1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It never loads another NES core, so far as I can tell. If you have a Mini and use the jailbreak you'll see what I mean. When you select the NES core it doesn't load anything (because by virtue of the system being on, it's already loaded the NES core) like the other cores, it just takes you into the menu to select your rom.

I have an NT Mini and yes if you want to run ROMS from the SD card you need to load the NES core like you load all the other cores to access the SD card. This is true unless I was somehow missing something. I'll test again, but I don't think I'm wrong.

Mrnarse I hate to hijack what you said for something "kind-of" related but I wanted to bring up a point about Neo-Geo.

I've seen a few people gripe about the potential for a Neo-Geo FPGA citing prices of carts....

One of the most interesting thing about Neo-Geo right now is that it is one of the few retro systems you can actually buy a lot of the ROMs for. It isn't heavily advertised, but a lot of the "ports" actually come with the original ROM. This is especially the case on GOG.com.

Theoretically, this could make it one of the most viable solutions and you could have one of the only "official" flash-cart/ROM systems.

Makes me wish Nintendo/other companies would do the same. Having official releases on either a system or a flash-cart is just great in my opinion.

Neo Geo is a very interesting case here. I don’t think it would have the popularity to sell well if it were just a FPGA system that runs games off of original cartridges. But thankfully SNK is good with licensing out or porting their classic games to other systems. If an Analogue Neo Geo we’re released, they could market it like the NES and SNES Classic minis, with a couple dozen classic games included with the system, as well as cartridge compatibility. They could sell more games digitally or allow you to use roms as well in some way. It really needs a library of included games to be a viable product because of the price and rarity of original carts.

Sega is also very generous with their licensing and it would be smart if they worked with Analogue to include some games on a FPGA Genesis. But they have hurt their brand a little bit because they’ve licensed their games out to so many crappy clone consoles in the past. It would still sell pretty well on its own without any games though, unlike how I think the Neo Geo would fare.

• Like 2

I have an NT Mini and yes if you want to run ROMS from the SD card you need to load the NES core like you load all the other cores to access the SD card. This is true unless I was somehow missing something. I'll test again, but I don't think I'm wrong.

I understand what you're saying in that you select the NES core, but you'll notice it never loads anything like the other cores because the core is already loaded. Any other core it takes a few seconds and the LED blinks etc etc, not so with the NES core.

Edit: I just checked mine again and any other core actually even asks you if you want to load it. The NES core does not because it's already loaded. Point being, the jailbreak is not utilizing some special NES core.

Edited by jamon1567

Buddy, if you think you're smarter than the system and want to risk 15 years in prison, go right ahead. There are dozens of people sitting in prison right now who thought they were smarter than the system.

That's literally never going to happen. At the absolute worst after wasting hours of both mine and Analogue's time (totaling a higher cost to them than just accepting the return in the first place) the bank would deny my return. It isn't fraud if I'm telling them exactly what it won't do and they rule in my favor, which they will because even if Analogue has a point about not confirming rom playback they would still be bastards for saying nothing and leaving it up to people to invest in a "non refundable" item to find out for themselves. Also I doubt they want anyone poking around their finances lest the banks find out what shipping the consoles actually cost and where the majority of that $40 shipping charge went.

That's literally never going to happen. At the absolute worst after wasting hours of both mine and Analogue's time (totaling a higher cost to them than just accepting the return in the first place) the bank would deny my return. It isn't fraud if I'm telling them exactly what it won't do and they rule in my favor, which they will because even if Analogue has a point about not confirming rom playback they would still be bastards for saying nothing and leaving it up to people to invest in a "non refundable" item to find out for themselves. Also I doubt they want anyone poking around their finances lest the banks find out what shipping the consoles actually cost and where the majority of that $40 shipping charge went.

By all means, give it a try and find out. The guys sitting in prison all thought "they're not going to prosecute me...."

• Like 1

By all means, give it a try and find out. The guys sitting in prison all thought "they're not going to prosecute me...."

