1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Looking at the Analogue twitter account, even Japanese orders received their Super NT units over a day ago. Finally coming tomorrow for me.

Wait till you see the explanation Analogue gave me for the outside usa shipping times. I'm still in conversation via email with them, so I won't post it until we've come to an end. That will be at least sometime tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.

• Like 1

Wait till you see the explanation Analogue gave me for the outside usa shipping times. I'm still in conversation via email with them, so I won't post it until we've come to an end. That will be at least sometime tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.

This should be interesting to read... :popcorn:

Looking at the Analogue twitter account, even Japanese orders received their Super NT units over a day ago. Finally coming tomorrow for me.

I wonder how much did Analogue charge for shipping to Japan?

If your TV supports the SNES in 5x line mode, Id be interested in seeing that side-by-side with the SNT at 5x height, 6x width and no interpolation. That is a 1200 by 1536 SNES output resolution.

My TV supports it but my Elgato HD60s is not going to cooperate with the 5x mode :( I can't provide screenshots at this time of both side by side. From what I can see however the images are very similar with the Super NT colors being slightly more muted.. The reds are certainly deeper on the OSSC + rgb modded SNES mini . The Super NT I would say is a slightly sharper image as well I think with the interpolation mode turned off. When it is on I think it is nearly a match but still the color pallet is more muted on the Super NT.... It was covered earlier and I would say his screenshots are accurate too, and match what I am seeing.

As far as the full setup goes, the Super NT is exponentially more sexy than the mess of the OSSC setup is... :)..

I'm in the US and in the same town as Analogue is and I just got mine yesterday. For some reason mine came out of Las Vegas so distribution is not coming from Seattle..

My TV supports it but my Elgato HD60s is not going to cooperate with the 5x mode :( I can't provide screenshots at this time of both side by side. From what I can see however the images are very similar with the Super NT colors being slightly more muted.. The reds are certainly deeper on the OSSC + rgb modded SNES mini . The Super NT I would say is a slightly sharper image as well I think with the interpolation mode turned off. When it is on I think it is nearly a match but still the color pallet is more muted on the Super NT.... It was covered earlier and I would say his screenshots are accurate too, and match what I am seeing.

As far as the full setup goes, the Super NT is exponentially more sexy than the mess of the OSSC setup is... :)..

5x height crops way too much. A lot more than standard CRT overscan does.

I'm in the US and in the same town as Analogue is and I just got mine yesterday. For some reason mine came out of Las Vegas so distribution is not coming from Seattle..

They apparently partnered with a logistics company (Rakuten/Webgistix) to help with the pre-order spikes they were expecting so they could get all units out the door by the 7th. Nevada is where Webgistix operates out of.

I'm not really seeing that at all. I lose a few lines on 5x with my screen but not much. I have the overscan option in my TV switched off though. It is the same in 5x mode on my OSSC and the Super NT...

I'm using pixel perfect mode on my Plasma which gives 0% overscan and 5x height crops way more than my SNES into my Sony CRT. Thankfully Kevtris's interpolation feature makes using non interger scales no problem, at least if you don't care about scan lines.

Does the SNT read extFat? normal fat? What is the biggest card it can read?

No exFAT support. I asked kevtris about this the other night in the livestream. He said that SDXC cards are supported if formatted to FAT32.

I would recommend at minimum an 8Gb card. That will be enough to fit a full no-intro SNES set should the jailbreak drop in the future. Otherwise, anything will do as the firmware isn't huge.

I'd got a step further and recommend a 16 GB card. That way you have room for the No-Intro set, any translations and hacks one might want, and anything else that could potentially happen in the future, such as SPC files or even a fabled jailbreak.

This is good information, my source did not indicate that the unofficial Ramsis firmware was being used. I do not recall that the Ramsis improved compatibility, it didn't for me when I used to own one.

Yeah, just makes the menus fancy. There's no improved compatibility (except that it works on the Super NT). I played Smash Tennis and Super Mario World on it for about an hour on the Super NT with no issues before switching over to the SD2SNES.

