1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

5x displaysa total of 216 scanlines. From the 240p image (NES) this is 12 scanlines off the top and 12 off the bottom. Most NES emulators display 224 scanlines due to the fact a lot of games display junk in this area and it was never meant to be seen on CRTs. SNES displays 224 scanlines by default, the top and bottom 8 scanlines are blacked out on original hardware. So 5x mode only crops 4 additional scanlines off the top and bottom of the SNES display, matching the 10% overscan safe area. My 720p Sanyo crops about the same amount offthe picture, 10% of 240p being 24 scanlines or 216p of visible image.

Where you run into issues is that many consumer HDTVs have overscan built in by default, even if the screen is 1080p native. So your slightly zoomed in display crops an additional 108 lines of HD resolution, which translates to an additional ~21 lines of native SNES being cropped out by the TV. So you have ~195 lines of veiwable SNES resolution remaining, which exceeds the 10-15% safe area factored in for consumer grade CRT sets. If your set is already cropping thd overscan area and there is no way to disable it, then 5x will crop off even more. I would advise to set vertical scaling to 4x or 4.5x @1080p (or 3x @720p) for such displays.

Another reason why I'm a proponent of 1080p pc monitors for gaming. You'll never run into overscan problems or latency issues.

Yeah. my HDTV set has zero overscan mode. You can really see how much it crops with a game like TMNT Turtles in time. Not an issue for me since I don't care about scanlines and just use custom scaling. I use +1149 for height and its perfect.

Just tested another MultiCart I have... It has Chatting Parodius Live, Super Mario RPG, Kirby Superstar and Kirby's dreamland 3 on it.. Works great with the Super NT. Was running 4.1 firmware but not sure that matters at all..

The Parodius Trilogy is three of the most awesome "cute-em-ups" to grace the SNES platform. I would love to play an English translation of "Talking Parodius" someday. In fact I'll probably be plugging that whacky cart into the Super NT first thing when I receive it. And of course who doesn't love Kirby? My copy of Dreamland 3 is the Japanese version due to the US game being unobtainable for a reasonable price.

Feature request, if it's possible:

Can re-selecting the run cartridge option while a cartridge is already running do the equivalent of a power cycle instead of a "soft reset"? Currently I can't think of a way to get back to the SD2SNES menu to switch games other than loading Super Turrican to flush out the cartridge, and then booting the cartridge again.

Can re-selecting the run cartridge option while a cartridge is already running do the equivalent of a power cycle instead of a "soft reset"? Currently I can't think of a way to get back to the SD2SNES menu to switch games other than loading Super Turrican to flush out the cartridge, and then booting the cartridge again.

If you hold up+select for a few seconds, it reloads the sd2snes menu.

Hold up and select for like 5 seconds. It will take you right back to the SD2SNES menu.

Okay this is just dumb. So I mentioned earlier that my package was in my home town (Shreveport, LA) on Saturday morning around 3am with a scheduled delivery on Tuesday. Well it's still arriving on time (presumably by end of day today), but I just looked at the updated tracking info. Apparently, the package left the Shreveport, LA facility, made it's way to Jackson, MS before turning around and sent back to Shreveport. I'd love to know the logistics of all this. I could have had my parcel Saturday if they were smart about it.

post-33189-0-52700400-1518556783.png

Anyway I had to take a couple sick days off from work due to an unrelated but rather nasty sinus infection, but should be back in tomorrow. That will give me some time to play with my Super NT this afternoon, assuming they deliver it on time.

Well, the SNES Powerpak with Ramsis firmware did work. Was working fine on v40, but after updating to v41, just get garbled graphics upon booting. Not really sure what the deal with this thing is.

Oh boy. Seems they fixed the original Powerpak firmware, broke the aftermarket version. :dunce:

Feel free to revert the firmware to 4.0.

Have you tested the SuperFX one with the Super NT? Mine loads the menu, but will not run the games.

Mine works fine. I'm playing Star Fox on it right now.

What SD2SNES firmware are you using? Starting with v0.1.7, button combinations were added to get back to the menu. Latest firmware is v0.1.7e. https://sd2snes.de/blog/

L+R+Select+Start: Reset game

L+R+Select+X: Reset to sd2snes menu

L+R+Start+B: Disable cheats

L+R+Start+A: Enable cheats

L+R+Start+Y: Permanently disable in-game hooks (in case they interfere with game operation).

L+R+Start+X: Temporarily disable in-game hooks (~10 seconds - if you need to get past a glitch but don't want to lose in-game buttons)

Or just use Select + Up on the Super NT as other have suggested.

Edited by mrpopsicleman

Okay this is just dumb. So I mentioned earlier that my package was in my home town (Shreveport, LA) on Saturday morning around 3am with a scheduled delivery on Tuesday. Well it's still arriving on time (presumably by end of day today), but I just looked at the updated tracking info. Apparently, the package left the Shreveport, LA facility, made it's way to Jackson, MS before turning around and sent back to Shreveport. I'd love to know the logistics of all this. I could have had my parcel Saturday if they were smart about it.

attachicon.gifups is nuts.png

Anyway I had to take a couple sick days off from work due to an unrelated but rather nasty sinus infection, but should be back tomorrow. Anyway that will give me some time to play with my Super NT this afternoon, assuming they deliver it on time.

At one point I had a computer overnighted by FedEx. It went from the source airport to the destination airport, back to the source airport, and then back to the destination airport again. Got delivered a day late because of the extra round trip. Best answer I could get from them was that it along the with the other packages on the pallet got reloaded with the outbound pallets and flown the other way. And then put back on track when the receiving crew noticed the mistake.

