1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Analogue seems to be pretty good with taking the major complaints and improving the next time. The OG Nt was horribly delayed and then the Nt Mini shipped on time. Everyone complained about the included controller, metal casing, and high price with the Nt Mini, and the Super Nt solves all that. The only complaint people have with the Super Nt is related to shipping so I'm guessing that will be addressed with the next product, possibly be increasing the product cost a bit to subsidize the shipping. Be honest here: If the Super Nt were $220 with $10 shipping how would you feel? Or let's say they kept the same $190 and charged $20 for shipping but handled it in house, and it took 2 weeks to ship everyone's order?

Still pissed it's not here :D

Analogue seems to be pretty good with taking the major complaints and improving the next time. The OG Nt was horribly delayed and then the Nt Mini shipped on time. Everyone complained about the included controller, metal casing, and high price with the Nt Mini, and the Super Nt solves all that. The only complaint people have with the Super Nt is related to shipping so I'm guessing that will be addressed with the next product, possibly be increasing the product cost a bit to subsidize the shipping. Be honest here: If the Super Nt were $220 with $10 shipping how would you feel? Or let's say they kept the same $190 and charged $20 for shipping but handled it in house, and it took 2 weeks to ship everyone's order?

Well, they aren't getting the hint at these ridiculous shipping costs, that's for sure. This is going to be my last order from them if the shipping costs with their next product(s) are still over charging. If they would do the shipping properly, then I wouldn't have any issues with it. However, charging me $43 for ground shipping and taking a week, yet charging $40 for someone in Hong Kong and they get it in a couple days, is a kick in the teeth. Shipping for this shouldn't have been any more than $15 for ground shipping.$189.99 + $15 shipping is what it should have been. Take into account that the prices aren't even consistent to the same address. smh Like I said, I'm drawing the line. I requested a shipping cost refund. No biggie. If they wanna pocket that $37 and in turn lose any other revenue from me and my family, I'm ok with that.

Well, they aren't getting the hint at these ridiculous shipping costs, that's for sure. This is going to be my last order from them if the shipping costs with their next product(s) are still over charging. If they would do the shipping properly, then I wouldn't have any issues with it. However, charging me $43 for ground shipping and taking a week, yet charging $40 for someone in Hong Kong and they get it in a couple days, is a kick in the teeth. Shipping for this shouldn't have been any more than $15 for ground shipping.$189.99 + $15 shipping is what it should have been. Take into account that the prices aren't even consistent to the same address. smh Like I said, I'm drawing the line. I requested a shipping cost refund. No biggie. If they wanna pocket that $37 and in turn lose any other revenue from me and my family, I'm ok with that.

They could have done $15 shipping if they had one of their employees (an intern perhaps) walk done to the local post office and request 20,000 free priority mail boxes. And then have the same intern spend a few weeks putting Super Nts into those thin/cheap boxes with little to no added padding. It would have arrived in 2-3 days, but you'd be waiting a few weeks for the shipment to actually go out.

This is actually pretty close to how my AVS was shipped, but it was $14 instead of $15, and I'm not sure about the intern part :)

Edited by cacophony

I just decided to wait as I also saw the $43 shipping and then just closed the browser tab. Later this year from the store I'll likely buy the SNES from Nintendo for $80. I just want a decent HDMI SNES and don't need the perfect FPGA hardware emulation. Nintendo's software emulation for 1/3 the cost is a better option for me.

Edited by thetick1

For anyone in the USA wanting to track their Super NT order, go to the UPS website (not on a mobile browser) and track by reference. Populate shipment reference with your order number (e.g. #4694), including the pound sign, set shipment range start date to 02/06/2018 and end date today, your delivery zip code, and United States as the Destination Country. Leave shipper account blank. https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US

That appears to be what happened to mine >_< , UPS Standard

it's not unlimited supply. It just doesn't work anymore just putting 10,000 units in your car to se how many are left...

It didn't work with the SFC either. I know because I tried...

Edit: Mine is in Cologne. It's just an hour away from me. I would go there get it if I could.

Edit 2: Doing thesting on the 8bit do stuff to keep my sanity.

Edited by leods

Haven't had opportunity to peruse the unit in operation, yet, but the SFC version actually looks better than what I had expected in my minds eye and has the feel to me of what a legit mini might resemble. It's a bit smaller and in effect actually cuter (in a kewl way), than what I was expecting. icon_smile.gif

Just watched a video review. He tried a couple of games that had problems. THose of are joe and mac it was one of the games that crashed congo caper(maybe it's just his copy maybe a review copy, Unholy Night freezes after menu and he had a repo of star fox 2 that had a original controller menu but he found a work around where you boot the game without controllers then plug them in when the game boots.
Still waiting on mine. It will prob come on Tuesday. But no update on the carrier site today for some reason. looking promising.

Not sure it will make a difference, but you can also try tracking by the order/reference number:

https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/reference

In the Shipment Reference box put your Analogue order number with a "#" at the start: #XXXX

You'll also need to put in the destination country and zip code

Thank you for spelling it out. I was able to retrieve my info without creating an account or emailing Analogue for help. I live in Louisiana. paid $31.15 for shipping, and am expected to receive my parcel on February 13th! :grin:

Too bad I work full time and probably won't get to play with it until next weekend... :P

EDIT: I finally got caught up with this thread and the level of whine in this thread is too much. Would you like some cheese with that? People need to stop getting their panties in a wad claiming stuff like, "Person X lives in Europe, paid less than I did for shipping, and got theirs before me... Whaa! Whaa! Whaa!" Seriously way too many crybabies in this thread. You all agreed to the shipping charge, and you'll all get your console in February 2018, within the advertised arrival timeline.