Can anybody explain the difference in the Super Nt handling the 60.09 Hz refresh rate and how the framemeister handles it? I'm curious because the framemeister doesn't appear to drop any frames or have screen tearing?

It only outputs at 60.00hz over HDMI, period.

You should see a dropped frame or tearing every 10 seconds using the buffered options, though. But you won't at all with the unbuffered option.

Edited by Beer Monkey

You should see a dropped frame or tearing every 10 seconds using the buffered options, though. But you won't at all with the unbuffered option.

Are you referring to the Framemeister or the Super Nt?

If the Framemeister outputs 60.00 Hz, then how does it handle the difference in 60.00 Hz and the SNES 60.09 Hz output?

Then that begs the question, if at the end of the day the games is going to output 60.00hz, then what is the point of the buffered modes?

Can anybody explain the difference in the Super Nt handling the 60.09 Hz refresh rate and how the framemeister handles it? I'm curious because the framemeister doesn't appear to drop any frames or have screen tearing?

My guess is the framemeister actually drops frames. It's one frame every 10 seconds or so, so unless you're actually looking for it, it's very unlikely you'll notice. I don't have a framemeister, so I don't know, but there's really only three ways I can see to solve the problem and maintain 60hz output: Tearing, dropped frame, or some kind of frame interpolation. And tearing would be noticeable, and frame interpolation seems exceedingly unlikely, so dropped frames is the most likely, I think.

Could Analogue even exist without Kevtris? It still seems weird to me he's an "employee" of theirs rather than a partner. Though I suppose the business arrangements aren't really known to anyone. I just always see him referred to as an employee. Has Kevtris helped with every product Analogue has released? I assume the Analogue Nt was the first but I'm not sure.

Edited by Toth

Framemeister has a couple sync modes (auto and off)--one where it converts to 60fps, another where it doesn't touch sync from the rgb signal. I'll sometimes have to convert to 60 to get my capture device on board with whatever's going on. At pure 60 there is a jump every few seconds depending on the system. My tg-16 seems to be an especially bad offender.

I assume that's what you're asking about, because framemeister has quite a few different sync menus, but the sync mode is the one that seems to apply.

Edited by Reaperman

Then that begs the question, if at the end of the day the games is going to output 60.00hz, then what is the point of the buffered modes?

The SNES naturally would generate frames at 60.09hz.

So your three options are:

1. Run the SNES at a speed that's very slightly slower (literally slowing everything down) so it generates frames at the rate a modern 60hz TV wants them. This is the default mode. You don't have latency since it's never "delaying" any frames, but speedruns would be invalid on leaderboards since it's technically not running at stock speed (though since it's running slightly slower, if you beat a record you're actually doing quite well.) This is literally the option you should ALWAYS use unless you're a speedrunner. There is literally no reason not to.

2. Fully buffered. This means running to output 60.09 hz. That means that the frames are coming *very* slightly faster than the NT can send them on to the TV. What you get in this situation is that every frame gets delayed slightly. Over several seconds the input lag increases bit by bit until it hits 1 full frame of input lag. At that point you're so far "behind" that you've actually got *two* frames ready to go, so it throws away the oldest frame, and displays the newest one. At this point, you're bag to no input lag, and the process starts again. The dropped frame is 1 frame every several seconds (I believe 10ish) and won't really be noticeable in a lot of circumstances. This is a way to play if you're feeling particularly "purist" and want it running at an accurate speed, as in most cases the added latency is still smaller than you'll encounter with most emulation setups, though if you're doing something particularly frame-precise, you may wish to examine option #3.

3. Effectively "Full speed." This throws the frames out as soon as they're ready. There's, again, no input lag. And it's running to output at 60.09 hz. But since this isn't usable for HDMI on a 60hz screen, every time a new frame is "ready" it immediately stops drawing the old frame, and starts drawing the new frame, meaning that the top half of the frame is "old" and the bottom half "new", giving you tearing. It's the fastest way to play, but always results in visual artifacts by way of tearing. This is probably how you want to play if you're a speedrunner.

• Like 1