You're retarded if you think everyone that filed a claim that got rejected on a $180 charge is sitting in prison with a 15 year sentence.

Edit: Now people that lied about shipping charges and used the extra cost in some kind of slush fund... those guys get in some trouble. Usually fines though.

Edited by Wolf_

If you try to return this system because it does not have a jailbreak, cores and cannot run roms from the SD card then you are a D-Bag.

If Analogue didn't want to say "no" and let people buy a "non returnable" item and find out for themselves that makes them the d-bags.

Luckily they are not and a jb is obviously coming.

I understand what you're saying in that you select the NES core, but you'll notice it never loads anything like the other cores because the core is already loaded. Any other core it takes a few seconds and the LED blinks etc etc, not so with the NES core.

Edit: I just checked mine again and any other core actually even asks you if you want to load it. The NES core does not because it's already loaded. Point being, the jailbreak is not utilizing some special NES core.

You are referring to the core that loads by default on boot? Yes that is the Analogue NES core, but it requires something in the cartridge slot to run roms. You can't access SD card roms from that core unless I missed something or something changed recently. Not saying I didn't miss something I may have. To run roms from SD card I need to load the NES core.... I'll check again if it blinks and reboots to reload that core.

If Analogue didn't want to say "no" and let people buy a "non returnable" item and find out for themselves that makes them the d-bags.

Luckily they are not and a jb is obviously coming.

Wrong, they advertise only what their system can do and if you buy it with other ideas in mind and then try to return it based on the fact it doesn't do what your speculation and wishes hoped for then you are the D-Bag, and an idiot.

There is nothing "obvious" about JB or cores coming. It is speculation regardless of opinion since no-one has confirmed anything. Wishful thinking is what that is. If you return based upon your wishful thinking being let down then you are a d-bag and a fool.

I for one, don't expect anything beyond the published capabilities of the system which is to run what a SNES can run and no more. They've not promised JB, Kevtris has not promised JB or Cores or anything at all beyond the published specs.

• Like 3

Wrong, they advertise only what their system can do and if you buy it with other ideas in mind and then try to return it based on the fact it doesn't do what your speculation and wishes hoped for then you are the D-Bag, and an idiot.

There is nothing "obvious" about JB or cores coming. It is speculation regardless of opinion since no-one has confirmed anything. Wishful thinking is what that is. If you return based upon your wishful thinking being let down then you are a d-bag and a fool.

I for one, don't expect anything beyond the published capabilities of the system which is to run what a SNES can run and no more. They've not promised JB, Kevtris has not promised JB or Cores or anything at all beyond the published specs.

Wrong. Letting people buy something because you don't want to tell them the truth about your product and then saying "No givsies backsies!" is a total d-bag move.

But a jb is coming so lets stop talking about how obviously horribly bad it would be if they tried their current sales strategy and didn't come through. And I'm also not going to debate you about the extremely dumb logic that "it's okay not to tell people about leaving a feature out to temporarily sell more units" but if you're salty about it I'd be happy to put money on it to end this conversation.

This is probably a bad time to bring this up given all the other conversation, but I don't recall seeing anything about this earlier in the thread. What I want to know is if it's possible to play Wonder Boy III with FM sound on the Mini? I know the US version of the game is supposed to work with the FM mod and switched to the japanese region (although I can't seem to get it to work on my modded SMS, but that's another story....), but I can't figure out a way to get it to work on the Mini and I've tried all of the different BIOS, with the FM sound enabled too of course. Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Anyway, I should receive my Super NT today sometime. I'm excited. first thing I'm going to do is try it in comparison to my SNES n OSSC setup to see if I can tell any difference at all... Can't wait, super excited.

If your TV supports the SNES in 5x line mode, Id be interested in seeing that side-by-side with the SNT at 5x height, 6x width and no interpolation. That is a 1200 by 1536 SNES output resolution.

