1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I don't even see RGB range in my TV's settings. They're is nothing that says limited or full. Is it the same as changing color space between native and auto (or custom if I knew how to mess with all the sliders)? It's a Samsung TV from about 9 years ago LN40A550. Maybe that wasn't even an option?

I have a recent samsung TV and it is the only option I can find that resembles RGB limited/full range also.

I don't even see RGB range in my TV's settings. They're is nothing that says limited or full. Is it the same as changing color space between native and auto (or custom if I knew how to mess with all the sliders)? It's a Samsung TV from about 9 years ago LN40A550. Maybe that wasn't even an option?

On Samsung TVs, it’s called “HDMI Black Level” in the settings. “Normal” is for full and “low” is for limited.

• Like 1

Is the Super Gameboy 2 really vastly superior to the old NA Super Gameboy, or do you just not have either, and are going to get the best option?

I've used the NA one a lot, and never had any real issues with it.

I have the Gameboy Player on my Gamecube too, but currently only have analog output from that, and only S-Video, bleh. But it plays everything up to and including Advance.

Get one of those fancy new Digital Output HDMI adapters for your game cube. I have one and it's awesome!

Or use this for playing GBA games if you insist on playing it on the Super NT... :lolblue:

• Like 1

I just did a long stream testing stuff. The result was:

I couldn't crash monopily, but that game sucks, and you have little controll of what's going on.

Cho aniki starts with the reset trick, but it crashes in the game latter. Crashed twice on me between fights.

Front mission gun hazard worked well. I even went back to SD2SNES and botted the game agan to see wether I'd see a prolem, but it was fine.

Flashback has the buzz in the inventory. That is consistent.

Samurai shodown booted perfectly, and I played it for a while. Then hours latter I tried again and both samurai spirits and Samrai Shodown didn't do well at all. Either garbage gets displayed, or the game glitches out in the cherry blossom screen.

Rendering ranger shows 2 spash screens and then stops. It just blacks out.

Uniracers was fine, Couldn't crash Zelda.

I guess that's all.

Just keep pressing start before the cherry blossom screen. It will boot to the main menu.

Also, can confirm this is a bug with the Super NT and not the SD2SNES since the game runs just fine on my OG SNES.

This is my list :

Chou Aniki - Bakuretsu Rantou Hen - (loads fine with jailbreak firmware, will require a reset or two to load on sd2snes)[/size]

Earthworm Jim 2 PAL (must play in Full or Single Buffer mode to avoid audio gltiches)[/size]

Flashback : The Quest for Identity (audio buzz heard when opening inventory, affects all official versions except the English/French PAL version, which behaves with no buzz.)[/size]

Front Mission (shaking text box on map screens sometimes)[/size]

Home Alone (starting game using jailbreak firmware only shows graphics for a second, then black, music still plays)[/size]

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball (in jailbreak firmware, player names are not shown at many instances during game, including game announcement screen (pitcher) line up screen (team) and batting screen (pitcher & batter))[/size]

Marvelous - Mouhitotsu no Takara-jima (text discoloration, SA-1 chip game)[/size]

Monopoly - Freezes after a [/size]human player lands on Chance or Community Chest[/size]

Prince of Persia - (game can load to glitch/impassable screens on jailbreak firmware, seems random)[/size]

Samurai Shodown/Samurai Spirits - (may crash randomly after the Takara logo, you can keep pressing reset until you can get past it.)[/size]

Targa/Rendering Ranger R2 (crashes to a black screen after developer/publisher logos or starting a game, I was able to get to actually play the game once in about twenty tries. The Targa ROM floating should be 2MB, not 4MB and can safely be truncated).[/size]

Twist Demo by Resistance (screen turns black half-way through the demo in NTSC, but music still plays. PAL/50p modes works OK)[/size]

Unholy Night (Sometimes will show garbled graphics, fail to load the fighting stages and fail to restart the music after reset).[/size]

Should we track all of this on github, similar to what's being done with the jailbreak firmware? It seems like having all the reported issues in one central place would benefit everyone.

(eg. https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Super-NT-Jailbreak/issues )

Edited by cacophony
  • Like 1

BUG REPORT

A youtube user told me Cho Aniki doesn't boot since firmware 4.1. I tested it in 4.3 and it really doesn't boot. (used SD2SNES). But if you do the controller soft reset, while in the black screen that shows when you try to boot the game, it restarts and boots properly. I played a couple minutes and it was fine. I tried the Reset button and it didn't work.

So a short list:

Monopoly is crashing on certain cards and chests

Cho Aniki needs a controller reset.

Fron Mission's text craps out randomly

Flashback has a buzz sound in the inventory screen

edit: Samurai Shodown locks in the intro

Did I miss something?

I have an original Cho Aniki (fighting game) cart; will try it later.

I'll probably revert to version 4.3 from the JB firmware until said time when we get more support for additional cores. I have an Everdrive with DSP chip installed, that auto saves all the SRAM games properly.

