2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Feel sorry for you - UPS are horrible to deal with :/

I got downgraded to UPS even though I paid for the 2 day DHL (got the £1.21 difference back woohoo)... I couldn't register on the UPS website as I wasn't the named recipient wtf??

Called UPS to arrange delivery to nearby drop off center - refused as this 'wasn't allowed' arrgghh

Analogue have been fine - got the difference refunded, quick comms and $10 value declared (big thanks) but UPS are shit!

well, now If I click on help button on my shipment progress page, I get it

mb4gT7w.png

very helpful.

• Like 1

Does the Jailbreak support any of the enhancement SNES chips (SA1/SuperFX etc)? And what about MSU1 support?

Not sure about msu1 but it didn't work for me when I selected games that use enhancement chips it told me they were not supported.

I picked a good day to work from home! Way faster than the Super Everdrive. Had a fun lunch break. Thank you guys for sharing the Jailbreak.

My apologies if it's been mentioned and I missed it, but is anyone having any luck using the SNES PowerPak with this? I got mine in today and real carts seem to be working fine but I'm not able to load anything from the PowerPak. Works fine on the real SNES :(

SNES PowerPak

Boot Rom v1.02

Card ROM v1.05

Error is --

No Internal Header Found

Trying Again with fixed header

MAP00 TYP00 ROMC0 SRM00 RST0030

No $FFC0 Header

MAP00 TYPF0 ROM00 SRMF0 RST00C8

No $7FC0 Header

No Internal Header Found

Check the compatibility list

Hey guys, I hope you enjoy your new Analogue's toy, mine is still in the warehouse, I'm really upset now.

Analogue wrote to me, I need to contact UPS to see if I have customs fees to pay, shouldn't UPS notify me about that in shipment progress? Other companies have always done so, what a shame..., the problem is that the UPS doesn't respond to any of my questions...

3aH08l6.png

Not sure if it helps or not but mine came through Donnington without problems, not been asked to pay duty.

Still can't play it though, have visitors over the next couple of days so still be the weekend before I can try it :-( . Opened the box though, looks nice though has a few minor scratches on the cart flaps in the centre, I am a very fussy customer, if it were a shop down the road i'd have taken it back.

For those curious about the JB Firmware that maybe don't want to install it for some reason, this is everything that I can think of that is important about it:

- Installs the same as the regular firmware, I was able to revert to the "official firmware" just like with the NT Mini.

- Seems to be based on the latest firmware (4.1) as Starfox 2 loads without the controller error

- Adds "Browse SD Card" to the main menu

- SD Card Browser has *Run Cartridge* shortcut at the top.

- No special chip games supported, gives "Expansions Not Supported!" instead of just loading to a blank screen when you try. (Nice UX feature :thumbsup: )

- MSU1 Games not supported either, will still run if compatible but without MSU1 expansion features, Super Road Blaster gives "Msu1 hardware not found." error.

- Menu navigation works pretty much how you would expect, Up&Down to select, Right&Left to browse by page, Select returns to game, Start gives quick access to settings menu.

- No real time saving, return to the menu with your menu shortcut to write the save to one of the save folders.

- Currently does not hide unsupported files, such as hidden system files.

- Adds "SD Card Speed" to Settings>System>Menu Options, no other options seem to be modified.

- Super Turrican 2 loading times (SanDisk Class 4 32GB SDHC Card)

Default Menu - 3 Seconds

SD Card Normal Speed - 6 Seconds

SD Card Fast - 5 Seconds

SD Card Faster (Default Setting) - 4 Seconds

SD2SNES - 1 Second

- Incredibly "lazy bastard proof", I just swapped in the SD card from my SD2SNES and everything just worked.

Edited by NoKnownOrigin

So, I just tested Secret of Mana, and the jailbreak didn't save my file. What's up there? is save feature just broken, or is there something that we need to do for it to work? I guess as long as the jailbreak is just SNES ROM loading I'll just keep using the SD2SNES...

Did you try 1. Saving within the game and then 2. Exiting to the Super Nt menu?

If so, its a bug that others found too. Im sure it will be fixed soon..

Edited by cacophony

Did you try 1. Saving within the game and then 2. Exiting to the Super Nt menu?

If so, its a bug that others found too. Im sure it will be fixed soon..

