• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

PolyGame Master

Sorry I put pgn I ment PGM i fixed it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PolyGame_Master

Doesn't have alot of games but there all gems. Only cause the cartridge looks simalar never actually compared it to a neogeo in person to know for sure. The cartrage from the pictures look the same but the cart would never fit in cause of the grooves and I think the pins are layed out differently electronically.

It has DoDonPachi and demon front :)

Whoops! Sorry about that!

Wow that looks really cool too! I never knew about that particular arcade system!

TG16? Yes. Neo-Geo? Not "cheap" by normal definition, but considerably cheaper than it is now.

I just looked them up (not done in years). The TG16 isn't too bad. I'd pay what people are asking though it's not one of the higher retro consoles on my list so some day. The Neo Geo... I don't know how I'm going to explain that to my wife. Her facial reaction when I told her the price of my One X was enough.

I just looked them up (not done in years). The TG16 isn't too bad. I'd pay what people are asking though it's not one of the higher retro consoles on my list so some day. The Neo Geo... I don't know how I'm going to explain that to my wife. Her facial reaction when I told her the price of my One X was enough.

TG16? Yes. Neo-Geo? Not "cheap" by normal definition, but considerably cheaper than it is now.

TG-16 was meant to compete directly with Sega and later SNES, but failed to penetrate the market. Like other nich consoles that failed, the system and games were heavily discounted by retailers in thd mid to late 90s. Due to it's low sales and excellent library, it is more popular today than it ever was bitd, hence thd secondhand price increase. Neo Geo was billed as an arcade experience for the home, a console for rich kids, and remained expensive. In fact most carts sold more units in the arcade than homes, making the home units highly sought after and the games fetching in some cases thousands of dollars.

Thanks, yeah I knew that. I just didn't know how much they've inflated in the past few years. When I looked them up at the time I started collecting, they were not bad at all but I still had the consoles I wanted first. After seeing the price now of some of the more prestigious Neo Geo games, I may have to decline. I make a good living but even I have my limits. I still feel slightly guilty for the price I paid for a mint condition Panzer Dragoon.

Her’s is the same reaction I’d have to hearing a woman consider paying $600 for a Michael Kors purse. I don’t understand it (at least retro games consoles have lasting appeal) but perhaps the comparison could help her relate. Considering a TG-CD collection? Show her a $10K Louis Vuitton. Want to start a Neo-Geo AES collection? $50K Hermès bag. If she’s into them you might have to pony up to justify your own purchases. ;)
  • Like 1

Her’s is the same reaction I’d have to hearing a woman consider paying $600 for a Michael Kors purse. I don’t understand it (at least retro games consoles have lasting appeal) but perhaps the comparison could help her relate. Considering a TG-CD collection? Show her a $10K Louis Vuitton. Want to start a Neo-Geo AES collection? $50K Hermès bag. If she’s into them you might have to pony up to justify your own purchases. ;)

Oh man, I'm not even kidding you... my wife is into all that stuff. She literally owns thousands of dollars in makeup, coach purses a Michael Kors purse and is actually eye-balling a Louis Vuitton purse. Granted, the purse was more like $2000 but still...

I think it's the individual cost of items that make her cringe however, she's never told me no.

PolyGame Master

Sorry I put pgn I ment PGM i fixed it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PolyGame_Master

Doesn't have alot of games but there all gems. Only cause the cartridge looks simalar never actually compared it to a neogeo in person to know for sure. The cartrage from the pictures look the same but the cart would never fit in cause of the grooves and I think the pins are layed out differently electronically.

It has DoDonPachi and demon front :)

Err yeah, it has that, more importently, it has Ketsui, Espgaluda1, and DDP Daiô-jô. I'd pay 189$ again to play that, no problem, lemme get my wallet ^^

On a side note about NGPC, I'd love a portable FPGA with that and a good stick like the original system...a good backlit screen and jb for gameboy, linx and game gear support. day effin' one for me.

Oh man, I'm not even kidding you... my wife is into all that stuff. She literally owns thousands of dollars in makeup, coach purses a Michael Kors purse and is actually eye-balling a Louis Vuitton purse. Granted, the purse was more like $2000 but still...

I think it's the individual cost of items that make her cringe however, she's never told me no.

Yeah, I was estimating based on the $5K my employer charges for used “vintage” Louis Vuitton bags since I wouldn’t know what a new one costs. I know what a certain new Hermès bag costs only because we have a used one that is $35,000 used on Amazon!

Even knowing what little I know about these things makes me think about Fight Club’s “Duvet” scene:

https://youtu.be/CWRTqMGvdpc

https://youtu.be/v15d4sIGolw

;)

It would really help if everybody on this forum was playing through as many SNES games as possible on their Super NT to try to find bugs and issues that would lead to improvements in the Super NT firmware.