• Like 1

Wrong. Letting people buy something because you don't want to tell them the truth about your product and then saying "No givsies backsies!" is a total d-bag move.

But a jb is coming so lets stop talking about how obviously horribly bad it would be if they tried their current sales strategy and didn't come through. And I'm also not going to debate you about the extremely dumb logic that "it's okay not to tell people about leaving a feature out to temporarily sell more units" but if you're salty about it I'd be happy to put money on it to end this conversation.

Analogue cannot promise something they don't intend to work on themselves. They cannot make promises for what Kevtris will do with his personal time. They also cannot state that their system can do more than it can do in it's shipped state. It is accurate that the unit will if JB'ed be able to do all of the things we hope Kevtris will implement but it cannot be guaranteed he will do it.

There is a no return policy precisely to deal with dirt bag consumers who are using similar logic to your own and expect more than what has been advertised and promised. If you bought it with the hope of cores and JB then that is on you, not on Analogue or Kevtris. Just because he can do it doesn't mean he must or that he will.

Maybe someone besides Kevtris will tackle it, who knows? But putting that on Analogues shoulders as their responsibility to deliver or promise to you and refund you based on that is not fair.

Edited by Maarek_Stele
  • Like 2

You're retarded if you think everyone that filed a claim that got rejected on a $180 charge is sitting in prison with a 15 year sentence.

Edit: Now people that lied about shipping charges and used the extra cost in some kind of slush fund... those guys get in some trouble. Usually fines though.

Nowhere did I say "everyone that did...". I simply stated that there are dozens of people sitting in prison, guilty of friendly fraud who thought they were smarter than the system... who thought they would never get prosecuted. I also stated that if you really want to test the system out like that, go ahead. I'll send you a manicotti with a file in it.

• Like 1

Does it have the same level of compatibility that Kosmic Stardrunk described below? Does it have S-video and component? Does it fit in his entertainment center? Are there other things he may need to buy to hook up all his other consoles? What about his beer money?, etc.

It does something far better:

TCL

40FD2700 | Lx3: Y | SNES: Y | bkbreymeAlso 480p x2

S405 | Lx3: Y | SNES: Y | Lx4/5: Y/Y | DoctorPain99 Also 480p x2 and 480i passthrough. Also reported (43S405) by BahnYuki.

55P605 | Lx3: Y | SNES: Y | Lx4/5: Y/Y | BahnYuki Also 480p x2.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is probably a bad time to bring this up given all the other conversation, but I don't recall seeing anything about this earlier in the thread. What I want to know is if it's possible to play Wonder Boy III with FM sound on the Mini? I know the US version of the game is supposed to work with the FM mod and switched to the japanese region (although I can't seem to get it to work on my modded SMS, but that's another story....), but I can't figure out a way to get it to work on the Mini and I've tried all of the different BIOS, with the FM sound enabled too of course. Any help would be appreciated.

I can take a look.. but quick question: Do you have success playing FM sound on other games with the NT Mini? e.g. Phantasy Star, etc.? And it's just Wonder Boy III you can't get going?

Analogue cannot promise something they don't intend to work on themselves. They cannot make promises for what Kevtris will do with his personal time. They also cannot state that their system can do more than it can do in it's shipped state. It is accurate that the unit will if JB'ed be able to do all of the things we hope Kevtris will implement but it cannot be guaranteed he will do it.

There is a no return policy precisely to deal with dirt bag consumers who are using similar logic to your own and expect more than what has been advertised and promised. If you bought it with the hope of cores and JB then that is on you, not on Analogue or Kevtris. Just because he can do it doesn't mean he must or that he will.

Maybe someone besides Kevtris will tackle it, who knows? But putting that on Analogues shoulders as their responsibility to deliver or promise to you and refund you based on that is not fair.

Put money on it or move along. I'm tired of explaining how wrong you are. Say $180? That way if I'm wrong I can pay you with the money I get from my refund.

tenor.png

Nowhere did I say "everyone that did...". I simply stated that there are dozens of people sitting in prison, guilty of friendly fraud who thought they were smarter than the system... who thought they would never get prosecuted. I also stated that if you really want to test the system out like that, go ahead. I'll send you a manicotti with a file in it.

