1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Sorry in advance if a bunch of people have already brought up this issue. Ninja Warriors is now glitching. It ran fine in previous firmware.

Most games I've tried (about 12-15 carts or so) have been a bit glitchy and problematic so far. I assume it's "normal" for us early adopters and will get patched up soon. Those problems + the fact that it doesn't work at all with my PowerPak is pretty disappointing. Not angry, just disappointed. I was hoping for that same level of wow and amazement that I got when I first got to play with my AVS but so far it's been a whole lot of "meh"

Most games I've tried (about 12-15 carts or so) have been a bit glitchy and problematic so far. I assume it's "normal" for us early adopters and will get patched up soon. Those problems + the fact that it doesn't work at all with my PowerPak is pretty disappointing. Not angry, just disappointed. I was hoping for that same level of wow and amazement that I got when I first got to play with my AVS but so far it's been a whole lot of "meh"

Majority of games I ran worked just fine, just some oddball game here and there glitches. I am using an SD2SNES though.

Its still early days and Kevtris has already fixed a decent amount of bugs. I'm sure he will iron out the few remaining bugs eventually.

Edited by SegaSnatcher

I haven't had any bugs or glitches with real cartridges other than DKC3 telling me it can't run with devices used to copy games, and that was resolved by cleaning the cartridge extra well.

When they say "99% of problems are caused by dirty cartridges" it's probably quite true. If I understand correctly, the Super NT provides a slightly lower amount of power to the cartridge, and I imagine that makes clean contacts even more important. Especially if you're having lots of graphical glitches in different games, it probably represents a collection that hasn't been cleaned in a while. Especially if they're like... obvious ones that would've been spotted in basic testing.

It is going to be difficult for Kevtris to fix anything with zero specifics. But honestly if you are experiencing issues with that high of a percentage of your carts I would suspect a hardware issue specific to your setup (either a faulty Super Nt, or dirty carts)

Edited by cacophony

It's not really a big deal but am I the only one who'd like to get rid of those two preinstalled games? Perhaps it's because I don't like the Turrican franchise in particular but having games preinstalled, it feels like one of those smartphones with loads of bloatware that you can't remove...

It's not really a big deal but am I the only one who'd like to get rid of those two preinstalled games? Perhaps it's because I don't like the Turrican franchise in particular but having games preinstalled, it feels like one of those smartphones with loads of bloatware that you can't remove...

I don't necessarily want to "get rid" of them, but I wouldn't mind a setting in the menu configuration that lets me hide/unhide them.

Sorry in advance if a bunch of people have already brought up this issue. Ninja Warriors is now glitching. It ran fine in previous firmware.

the "fix" I did for mecarobot golf broke it a bit. I have figured out the issue though so the next fw should fix it. They attempt to turn hdma's off right at the point they start (similar to golf).

• Like 3

As long as people don't have solid evidence, it will always be up for debate by someone, especially since the author of previous jailbreak in the Nt Mini was clearly known.

Personally my angle is, I can trust the person who hosted the JB, I can trust that the custom firmware itself is reliable. If people are having reservations, they should simply wait for more updates to it.

you and i both know who the author is. it doesnt take a genius to figure out why he cannot discuss it. its not a hack, it was planned. our anonymous author happens to be under an nda contract and working for company who cannot condone or support unofficial firmware due to legal issues. therefore the author cannot himself discuss it. smokemonster acted as a third party to disclose its existence, basically the wikileaks of analogue. but if you believe someone other than kevtris is responsible, you are deluding yourself.

you and i both know who the author is. it doesnt take a genius to figure out why he cannot discuss it. its not a hack, it was planned. our anonymous author happens to be under an nda contract and working for company who cannot condone or support unofficial firmware due to legal issues. therefore the author cannot himself discuss it. smokemonster acted as a third party to disclose its existence, basically the wikileaks of analogue. but if you believe someone other than kevtris is responsible, you are deluding yourself.

As someone who's been involved with third-party firmware for a variety of gadgets (primarily MP3 players) there's really no reason he has to be involved or is certainly involved. It's certainly *likely*, but it's nowhere near as certain as you seem to think. Time may provide more evidence, but there's really no reason to say someone must be 'deluding' themselves. Depending on what kind of validation the hardware does, etc, and whether or not this is really just a hidden existing feature someone discovered, this may just be a relatively trivial edit to an existing thing.

@Kevtris Not sure I've seen this answered, but I was wondering if the Nt Mini has enough juice for the horizontal and vertical interpolation to be added to it. They're really my favorite new "feature" on the Super NT.

So true, I was messing around with the 240p test suite via my SD2SNES and the scrolling test really shows off how well interpolation works both vertically and horizontally when using non-integer scales. And best part is the image is still really crisp and sharp. Makes me even more excited for a potential Mega NT and how amazing it will look on my HDTV.

Edited by SegaSnatcher

Well to whoever did the jailbreak I just want to say thanks. Assuming the save issue (and perhaps honoring of settings bug) get worked out, Ill be able to stop depending on the Super Everdrive.

Also, I wish there was some way to buy Kevtris his drink/snack of choice to show appreciation for all his work.

• Like 1

It is going to be difficult for Kevtris to fix anything with zero specifics.

I agree. Don't know Kevtris, but hopefully Analogue has some quality people on the payroll to test and provide those specifics so end users can enjoy a "working as advertised" product.

Carts are as clean as I'm going to be able to get them and work 100% fine on both of my real SNES consoles, and even a crappy Hyperkin system. May be a faulty system, as you mentioned. It'll be a few days before I'll have another chance to play around with it again, sadly.

@Kevtris Not sure I've seen this answered, but I was wondering if the Nt Mini has enough juice for the horizontal and vertical interpolation to be added to it. They're really my favorite new "feature" on the Super NT.

unfortunately I can't. the ntm's FPGA is out of multipliers and blockrams for it.

• Like 3

I have a question for Kevtris. Do you want us reporting bugs found in unlicensed games and repro carts or are those not really a priority? Or is the end goal to handle any and all software exactly how an original SNES would?

sure, though honestly they aren't as high of a priority as original releases. I do want to get it to 100% if at all possible.

• Like 2