1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

When you set the res to 720p isn't it setting the scalier of your tv as that and 1080p to that scalier. I don't know i am really saying what I think. Sorry if it sounds a bit non sense.
Edit: I need good scan line settings for 720p? I havn't played on a crt for a very long time so I need a bit help. I did that disable vertical interpolation thing and using the 3x in the basic setting.

Edited by D3ltax55

When you set the res to 720p isn't it setting the scalier of your tv as that and 1080p to that scalier. I don't know i am really saying what I think. Sorry if it sounds a bit non sense.

The console settings don’t change the TV settings. Your TV just scales whatever resolution the system sends it to the TV‘s native resolution. Actually, even if the signal is already at the TV’s native resolution, they typically default to simulating CRT “overscan” where the image is a bit larger than the display, so it will scale ANYWAY. A 720p image on a 720p panel will end up being less than 720p. [emoji20]

The image is enlarged so some lines are pushed off the screen and the remainder are interpolated/scaled across 720 lines of resolution. Same deal for a 1080p image on a 1080p screen. Unless you deal with the TV’s complete disregard for the signal matching the panel’s native res, you are almost certainly scaling (PC monitors are the usual exception).

That HDMI+1 setting tells it how much overscan to simulate. A lot of TVs don’t have the option to adjust/disable it. Some don’t actually disable it on the lowest setting and have some other obfuscated setting to disable it.

Edited by CZroe

Ain’t gunna git no inturger scale like ‘at, partna’.

Ya durn rernt it.

Some scalers can zoom scanlines up without ruining them, especially if they were soft already from having been rendered at 720. After that's zoomed up to 1440, another little bit makes no real difference with a decent scaling engine.

Some scalers can zoom scanlines up without ruining them, especially if they were soft already from having been rendered at 720. After that's zoomed up to 1440, another little bit makes no real difference with a decent scaling engine.

I was talking about the “HDMI+1” thing. “HDMI+1” was talking about a setting for his Sony TV, not the 1440 PC display. Even so, losing integer scaling always makes a real difference. You will either instantly lose the sharp top and bottom edges of pixels for indistinct thicknesses or you will have unevenly scaled lines with some thicker than others. With consistently spaced lines, like scanlines, expect artifacting. Even if you don’t use scanlines there are plenty of in-game effects that can be similarly affected (grids, dithering, etc).

I was talking about the “HDMI+1” thing. “HDMI+1” was talking about a setting for his Sony TV, not the 1440 PC display. Even so, losing integer scaling always makes a real difference. You will either instantly lose the sharp top and bottom edges of pixels for indistinct thicknesses or you will have unevenly scaled lines with some thicker than others. With consistently spaced lines, like scanlines, expect artifacting. Even if you don’t use scanlines there are plenty of in-game effects that can be similarly affected (grids, dithering, etc).

My wife is on the TV but I wanna post a pic of how it looks when I get a chance. Integer scaled or not... it looks amazing! It looks just right to my eyes.

Edit: Pic posted. Scaling looks perfect to me. Original pic is 5 MB but got shrunk to 1 MB. Original is much sharper.

Settings: 720p60, 8:7 ratio, 255 scanlines (normal), V interpolation disable on.

post-43876-0-74625000-1519262074_thumb.jpg

Edited by bozo55
  • Like 1

Edit: I need good scan line settings for 720p? I havn't played on a crt for a very long time so I need a bit help. I did that disable vertical interpolation thing and using the 3x in the basic setting.

Try: 720p60, 877x720, No Scaler, Disable H Interpolation OFF, Disable V Interpolation ON, Normal Scanlines, Scanline Depth 128-192, Vertical Position 42

Try: 720p60, 877x720, No Scaler, Disable H Interpolation OFF, Disable V Interpolation ON, Normal Scanlines, Scanline Depth 128-192, Vertical Position 42

I actually prefer my screen slightly wider by default (1.25:1 pixel aspect) so 720x960 or 1080p (5x at 1200x1600). I actually enable vertical interpolation on the 5x 1080p mode, disable it on 3x 720p mode. And also if you absolutely must have integer scale, 1080p (960x1280). This or the 720p setting is recommended if your HDTV forces overscan mode and crops too much off at 5x. Bilinear filtering by the display can still have quite good results at 720p native signals.

Also I dabbled with the scalars a bit. Call it sacrilege if you want, but the hq3x looks very good with games that use pre-rendered sprites such as SMRPG and DKC trilogy. Not so good with traditional pixel art games like Super Mario World.

Hi all,

Question re: the NT Mini. When using an Everdrive N8 what is the correct way to enable expansion audio for Akumajou Densetsu? Are you supposed to just enable the VRC6 chip or should you just turn up the volume on the Cartridge Audio slider?

Thanks

My understanding is that the VRC6 enable replicates the cartridge audio hardware digitally and works without the original cartridge/audio hardware (for the jailbreak, Power Pak, or Everdrive). The Cartridge Audio option is meant for mixing analog audio from original carts but the VRC6 enable option is usually the better choice. If it works like Hi-Def NES then you won’t get cartridge audio over HDMI without enabling VRC6 since it doesn’t have an ADC for digitizing the cartridge audio. Edited by CZroe

More than a week has passed and the Analogue customer service is still asking me to clean my carts.
I didn't expect this kind of low level support from them, It's like they're trying to exhaust me and left me with my broken unit :(

Send it over here and I'll put my carts through it. Couldn't hurt. If you're somewhere in SC or GA, I can drive over, bring my SNT and carts and see what of yours works on mine, and mine on yours.

Edited by F34R

Thanks for the offer but I'm from Italy ^^

However I've tried lots of carts, Japanese and USA, but all I get is a black screen. No audio or graphic glitches, only black screen.

The preloaded Turrican instead is perfectly working.

Wellll, I'd love to come to Italy. lol. I'll try and convince the wife to allow it hehe. Hope the customer service gets better. I don't have much faith though.

Edited by F34R

This video is a stream I did yesterday. Kevtris shows up around the 2 hour mark, I think, and chats with us. Some pretty cool stuff in there.

I was watching that stream. Fun times. Kevtris showed up to a stream of about 12 guys to answer questions. Really nice and down to earth guy.

Kevtris didn't say that, but he said he wants to do a beta this time. Just to be sure there aren't any problems. He's working on a million things. It's gonna take time to get everything ironed out, and all features corrected or implemented.

Edit: Yeah. Kevtris keeps surprising me. What a cool guy.

Edited by leods
  • Like 2