2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

BUG REPORT

A youtube user told me Cho Aniki doesn't boot since firmware 4.1. I tested it in 4.3 and it really doesn't boot. (used SD2SNES). But if you do the controller soft reset, while in the black screen that shows when you try to boot the game, it restarts and boots properly. I played a couple minutes and it was fine. I tried the Reset button and it didn't work.

So a short list:

Monopoly is crashing on certain cards and chests

Cho Aniki needs a controller reset.

Fron Mission's text craps out randomly

Flashback has a buzz sound in the inventory screen

edit: Samurai Shodown locks in the intro

Did I miss something?

Edited by leods

I switched back and forth and I'm not seeing a difference to be honest.

It's possible your monitor is adjusting to it. The symptoms you will see if your monitor doesn't switch:

* Full range on a limited range monitor - blacks and whites get crushed, since anything below 16 is clipped to black, and anything above 235 is clipped to white.

* Limited range on a full range monitor - blacks (like the left/right bars) turn dark grey and the whole image seems to get slightly brighter and possibly washed out.

Be sure to uncheck "dim screen while in menu", this will make it easier to see.

If you have limited range on a limited range monitor, vs. full on a full, it won't look much different. There will be some fine brightness detail lost (most noticeable on gradients) but overall brightness and such should look the same, since the 0-255 range is being squashed down to 16-235. The super nt does this "squashing" conversion now, where before it just sent out full range RGB no matter what.

• Like 4

It's possible your monitor is adjusting to it. The symptoms you will see if your monitor doesn't switch:

* Full range on a limited range monitor - blacks and whites get crushed, since anything below 16 is clipped to black, and anything above 235 is clipped to white.

* Limited range on a full range monitor - blacks (like the left/right bars) turn dark grey and the whole image seems to get slightly brighter and possibly washed out.

Be sure to uncheck "dim screen while in menu", this will make it easier to see.

If you have limited range on a limited range monitor, vs. full on a full, it won't look much different. There will be some fine brightness detail lost (most noticeable on gradients) but overall brightness and such should look the same, since the 0-255 range is being squashed down to 16-235. The super nt does this "squashing" conversion now, where before it just sent out full range RGB no matter what.

Yes, my Plasma was on a Auto setting for RGB range, so it was adjusting correctly and why I wasn't seeing either crushed or washed out blacks. Thanks.

BUG REPORT

A youtube user told me Cho Aniki doesn't boot since firmware 4.1. I tested it in 4.3 and it really doesn't boot. (used SD2SNES). But if you do the controller soft reset, while in the black screen that shows when you try to boot the game, it restarts and boots properly. I played a couple minutes and it was fine. I tried the Reset button and it didn't work.

So a short list:

Did I miss something?

Samurai Showdown still stops at the animated intro. I don't know if there was a firmware rev where this game ever fully booted. I should clarify that I'm using an SD2SNES. Its possible the actual cart might run.

Edited by SegaSnatcher

Excited about all the fixes on this new firmware. Can't wait until our Mysterious BenefactorTM releases the update to the jail-broken firmware. :D

You're absolutely wrong! There's no Mysterious Benefactor, it's all thanks to the Firmware Fairy! :D Just put your Super Nt with the stock firmware under your pillow, and you will see... ;)

Edited by retro_fan
  • Like 2

You're absolutely wrong! There's no Mysterious Benefactor, it's all thanks to the Firmware Fairy! icon_mrgreen.gif Just put your Super Nt with the stock firmware under your pillow, and you will see... icon_wink.gif

Tbh I'm torn between nicknaming the coder of the jb "Sextris" or "Not Kevtris". Having a hard time making up my mind.

• Like 1

Playing Chrono Trigger on an SD2Snes so i dont know if it happens on a real cart or jb. But sometimes when you try get to a save point and access it with a button. You get a black screen. Music still plays but its stuck. Happens after i load a game and try right after sometimes and happened at the save after crono gets thrown in jail

Thats subjective, I actually prefer the SP's buttons and form factor over the original, but I'll admit I'm part of the minority.

I prefer them too, but I would be the first to admit it does not lend well to moves in a game like Street Fighter Alpha 3 for example.. but I guess that's why they put in "Easy combos" :P

it may be placebo, but I would swear the Super NT now looks sharper in both 720p and 1080p modes on my TV. Perhaps some TVs also disable some post-processing with it that can't otherwise be disabled.

A few sets will stop doing overscan simulation as a result of recent changes. Wish this were a standard feature on all TVs, but it ain’t. [emoji20] Edited by CZroe

I just did a long stream testing stuff. The result was:

I couldn't crash monopily, but that game sucks, and you have little controll of what's going on.