• Like 2

All this talk of 32X, what games are you folks actually going to play on that? :lol: I think this desire would be simply to say, "yeah, it can play 32X games". You're really going to invest serious time into Kolibri or Metal Head? I don't buy that.

Kolibri is a fantastic game, I just recently named a bunch of great 32X games in this thread. Some people are just too susceptible to groupthink to fairly analyze the games. Virtua Racing Deluxe, Virtua Fighter, Space Harrier, and Afterburner are fantastic AAA games by any rational measure.

Edited by RabidWookie

If the 32x could put a nail in the coffin of a company like Sega I think Analogue should learn from history and not release it as an addon.

If Analogue could support 32 bits that includes things like the Game Boy Advance and some other big name systems. Considering we are at the peak of price to performance with current fpga technology just covering the snes and maybe some expansion chips, and that it would take at least a year to do a Genesis core and then the 32x would have to be figured out after that (and that it is a real clusterfuck of engineering). I think by the time something like that could go into production we will be a hell of a lot better off releasing a more powerful console with it than releasing it as a less popular addon.

Word. As for the possibility of a Mega NT, I would be happy with just the core Genesis functionality. It would run SMS games by default (like a stock Genesis) through existing adapters such as the Power Base Mini, and a menu option for FM synthesis should be trivial to add to the FPGA when playing SMS games. Ditto for adding support for Game Gear Games. I think it is great there is emphasis and fans of the Sega CD and 32X, but in reality the 32X is simply too powerful to implement currently, and the original add-on will not work well with an all digital HDMI Genesis. CD would require a CD add-on or some piracy-enabled method of running ISOs or CUE files via the SD card which Analogue would not support. Making the required expansion connector accessible would likely add too much to the price of the console beyond the $200 target price.

I personally would be interested in a Genesis console and will likely buy one if Analogue puts one out. I do not currently own any Sega CD games or 32X games, but given both systems had limited commercial success, I believe the majority of gamers will only have nostalgia for the base system, unless they collected the add-ons much later in life. The available library of bog standard Genesis and Megadrive games is already an order of magnitude larger than CD + 32X anyway.

Also if the Super NT gets jailbreak cores, then there is a real possibility the Mega NT would as well, and that means Atari and other classic pre-crash 9-pin consoles would be operable on the system. The Atari core would work with real Atari joysticks and paddles, and hopefully a simple cart adapter for the melody homebrews! :grin: :thumbsup:

Word. As for the possibility of a Mega NT, I would be happy with just the core Genesis functionality. It would run SMS games by default (like a stock Genesis) through existing adapters such as the Power Base Mini, and a menu option for FM synthesis should be trivial to add to the FPGA when playing SMS games. Ditto for adding support for Game Gear Games. I think it is great there is emphasis and fans of the Sega CD and 32X, but in reality the 32X is simply too powerful to implement currently, and the original add-on will not work well with an all digital HDMI Genesis. CD would require a CD add-on or some piracy-enabled method of running ISOs or CUE files via the SD card which Analogue would not support. Making the required expansion connector accessible would likely add too much to the price of the console beyond the $200 target price.

I personally would be interested in a Genesis console and will likely buy one if Analogue puts one out. I do not currently own any Sega CD games or 32X games, but given both systems had limited commercial success, I believe the majority of gamers will only have nostalgia for the base system, unless they collected the add-ons much later in life. The available library of bog standard Genesis and Megadrive games is already an order of magnitude larger than CD + 32X anyway.

Also if the Super NT gets jailbreak cores, then there is a real possibility the Mega NT would as well, and that means Atari and other classic pre-crash 9-pin consoles would be operable on the system. The Atari core would work with real Atari joysticks and paddles, and hopefully a simple cart adapter for the melody homebrews! :grin: :thumbsup:

Hehe, I don't know if it makes sense to create a "Mega Nintendo" unless it plays both Sega and Nintendo. It would better be branded the Analogue MD or something like that if we are talking about the base Megadrive/Genesis.

I too would be happy with just a core Genesis functionality. And I think that while it would be nice to have a CD addon and perhaps a 32X addon in the future, they would have to be like... at the very end of the line imo. Like, the 32X should come waaaay after the Playstation core, Gameboy Advance core, maybe even the N64 core. I am sure in the year 2033 when Kevtris has finished all the great systems, he'll be twiddling his thumbs and thinking... yeah... why not do the 32X. Maybe by then 32-bit FPGA cores will be cheaper to produce.

I guess what I am saying is: there is definitely *zero* rush for the add on systems. We don't care, well, the vast majority of us don't. But for video gaming history and completionism, hellz ya, that would be awesome if they *did* exist.

Edited by brentonius
  • Like 1

It would run SMS games by default (like a stock Genesis) through existing adapters such as the Power Base Mini, and a menu option for FM synthesis should be trivial to add to the FPGA when playing SMS games. Ditto for adding support for Game Gear Games.

'Course we should remember that thanks to Kev, a Gamegear, and a SMS core (with FM Synthesis) is already available today in the NT Mini.. HDMI out and all.

And after working on it for years, he gave it for free.. granted you had to fork it out for the NT Mini first. :lol:

• Like 1

Hah! I just received a text and an email saying my Super NT has been shipped. Mine was delivered yesterday but still nice they got the notifications out finally.

Edit: Dang, a lot of you sure got hit hard on shipping. I paid $22.64 and it only had to travel a few hundred miles to me. I wonder how they are calculating it to get rates like that.

Edited by Shadowgate

Yep, just the Genesis core would suffice for me. Also, I hope Kevtris gives some options for low pass filter for the audio. Some like it filtered like the early Model 1 revisions while others like the unfiltered sound you can get by installing a Mega Amp. Also, I'm pretty sure Kevtris could knock out a Genesis core a bit faster than the SNES took.

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 1