I would still like to see the configuration settings stored as a file to the SD card, rather than internal flash. This will reduce write cycles as well as allow users to retain settings when switching between firmwares. Another request, is for the H/V screen position to be zero when perfectly centered, and +/- when it is adjusted horizontally or vertically. I tend to get OCD about not knowing when the screen data is perfectly centered or not.

• Like 1

The menu bounce is gone! I loved that feature!

Also, the Width and Feature don't have the default screen settings in parenthesis when having Advanced Mode toggled on. I often found myself checking Width and Height to make sure I have it on 4:3 for 16:9 since I have Advanced Mode on.

Edit: Okay, looks like it happens but, like before, I have to sometimes fiddle with toggling Advance Mode off/on to make my Video settings pop up correctly.

As for other things, should I mess with anything for gamma when turning on scanlines at 1080p? I have them all locked at 1.00 for now. Wasn't sure if I should move any of them. I have Limited RGB off in Scalers as my Samsung 4k seems to have perfect blacks with full RGB.

I've been playing with 1080p but now I can't decide whether to keep going with that or switch to 720p; 720p seems to have the correct scanline separation on my screen now, whereas it didn't before.

I have an original Cho Aniki (fighting game) cart; will try it later.

I'll probably revert to version 4.3 from the JB firmware until said time when we get more support for additional cores. I have an Everdrive with DSP chip installed, that auto saves all the SRAM games properly.

BUG REPORT UPDATE: CHO ANIKI

I have the original Super Famicom cart of this game and am playing direct through the cart port using current 4.3 firmware as released on Analogue's website.

I can confirm the black screen of death bug appears only when the output resolution is set to 1080p. On 1080p modes, the game will fail to boot with black screen, and sometimes crashes to black screen after completing a round, with music still playing. Pressing reset or the reset hotkey will cause the game to reboot normally. Of course this will lose player progress so it is impossible to play through the gsme.

On 720p and 480p modes, the game starts properly every time, even upon initial powerup. Remember to save settings before powering off the console. I played a few rounds at 720p and did not notice a crash event.

Toggling launch timing option on/off has no effect.

• Like 1

I'm watching a used one go for $1,200usd. I've thought about selling mine but I just can't part with it. :lust:

It's weird looking at the console sitting within eyesight, gathering dust, and knowing it's going for that much money. I'll get back to it after my Snes high wears off. I bonded with that console. It sat in my lap for 2 hours while I caressed it with q-tips soaked in alcohol. The glue used to assemble the box melted in shipment and made itself at home on the nice black surface.

Edited by Shadowgate
  • Like 1

Well if you need quick cash, you could always sell your NT Mini and get an AVS... :P

Well, in a way I need cash. Im planning to buy a Neo flashcart, BUT I wanna sell out some stuff first to cover that cost.

The NT mini arent in my sell-list, and probably wont be.

Owned a AVS before the NT mini, I was very happy with it. However I would like some more updates regardning firmware and scoreboard on the AVS. I belive they planned a rasperry pi version of the scoreboard.. not yet released.

• Like 1

Get one of those fancy new Digital Output HDMI adapters for your game cube. I have one and it's awesome!

Or use this for playing GBA games if you insist on playing it on the Super NT... :lolblue:

Yeh, they look cool, but so spendy. I need to check if my gamecube even works now too, I might need to open it up to clean and regrease the drive. I've just been using my first gen Wii for gamecube games ever since it launched, so I don't think my gamecube has even been switched on in 12 years.

Hmm... really tempting to buy one of those. I can't quite justify getting a SD2SNES when I already own 95% of games I care about on original carts.

I would have killed for that back in the 90s. Back then, I was making my own crude test patterns with Mario Paint.

Hmm... really tempting to buy one of those. I can't quite justify getting a SD2SNES when I already own 95% of games I care about on original carts.

I would have killed for that back in the 90s. Back then, I was making my own crude test patterns with Mario Paint.

If you're interested in trying out the 240p test suite there is a Snes version that should work on the jailbreak firmware of the Super NT.

Edited by Shadowgate
  • Like 1

Should we track all of this on github, similar to what's being done with the jailbreak firmware? It seems like having all the reported issues in one central place would benefit everyone.

(eg. https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Super-NT-Jailbreak/issues )

The problem is that the issues with the JB are separate from issues with real carts, and issues with using the Everdrive/SD2SNES, some which don't happen on the real hardware, and some that do.

The ED/SD2SNES has different performance characteristics from real cartridges, plus they have a "program" that runs before the games do, so that means the default state (superCIC, hooks, etc) of the SD2SNES can also impact the games. Hence why anything perceived broken has to be tested with the real cart, and then has to be tested in a real SNES to eliminate the ED/SD2SNES from being the issue.

eg

2ex3tef.png

Sailor Moon S (Fighting game), appears to have a scan line at the top and bottom that is broken. But...

qzis1z.png

It actually shows that on the SNES too.

What we need is a spreadsheet checklist of something like:

5u4lsi.png

Edited by Kismet