Cho aniki starts with the reset trick, but it crashes in the game latter. Crashed twice on me between fights.

Front mission gun hazard worked well. I even went back to SD2SNES and botted the game agan to see wether I'd see a prolem, but it was fine.

Flashback has the buzz in the inventory. That is consistent.

Samurai shodown booted perfectly, and I played it for a while. Then hours latter I tried again and both samurai spirits and Samrai Shodown didn't do well at all. Either garbage gets displayed, or the game glitches out in the cherry blossom screen.

Rendering ranger shows 2 spash screens and then stops. It just blacks out.

Uniracers was fine, Couldn't crash Zelda.

I guess that's all.

• Like 1

A few sets will stop doing overscan simulation as a result of recent changes. Wish this were a standard feature on all TVs, but it ain’t. [emoji20]

I've said it like four times in this thread - no overscan, my TV has a 1:1 mode that I use. I think the sharpness may come from indicating IT content, which on some TVs changes how it displays content in other ways than just removing overscan.

• Like 2

I don't even see RGB range in my TV's settings. There is nothing that says limited or full. Is it the same as changing color space between native and auto (or custom if I knew how to mess with all the sliders)? It's a Samsung TV from about 9 years ago LN40A550. Maybe that wasn't even an option?

Edited by Toth

I'm really wondering if I should consider buying a Super Gameboy 2. I know we don't have any confirmation of cores coming down the road via the Super NT Jailbreak, but I'd hate to spend the money on one only to have the core available.

Nah. The Super Game Boy 1 works fine enough for me with 99.8% of games I throw at it. Unless of course you absolutely need the extra screen borders, or want to hook up two carts, two systems and two tvs just to play multiplayer.

Playing Chrono Trigger on an SD2Snes so i dont know if it happens on a real cart or jb. But sometimes when you try get to a save point and access it with a button. You get a black screen. Music still plays but its stuck. Happens after i load a game and try right after sometimes and happened at the save after crono gets thrown in jail

I made an account earlier with the intent of asking if anyone else is seeing this (but didn't get a chance since my account needed to be validated and I had to go to sleep). I reported this to analogue a while ago, but I wanted to see if I could get some confirmation here on whether this is just something with my cart/setup or other people were able to reproduce this.

I've tried 4 different firmware versions, and every combination of settings I can think of, and am still always able to reproduce this issue. It seems similar at least in symptoms to the zelda issue mentioned, and very much seems timing related somehow.

While it can happen randomly while entering the character menu (X) it can also be forced to happen by rapidly entering the menu and exiting (X followed by B) usually in under a minute. I have even had it happen when the menu comes up after hitting start at the title screen at least twice. I don't have an original cart to test, but it definitely happens on the sd2snes. The same cart/rom works fine on my actual snes mini, and I could not reproduce the issue. I have tried all of the options in the super nt menu, as well as turning off various things on the sd2snes like the controller hooks, and nothing seemed to have an effect.

Worth noting it did not seem to occur if running off the sd card on the jailbroken firmware from what I can tell.

BUG REPORT

So a short list:

edit: Samurai Shodown locks in the intro

Did I miss something?

This is my list :

Chou Aniki - Bakuretsu Rantou Hen - (loads fine with jailbreak firmware, will require a reset or two to load on sd2snes)

Earthworm Jim 2 PAL (must play in Full or Single Buffer mode to avoid audio gltiches)

Flashback : The Quest for Identity (audio buzz heard when opening inventory, affects all official versions except the English/French PAL version, which behaves with no buzz.)

Front Mission (shaking text box on map screens sometimes)

Home Alone (starting game using jailbreak firmware only shows graphics for a second, then black, music still plays)

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball (in jailbreak firmware, player names are not shown at many instances during game, including game announcement screen (pitcher) line up screen (team) and batting screen (pitcher & batter))

Marvelous - Mouhitotsu no Takara-jima (text discoloration, SA-1 chip game)

Monopoly - Freezes after a human player lands on Chance or Community Chest

Prince of Persia - (game can load to glitch/impassable screens on jailbreak firmware, seems random)

Samurai Shodown/Samurai Spirits - (may crash randomly after the Takara logo, you can keep pressing reset until you can get past it.)

Targa/Rendering Ranger R2 (crashes to a black screen after developer/publisher logos or starting a game, I was able to get to actually play the game once in about twenty tries. The Targa ROM floating should be 2MB, not 4MB and can safely be truncated).

Twist Demo by Resistance (screen turns black half-way through the demo in NTSC, but music still plays. PAL/50p modes works OK)

Unholy Night (Sometimes will show garbled graphics, fail to load the fighting stages and fail to restart the music after reset).

• Like 1