There are plenty of people reporting bugs. Kevtris has been hard at work fixing as many as he can. Next firmware update is going to be pretty substantial it seems.

• Like 1

man, purses kind of puts it in perspective. why spend 1 grand on a purse when you can get one thats just as good at walmart for 10 bucks? why spend 200 on earthbound when nhl 94 is 2 bucks? :dunce:

I've asked this same question. Her reply is always "I like this one..."

I'm sure its a "woman thing." She doesn't understand my interest in 30 year old games and probably never will but accepts it.

It would really help if everybody on this forum was playing through as many SNES games as possible on their Super NT to try to find bugs and issues that would lead to improvements in the Super NT firmware.

Just encountered one seconds ago. Was playing Link to the Past on SD2SNES (NTSC-U). I bombed my way into the shed in the lower left of Kakariko and collected the stuff inside. When I exited it showed Link coming out of the door and then reset to “Nintendo presents” while the music continued for a second. The Kakariko music was soon interrupted by the tumbling chimes sound that accompanies the polygonal Triforce intro and I was staring at the title screen.

Super Nt FW 4.1, not jailbroken. SD2SNES HW Rev H (latest) with latest system files and hotkeys enabled (could be relevant).

That's how the nt mini does it as well,it loads the core direct off the SD card without writing it to flash.

I am so glad to read this. I love bouncing back and forth between different generations of games on my mini, and when I was reading how the flash was being re-written every time I switch cores I started getting worried about what happens when the flash hits its write-limit.

So does this mean that the flash is only re-written when we update/change the firmware?

Just encountered one seconds ago. Was playing Link to the Past on SD2SNES (NTSC-U). I bombed my way into the shed in the lower left of Kakariko and collected the stuff inside. When I exited it showed Link coming out of the door and then reset to “Nintendo presents” while the music continued for a second. The Kakariko music was soon interrupted by the tumbling chimes sound that accompanies the polygonal Triforce intro and I was staring at the title screen.

Super Nt FW 4.1, not jailbroken. SD2SNES HW Rev H (latest) with latest system files and hotkeys enabled (could be relevant).

I may try that. My SD2SNES has the usb firmware installed, so I can record the output of the ram viewer.

... the story so far ....

Super Nt is out, it's a bomb, kerfuffle about shipping-gate.

side note:

Wolf_ gets booted off the thread 'cause he keeps saying the JB FW is gonna come out (he's certain of it)

JB FW comes out within a week (SD loading only for now, no special chip support)

"that guy" does not use the JB FW 'cause kevtris doesn't say if it is his ... and the guy repeats it so many times .... then zap, we don't hear it anymore (there's a god after-all)

... it seems scan lines have some minor issues ... kevtris is on it

... it seems a few games have some glitches ... kevtris is on it

... it seems people would like HDMI at 60.09 ... kevtris says "thanks but no thanks"

... we don't know how the analog dongle would work ... for the purists hopefully at 60.09 exactly (not sure if at that point the purists should just use their analog SNES over an analog TV but that's just me, I don't really understand, maybe they like component signals ... to each his own)

(...in the middle of it all a whole lot of drama)

did I miss anything?

Should we let the wolf back? (not that I have any power to do so, mind you)

Let's talk business, if Analogue sold 10K units that's ~2M$, if they make a good 40% markup that's 800K, hopefully kevtris gets 50% of that -> 400K ...... Shaka Brah

One has to wonder if big N itself wouldn't be wiser to just offer kevtris 1M/2M to get an all-in-one NES/SNES FPGA ..... will see, maybe they are too busy suing anyone saying the word "Mario" (ouch, now I'm in trouble) .... good luck with that.

I am pretty sure Analogue sold 5k of each color variation in the initial pre-order (and sold out of all 20k). Now they have sold out of 2 more colors. Here's hoping that means they made 2.2 or so... Now if Kevtris worked out 50% then damn, I need his help renegotiating my contract, but even 5% would pay 100k and thats not considering any further sales....

For what it's worth, I recently played all the way through Link to the Past on cartridge and did not encounter this. I'm currently on the jailbroken firmware, although it's possible that I was on an earlier version at the time when I first entered that shed.

For what it's worth, I recently played all the way through Link to the Past on cartridge and did not encounter this. I'm currently on the jailbroken firmware, although it's possible that I was on an earlier version at the time when I first entered that shed.

Well, I tried it again, even retracing my steps and finishing the Eastern Palace before visiting Kakariko. It didn’t happen, but re-entering repeatedly did trigger the game to freeze on a black screen. I assume it’s the same hard-to-reproduce issue some were encountering at Link’s house and that it randomly results in a reboot or freeze rather than corrupted graphics.