Because of the potential for some games to "use sram as work ram" it's likely it works the way it does because constantly writing to the SD-card would not be fast, and would wear sdcards out that don't have half their space free quickly (eg you's need to use a 16GB or larger card.)

So you likely have to bring the menu up and tell it to switch games to write the SRAM or something. Right now, I'm not willing to test it because the source is unknown.

Because of the potential for some games to "use sram as work ram" it's likely it works the way it does because constantly writing to the SD-card would not be fast, and would wear sdcards out that don't have half their space free quickly (eg you's need to use a 16GB or larger card.)

So you likely have to bring the menu up and tell it to switch games to write the SRAM or something. Right now, I'm not willing to test it because the source is unknown.

According to its documentation, simply loading the file browser menu is supposed to trigger

saving SRAM to the SD card, but there appears to be a bug in this right now and it's fairly unreliable.

Where do I find the most recent Nt Mini jailbreak firmware? Google just leads me to page 40-something in this thread. I guess I could read all 292 pages. Just hoping someone feels generous today. Thanks :)

It hasn't updated in almost a year. There's nothing new, and hasn't been for a while.
Edited by DarkkOne

Can you explain what you mean when you say you swapped your SD Card?

For my NT Mini, I just keep the SD card that has the updated jailbreak and roms on it in the NT.

Did you load the jailbreak firmware to Super NT from an SD card and then remove the SD card and swap with SD2SNES card? It kept the jailbreak loaded on the Super Nt?

(Sorry. This is the even more idiot proof explanation needed)

For those curious about the JB Firmware that maybe don't want to install it for some reason, this is everything that I can think of that is important about it:

- Installs the same as the regular firmware, I was able to revert to the "official firmware" just like with the NT Mini.

- Seems to be based on the latest firmware (4.1) as Starfox 2 loads without the controller error

- Adds "Browse SD Card" to the main menu

- SD Card Browser has *Run Cartridge* shortcut at the top.

- No special chip games supported, gives "Expansions Not Supported!" instead of just loading to a blank screen when you try. (Nice UX feature :thumbsup: )

- MSU1 Games not supported either, will still run if compatible but without MSU1 expansion features, Super Road Blaster gives "Msu1 hardware not found." error.

- Menu navigation works pretty much how you would expect, Up&Down to select, Right&Left to browse by page, Select returns to game, Start gives quick access to settings menu.

- No real time saving, return to the menu with your menu shortcut to write the save to one of the save folders.

- Currently does not hide unsupported files, such as hidden system files.

- Adds "SD Card Speed" to Settings>System>Menu Options, no other options seem to be modified.

- Super Turrican 2 loading times (SanDisk Class 4 32GB SDHC Card)

Default Menu - 3 Seconds

SD Card Normal Speed - 6 Seconds

SD Card Fast - 5 Seconds

SD Card Faster (Default Setting) - 4 Seconds

SD2SNES - 1 Second

- Incredibly "lazy bastard proof", I just swapped in the SD card from my SD2SNES and everything just worked.

I just updated to the official firmware 4.1 and started up Super Turrican Directors Cut and immediately noticed lots of graphical glitches that weren't happening with the factory firmware. Invisible enemies and explosions not appearing. Anyone else seeing this?

Edit: appears to be working fine right now. Maybe I encountered a small bug in the games code

Edited by scott64

Can you explain what you mean when you say you swapped your SD Card?

For my NT Mini, I just keep the SD card that has the updated jailbreak and roms on it in the NT.

Did you load the jailbreak firmware to Super NT from an SD card and then remove the SD card and swap with SD2SNES card? It kept the jailbreak loaded on the Super Nt?

(Sorry. This is the even more idiot proof explanation needed)

The jailbreak is actually "installed" from the SD card. Technically, if you weren't loading ROMs, you wouldn't need the SD card anymore after the update. So yeah, the jailbreak stays loaded even if you put in a different card, as long as that card doesn't have its own firmware on it (such as a non-jailbreak update) to install instead.

The save I tested in SM All Stars worked.

Did you create the proper save folders?

Not sure wether I created the right folder. Does it not create the folder if it's not already present? MAybe that was my problem. But I did place the folders like they were on the SD2SNES.

So saves should be working?

Edit: just as a side note, I did go back to 4.1 no problem and everything seems to be working perfectly. Just as expected.

Edited by leods