take into account people in Europe, paid less than that in some cases, and have already received their orders. Some people that ordered just a couple days before the release date, received their orders. This is ridiculous, and I'm holding Analogue accountable for it.

Not needed. I can see where it is already.

There's no rhyme or reason for the costs. The order I placed on day 1, within a few minutes being available $37 in shipping. I placed another order on the 6th of Feb. just a few days ago, same address, and the shipping was $43. Now take into account people in Europe, paid less than that in some cases, and have already received their orders. Some people that ordered just a couple days before the release date, received their orders. This is ridiculous, and I'm holding Analogue accountable for it.

They used a different shipping company for most international orders. And UPS is always changing their prices. Not sure I understand why Analogue is at fault here. If you don't want to pay the shipping cost, don't order it.

• Like 1

UPS is always more expensive for me than USPS and it is slower. They probably aren't paying retail price for the shipping though. I would imagine the company that ships out thousands of products per day is getting some sort of volume discount so it impossible to know the price paid to the company vs what the shipping really cost since they aren't going to ever tell us.

They used a different shipping company for most international orders. And UPS is always changing their prices. Not sure I understand why Analogue is at fault here. If you don't want to pay the shipping cost, don't order it.

That may very well be what happens. If they aren't willing to do better with the shipping, and lose buyers because of that, so be it.

I know the shipping is pretty frustrating, but didn't we all go through this with the NT Mini as well? I seem to remember preordering on day one and the shipping costs, speed, and absolutely arbitrary choice of dispatching orders to be eerily similar.

The shipping costs were similar, but I don't recall having any issues with receiving it in a timely manner.

UPS is always more expensive for me than USPS and it is slower. They probably aren't paying retail price for the shipping though. I would imagine the company that ships out thousands of products per day is getting some sort of volume discount so it impossible to know the price paid to the company vs what the shipping really cost since they aren't going to ever tell us.

It's pretty sad what has happened to UPS. They used to have the shipping game on lock, but now I'd rather use the post office.

That may very well be what happens. If they aren't willing to do better with the shipping, and lose buyers because of that, so be it.

Analogue seems to be pretty good with taking the major complaints and improving the next time. The OG Nt was horribly delayed and then the Nt Mini shipped on time. Everyone complained about the included controller, metal casing, and high price with the Nt Mini, and the Super Nt solves all that. The only complaint people have with the Super Nt is related to shipping so I'm guessing that will be addressed with the next product, possibly be increasing the product cost a bit to subsidize the shipping.

Be honest here:

If the Super Nt were $220 with $10 shipping how would you feel?

Or let's say they kept the same $190 price and charged $20 for shipping but handled it in house, and it took 2 weeks to ship everyone's order?

Edited by cacophony
  • Like 3

It's pretty sad what has happened to UPS. They used to have the shipping game on lock, but now I'd rather use the post office.

Heck no for me. USPS is constantly delivering packaged to the wrong house, not ever delivering them, finding them months later in a pile of discarded packages, being late by several days to a week, etc. UPS is normally really good for me. The issue with what's going on now, is on Analogue and whatever crap company they are using.

The shipping costs were similar, but I don't recall having any issues with receiving it in a timely manner.

Maybe I was unlucky, or maybe you were lucky. :)

I had to email them on more than one occasion with the NT Mini as my order sat in "preparing" status for several days, while others waaay down the line from me per order number were being shipped out.

Anyways, I have taken a more blasé attitude this time around with shipping as I figure its just the cost of doing business with Analogue. They do such an exceptional job otherwise, I figured to just let the shipping stuff slide this time around.

Edited by roaringchicken