1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It's definitely very nice to see a Jailbreak show up.

Though since I just bought an SD2SNES in December, I'll stick with that.

If we ever see DSP, FX, SA-1, CX4, MSU-1 support, I will gladly remove the SD2SNES cart from the slot for good. :)

Yeah, Im in a similar boat. Had mine longer, and itd be nice to not need the cart for translation patches, but itd be rough losing the titles the flash carts support that this jailbreak doesnt. And the height/width bug seems nasty. Id need to play with that a bit.

Just wanted to give extra thanks to Kevtris for using the 256 * 8/7 formula on the SNES horizontal aspect correction labeling in the Super Nt. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten into arguments with people that think you simply push the active graphics out to a 4:3 ratio and be done with it. Typically when you tell them about that formula, they latch onto the 8/7 part and think you're talking about 8:7 pixel AR, and it just goes downhill trying to explain the difference.

Except to hit the target aspect ratio, there is no fundamental difference to pixel AR when talking about this adjustment. That might be why it goes downhill, if you are working from a different definition of the term from others. No, the SNES doesnt use square pixels, and yes it can maybe be a bit weird that the buffers height/width in pixels is a 8:7 ratio (256/224), while the pixel aspect is also 8:7. But the end result of the final image with a 8:7 PAR is a 64/49 ratio, or 1.306(...) which is what the SNES uses.

Figures there would be a jailbreak released today since my SD2SNES arrived yesterday. I told you guys my bad luck would help everyone here!

It might work out! I don't care so much about the extra cores in the JB, but I will care about special chips. More than happy to fork out for the SD2SNES for these, but I don't want to do it unnecessarily, which is why I'd just like some more information. :grin:

Edit: spelling

Edited by SubElement

This really doesn't appear to be from Kevtris. I don't think he would put it under Smokemonster's GitHub page.

Also, like everybody else I'm a little frustrated from the lack of comments from Analogue/Kevtris. If the answer is no to additional cores then that's fine but being ignored and giving absolutely no answer is not consumer friendly.

It was never advertised, it was never promised, it was never even discussed. You assumed it was coming (as did/do I) but that doesnt not mean that Kevtris nor Analogue owe you anything including an answer. Its clearly a gray legal area and its in their best interest to give no official stance. Why does everybody feel so entitled over this?

Edit: I should say so many instead of everybody. Clearly we arent all acting entitled.

Edited by Loukey
  • Like 1

Hmm... Someone asked this very interesting question, so I will post it here as well: "Could games from SD be tricked into using the expansion chip of an inserted cartridge?"

My understanding is that for most games, all but the DSP-1 ones I think, the game is actually behind the expansion chip in a way that prevents something like this. The context I read it about was a passthrough adapter, but I imagine the circumstances would be the same here.

My understanding is that for most games, all but the DSP-1 ones I think, the game is actually behind the expansion chip in a way that prevents something like this. The context I read it about was a passthrough adapter, but I imagine the circumstances would be the same here.

I think MLiG tested Megaman X3 using Super UFO Pro 8 (used an original japanese cart with the english version from sd card). They commented something in the streming with Kevtris.

My Super NT has finally arrived, but it's not working properly :(

I've tried three different games but none worked (all three were Super Famicom carts, worked flawlessy with original console) and also is a lot hard to pull them off from the console, with the first one I've almost thought it was stuck inside.

The console is working, I've already updated it and it plays the Super Turrican games perfectly, but I can't use my carts.

Anyone with similar issue?

I've already wrote to the Analogue customer service, they reply me twice to clean my carts...

p.s. Sorry if this is my first post here.

I think MLiG tested Megaman X3 using Super UFO Pro 8 (used an original japanese cart with the english version from sd card). They commented something in the streming with Kevtris.

They said it only works with the same game from different regions. So for example you could load the US Megaman X3 with the Japanese Megaman X3 cart plugged into the Super UFO. Different game using the same chip do not work.

Well, the SNES Powerpak with Ramsis firmware did work. Was working fine on v40, but after updating to v41, just get garbled graphics upon booting. Not really sure what the deal with this thing is.

I tried to use the Super NT to flash Ramsis firmware to my PowerPak and it won't allow it. Hopefully a fix will eventually be in the works. The jailbreak is bringing on a "happy dance" though!

Edited by Prodigal Gun

I've tried three different games but none worked (all three were Super Famicom carts, worked flawlessy with original console) and also is a lot hard to pull them off from the console, with the first one I've almost thought it was stuck inside.
The console is working, I've already updated it and it plays the Super Turrican games perfectly, but I can't use my carts.
I've already wrote to the Analogue customer service, they reply me twice to clean my carts...

Make sure you give them an extra good cleaning. Also, what games are they? Are they official ore repros?

Please feel free to submit issues or bugs that you find via Github if you come across things.

Sadly, I have no way to know if my issue is with your firmware or the original, since I don't have an flash cart yet. :( It "feels" like an issue that'd be in stock too.

What about a minor feature request/addendum? The firmware doesn't see save files with extension .srm, only .sav, it seems.

Make sure you give them an extra good cleaning. Also, what games are they? Are they official ore repros?

They are all official: Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island and Rockman 7.

I'll try to clean them, but hower I think there's something wrong with the pin of the cartridge slot, this could also explain why they are so hard to pull off...

Figures there would be a jailbreak released today since my SD2SNES arrived yesterday. I told you guys my bad luck would help everyone here!

JUST IN CASE... the jailbreak was not written by Kevtris, I would feel more comfortable with the SD2SNES since it won't brick your system and void the warranty. Analogue specifically said that Kevtris's firmware would not void the warranty. "Unbrickable" or not, someone will always find a way to break something.

• Like 1

I don't really know what happens when you do this or if the system would tell you but do you need to change the region to PAL for those games before you play them? I haven't needed to clean anything in my system. They've all just worked inlcuding sn SD2SNES and Super Gameboy 2. All my games were pretty clean. I doubt every single one of your games is that dirty thoug that they just wouldn't work at all without graphical glitches.

Edited by Toth

Anyone tried the English translation of Front Mission Gun Hazard? A lot of dialogue boxes simply aren't showing text on the Super NT. Don't have a way to test on original hardware at the moment, but it works fine on Higan for me.

Had the same issue with gun hazard, text was either not showing or wrongly placed in the dialogue box.

Tried messing with resolutions and screen size but nothing helped.

Text size seems to be misaligned or something.

Seems like SRAM saving with ROM loading isn't working correctly. Sometimes it'll save and show up on a subsequent load. Other times, the save will be gone. In games that try to read the SRAM and produce an error sound (like the Dragon Quest games or Glory of Heracles 3), they do so. And yes, this is with making sure to open the file menu every time. I've also tried doing a soft reset before loading a new game, but it doesn't help.

Anyone tried the English translation of Front Mission Gun Hazard? A lot of dialogue boxes simply aren't showing text on the Super NT. Don't have a way to test on original hardware at the moment, but it works fine on Higan for me.

This happens with the Japanese version, as well.