Bizarre mistakes do happen, and it looks a bit like the truck arrived in Shreveport on its way to Jackson, but didn't actually drop the package off there (the missing Destination Scan).

-----

So far the Super NT has been pretty good for me. I saw a one-off sprite glitch in Turtles in Time at one point, but I don't know if it is the game or not. The OSSC+SNES doesn't play well with my current TV, and TMNT IV was a rather new pickup.

Edited by Kaide
  • Like 1

Anyway I had to take a couple sick days off from work due to an unrelated but rather nasty sinus infection, but should be back in tomorrow. That will give me some time to play with my Super NT this afternoon, assuming they deliver it on time.

Mine went from Vegas to Chicagoland without any scans in between and I still didn't receive mine until late this morning.

At one point I had a computer overnighted by FedEx. It went from the source airport to the destination airport, back to the source airport, and then back to the destination airport again. Got delivered a day late because of the extra round trip. Best answer I could get from them was that it along the with the other packages on the pallet got reloaded with the outbound pallets and flown the other way. And then put back on track when the receiving crew noticed the mistake.

Bizarre mistakes do happen, and it looks a bit like the truck arrived in Shreveport on its way to Jackson, but didn't actually drop the package off there (the missing Destination Scan).

-----

So far the Super NT has been pretty good for me. I saw a one-off sprite glitch in Turtles in Time at one point, but I don't know if it is the game or not. The OSSC+SNES doesn't play well with my current TV, and TMNT IV was a rather new pickup.

Oh believe me, I know about f***ups. UPS Shreveport once placed a parcel of mine on the wrong delivery truck three days in a row, and each time it was "out for delivery" before returning to the warehouse. I eventually got it but I was a bit steamed for their incompetence. This situation seems a bit different though. It's almost as if the planned delivery date of Tuesday the 13th included the round trip to Jackson, MS and back.

Huh, mine is a custom job with the US roms in a PAL cartridge. I originally bought it for use with a 60Hz modded PAL SNES. It works fine in that, so Im not sure whats up with it.

Just curious, how do you avoid the "this game is not designed for your region" error when playing PAL games at 60hz?

Just curious, how do you avoid the "this game is not designed for your region" error when playing PAL games at 60hz?

I don’t - the only carts I use in the SNES are my SD2SNES, my Super Game Boy 2 & the Super FX Multicart. I play the patched PAL exclusives through the SD2SNES. If I ever do want to run a PAL cart though, I can hold the reset button to switch between 50/60Hz.

Well, I should get my parcel today, instead it's still being rescanned in the warehouse, last time of one scan from today was even changed from 4:53AM to 7:37PM.

I am also a bit worried about that "Export documentation is incomplete or missing. We are working to obtain this information." I wrote about that and waiting for a responses from UPS and Analogue.

ups1fuuqf.pngups24ruc3.png

Edited by iGom

Well, I should get my parcel today, instead it's still being rescanned in the warehouse, last time of one scan from today was even changed from 4:53AM to 7:37PM.

I am also a bit worried about that "Export documentation is incomplete or missing. We are working to obtain this information." I wrote about that and waiting for a response from UPS and Analogue.

ups1fuuqf.pngups24ruc3.png

Boy that Lord Donnington guy must have gone way overboard when he built his castle if your package got stuck in there for 3 days.

• Like 2

Well, I should get my parcel today, instead it's still being rescanned in the warehouse, last time of one scan from today was even changed from 4:53AM to 7:37PM.I am also a bit worried about that "Export documentation is incomplete or missing. We are working to obtain this information." I wrote about that and waiting for a responses from UPS and Analogue.ups1fuuqf.pngups24ruc3.png

Well that sucks. Mine still shows "out for delivery." The wait game is excruciating. Crosses fingers they didn't screw it up and put it on the wrong truck.

Edit: I'm home sick, still no Super NT, and it's raining outside... :P

Well that sucks. Mine still shows "out for delivery." The wait game is excruciating. Crosses fingers they didn't screw it up and put it on the wrong truck.

Edit: I'm home sick, still no Super NT, and it's raining outside... :P

Mine came at the tail end of the delivery window they gave me. I hear you on the wait. I've been chomping at the bit to try to make progress in Breath of Fire, while lamenting the incompatibility between the OSSC, my SNES and my receiver/TV.

Oh believe me, I know about f***ups. UPS Shreveport once placed a parcel of mine on the wrong delivery truck three days in a row, and each time it was "out for delivery" before returning to the warehouse. I eventually got it but I was a bit steamed for their incompetence. This situation seems a bit different though. It's almost as if the planned delivery date of Tuesday the 13th included the round trip to Jackson, MS and back.

I've seen packages show up a day early at the destination, and then sit for a day. At least with UPS its been something that's stuck in my mind as something odd I've been seeing from time to time. I think you just got lucky that the "extra" day was there, so it wasn't outright delayed.

I also own a BENQ gaming monitor which handles all modes on the OSSC and everything I've ever thrown at it. It is advertised to have 1ms or nearly no input lag for an LCD and is a 1080p set.

That 1ms they are advertising isn't actually for input lag, even if they use that term in the same sentence. That's kind of misleading. They're talking about a 1ms GTG pixel response time. So basically no ghosting, or smearing of moving images. From what I've seen of actual input lag tests on gaming monitors, they typically run from 8 - 10ms. Still, you won't notice that.

Easy way to think of the difference is 10ms after you push a button, the monitor is done processing that reaction and tosses it up on screen, where a pixel will then respond with 1ms GTG.

I don't know of any manufacturer who lists Leo Bodnar style input lag test results. Actual input lag numbers come from outside testing.

Edited by keepdreamin

Just hold the reset button for like 3 seconds, that returns to the SD2SNES menu