1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

JUST IN CASE... the jailbreak was not written by Kevtris, I would feel more comfortable with the SD2SNES since it won't brick your system and void the warranty. Analogue specifically said that Kevtris's firmware would not void the warranty. "Unbrickable" or not, someone will always find a way to break something.

This isn't generic advice. I wrote it, and this is how it works. You cannot flash a "bad" firmware, there are multiple checks for proper firmware, and even if somehow you managed it, it will gracefully recover when you try again. If you turn it off mid-update it will detect this on the next power up and flash the LED waiting for you to put an SD card with firmware on it in the slot. It's "unbrickable" via the update mechanism.

I'm pretty sure you can also go back to any previous firmware. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by simbin

So do games like Pilotwings or Super Mario Kart work off the bat? I know in the SD2SNES you had to put on some .BIN files on your SD card or they wouldn't work.

Man.. still waiting for my Super NT while everyone has all the fun. :) Looks like it'll finally arrive tonight after truckers made the drive from NV -> NC over the course of 7 days.. Maybe there were too many glory hole stops along the way.

post-31-0-46421600-1518628008_thumb.jpg

Source?

was during conversation.. nothing i can link to online. Again though, who knows how things evolve. :)

I'm still open-minded about it. Things that are "unbrickable", unbreakable, uncrashable... someone always finds a way to do it and even on accident. An expensive item like the NT, I would be much more comfortable with a jailbreak from the person who wrote the original firmware.

I did "hack" my SNES mini because I had no real choice as there wasn't going to be any "official" hack coming.

Edited by Mattelot

So, apparently I'm really bad at things, but I can't figure out how to get my games to save to the SD card. The documentation on the jailbreak page says this:

"When the game is exited back to the menu, it will write the save game automatically to the SD card. So to save your progress, be sure to return to the file menu before turning the system off if you wish to save your progress."

I think I'm doing what it says, but maybe I'm not understanding it correctly. Can someone help me out?

So, apparently I'm really bad at things, but I can't figure out how to get my games to save to the SD card. The documentation on the jailbreak page says this:

"When the game is exited back to the menu, it will write the save game automatically to the SD card. So to save your progress, be sure to return to the file menu before turning the system off if you wish to save your progress."

I think I'm doing what it says, but maybe I'm not understanding it correctly. Can someone help me out?

It's not working correctly. I created an issue on the Github about it, although I don't know if that's the correct way to communicate these things.

https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Super-NT-Jailbreak/issues/2

• Like 1

You did do the in game save right? This system will not save the state whenever you exit the game but rather it will record the save you make using the official in game save system. I am at work or I would try it to test.

Edited by Toth

So far I've tried Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Crono Trigger, and ALTTP. I managed to get Super Mario World to stick once. That's it though.

What speed is your SD card? And what speed do you have it set to in the Super NT settings? And how long do you spend in the menu before selecting a new ROM? (I'm mostly asking these questions because they might help someone tracking down the bug).

You did do the in game save right? This system will not save the state whenever you exit the game but rather it will record the save you make using the official in game save system. I am at work or I would try it to test.

Yes I'm using the save game system built into the games themselves.

What speed is your SD card? And what speed do you have it set to in the Super NT settings? And how long do you spend in the menu before selecting a new ROM? (I'm mostly asking these questions because they might help someone tracking down the bug).

It's a 32GB SanDisk Ultra Plus - 80 MB/s (Class 10). I just found the Super Nt setting for SD card speed. It's defaulted to "faster."

I've to admit, I was skeptical we'd see a Jailbreak.. at least this soon, but Wolf_ called it icon_smile.gif

I can't wait for somebody to dump Super Turrican DX, so we can enjoy it on all our SNES hardware.

Thanks for JB and happy V day!

IIRC, Wolf_ was more referring to the porting of all the Nt Mini 8-bit systems. He was also confident it would come from Kevtris. So no, I wouldn't say he called it.

JUST IN CASE... the jailbreak was not written by Kevtris, I would feel more comfortable with the SD2SNES since it won't brick your system and void the warranty. Analogue specifically said that Kevtris's firmware would not void the warranty. "Unbrickable" or not, someone will always find a way to break something.

I don't recall an exemption specific to Kevtris firmware. I remember them saying something like "We won't prevent people from running custom software, and it won't void your warranty because the hardware is unbrickable". If you have a quote that mentions Kevtris firmware please link to it.

That said, I would still like to hear confirmation about this from Analogue again.

So far I've tried Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Crono Trigger, and ALTTP. I managed to get Super Mario World to stick once. That's it though.

Okay, tried switching between Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid and yeah, the saves were lost. But it didn't overwrite a 'good' save from before, so it appears (in my case) to not be writing at all when it fails.

I don't recall an exemption specific to Kevtris firmware. I remember them saying something like "We won't prevent people from running custom software, and it won't void your warranty because the hardware is unbrickable". If you have a quote that mentions Kevtris firmware please link to it.

That said, I would still like to hear confirmation about this from Analogue again.

I referred to his because that's the only jailbreak firmware for the NT mini that I'm aware of. It's also the only one I would ever use since he wrote it along with the original.

Well, I should get my parcel today, instead it's still being rescanned in the warehouse, last time of one scan from today was even changed from 4:53AM to 7:37PM.

I am also a bit worried about that "Export documentation is incomplete or missing. We are working to obtain this information." I wrote about that and waiting for a responses from UPS and Analogue.

ups1fuuqf.pngups24ruc3.png

Hey guys, I hope you enjoy your new Analogue's toy, mine is still in the warehouse, I'm really upset now.

Analogue wrote to me, I need to contact UPS to see if I have customs fees to pay, shouldn't UPS notify me about that in shipment progress? Other companies have always done so, what a shame..., the problem is that the UPS doesn't respond to any of my questions...

3aH08l6.png

Feel sorry for you - UPS are horrible to deal with :/

I got downgraded to UPS even though I paid for the 2 day DHL (got the £1.21 difference back woohoo)... I couldn't register on the UPS website as I wasn't the named recipient wtf??

Called UPS to arrange delivery to nearby drop off center - refused as this 'wasn't allowed' arrgghh

Analogue have been fine - got the difference refunded, quick comms and $10 value declared (big thanks) but UPS are shit!

Hey guys, I hope you enjoy your new Analogue's toy, mine is still in the warehouse, I'm really upset now.
Analogue wrote to me, I need to contact UPS to see if I have customs fees to pay, shouldn't UPS notify me about that in shipment progress? Other companies have always done so, what a shame..., the problem is that the UPS doesn't respond to any of my questions...
3aH08l6.png

Anyone using the jailbreak:

Do roms load at SD2NES speed or Super Everdrive speed?

It loads at about the same speed as loading Super Turrican from the menu.

Think I'm gonna hold off on installing any jailbreak firmware until I see something done that the SD2SNES can't already do. I'm more interested in the official updates for now.

Particularly given the issues saving, there's limited utility in the jailbreak right now anyway. If I had an SD2SNES I'd certainly favor using it. But it's a good start, and a hopeful sign.