No one is. If you file a claim for a single $180 that shouldn't get approved but are completely honest about why you want to return the device and the bank doesn't understand what is going on and approves it anyways then you haven't done anything illegal. And people dispute charges that shouldn't get approved all the time and at worst it gets rejected. No one gets prosecuted for jail time because they refute a single $180 charge.

Geezus H you're going to make him NOT want to do it. If you are sure a JB is coming from the goodness of Kev's heart.. well great. Now keep your $180 refund thoughts to yourself and just enjoy what you get, and patiently wait.. or don't purchase it. No one cares. Kev already got soured on the TG16 due to individual comments who were in the minority but loud enough for him to notice. Just saying.

• Like 8

Put money on it or move along. I'm tired of explaining how wrong you are. Say $180? That way if I'm wrong I can pay you with the money I get from my refund.

tenor.png

No one is. If you file a claim for a single $180 that shouldn't get approved but are completely honest about why you want to return the device and the bank doesn't understand what is going on and approves it anyways then you haven't done anything illegal. And people dispute charges that shouldn't get approved all the time and at worst it gets rejected. No one gets prosecuted for jail time because they refute a single $180 charge.

Never did I say that you could not get your money back through your bank. I also never debated the legality of it. I stated that if you asked for a refund based on promises Analogue never made then you are a d-bag. I also stated that if you bought it thinking they were responsible for promises they never made then you are a fool and an idiot. I'm sure if you fraudulently make claims to your bank and prove you sent the product back to Analogue then your bank will give you your money back. I'm not fool enough to claim you'll goto jail or actually get in trouble. This is the real world and dirtbag consumers and manufacturers get away with dirtbag stuff all of the time. Doesn't make them not dirtbags when they get away with it though.

The mindset you have is the reason there is a no return policy. Analogue knew they'd need to deal with horrible unscrupulous consumers so they implemented a "no return policy" to hopefully minimize the issue.

• Like 2

Geezus H you're going to make him NOT want to do it. If you are sure a JB is coming from the goodness of Kev's heart.. well great. Now keep your $180 refund thoughts to yourself and just enjoy what you get, and patiently wait.. or don't purchase it. No one cares. Kev already got soured on the TG16 due to individual comments who were in the minority but loud enough for him to notice. Just saying.

My thoughts exactly. The amount of arrogance/entitlement on display is staggering.

• Like 4

Never did I say that you could not get your money back through your bank. I also never debated the legality of it. I stated that if you asked for a refund based on promises Analogue never made then you are a d-bag. I also stated that if you bought it thinking they were responsible for promises they never made then you are a fool and an idiot. I'm sure if you fraudulently make claims to your bank and prove you sent the product back to Analogue then your bank will give you your money back. I'm not fool enough to claim you'll goto jail or actually get in trouble. This is the real world and dirtbag consumers and manufacturers get away with dirtbag stuff all of the time. Doesn't make them not dirtbags when they get away with it though.

The mindset you have is the reason there is a no return policy. Analogue knew they'd need to deal with horrible unscrupulous consumers so they implemented a "no return policy" to hopefully minimize the issue.

People have nothing to gain by returning their consoles as long as Analogue isn't deliberately keeping people in the dark about massively important features that are not coming.

They are not doing that, but if they were it would only be fair to fight fire with fire. But as they are not, lets move on.

I can take a look.. but quick question: Do you have success playing FM sound on other games with the NT Mini? e.g. Phantasy Star, etc.? And it's just Wonder Boy III you can't get going?

I hadn't tried actually. Given the issues I was having with the FM mod on my SMS with Wonder Boy (but not with "standard" FM games) I wanted to try it on the Mini to see if it worked. I'll try a few others on the Mini later this afternoon and report back.