1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Do you (or anybody else) know the difference between Ancient Stone Tablets and Ancient Stone Tablets: Master Quest? Is Master Quest a hack? Or was it also an official release on Satellaview?

The AST areas of the BS Zelda Homepage describe two patched versions of AST - one which aims to be accurate to the original broadcast (making changes only to localize and restore playability), and another - termed Master Quest - which has a bunch of optional patches integrated, including:

• Various graphical changes, such as turning the 'boy' mascot into Link.
  • Circumvention of the game's time limit.
  • An older version of the indoors-recreation patch, created before definitive reference material was available, leading many areas to look different and some to be notably harder.
  • A boost to the health of boss creatures, deliberately increasing difficulty.
  • Some miscellaneous bug fixes and added features.

Assuming the repro group you're dealing with is using these same versions, then yes; Master Quest is a hack.

Edited by WNivek

Having a built in game genie is going to be sweet.

Ask and you shall receive :)

v4.4 notes:

- Cheat codes tool added. It’s under “settings” “tools” “cheat codes”. You can enter up to 6 codes. Entering the cheat menu will disable codes (so you can enter them, change them, etc. without crashing the game) and exiting it will enable codes if they are enabled via the check boxes.

Edited by lekrang
  • Like 1

Fantastic. Reset on boot to force 480p mode will definitely help with older tvs. I am curious, does does the cheat menu work with rom based (game genie) or ram based (action replay) cheats? Also should be great to use codes with sa-1 games and other enhancement chips that don't work with real genies. :grin:

Fantastic. Reset on boot to force 480p mode will definitely help with older tvs. I am curious, does does the cheat menu work with rom based (game genie) or ram based (action replay) cheats? Also should be great to use codes with sa-1 games and other enhancement chips that don't work with real genies. :grin:

it's game genie only. it should work on everything since it's internal; but if you're in the sd2snes or similar menus, you should disable the codes first!

• Like 2

it's game genie only. it should work on everything since it's internal; but if you're in the sd2snes or similar menus, you should disable the codes first!

I use an SD2SNES, so when do I actually put in cheat codes? After I load the game rom?

Also, I highly suggest you tell Analogue to promote the cheat code feature. I think many people who have yet to buy a Super NT would like the idea of a built in game genie.

Edited by SegaSnatcher

Loaded 4.4 firmware and gotta say it's fantastic. Colors look great, lots of new options, everything seems a bit sharper (I previously used the JB firmware, so maybe the overscan fix in 4.3/4.4 helped).

Haven't noticed any bugs. It's been a smooth, polished experience overall.

I did need to enable the cart timing toggle to get my Super Everdrive V2 to work, but I was expecting that after somebody else mentioned it.

@Kevtris, it would probably be a good idea to specifically mention the Super Everdrive in the description of that setting, especially given that it's more common than the other examples (SNES PowerPak, etc)

Nice work!

Edited by cacophony

looks like all 5V logic so it should be fine.

Sorry, I've probably missed it but does that mean that cart mods based on a 29L3211 EEPROM aren't supported on super nt ? I've one in the works, I could just stop now if it's not lol (I know 5V EEPROMs are safer but I've had that programmed 29L3211 for a long time so I tought I'd just take the plunge and finaly mod the cart)

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/cheaper-super-mario-rpg-cartridge/

I have a question about using SD2SNES with SuperNT.

When I power on the SuperNT with SD2SNES plugged, the SD2SNES does not turn on (LEDs not turning on) and selecting load cartridge leads to a black screen.

If I power on the SuperNT with no cartridge and then I plug the SD2NES, it works OK.

So, why I can't turn on the SuperNT with the SD2SNES plugged? Do I need a better power supply? (I've tried the official one via an adapter -since I'm in Spain - and a USB port from my TV - Sony kdl42w705b)

I have a question about using SD2SNES with SuperNT.
When I power on the SuperNT with SD2SNES plugged, the SD2SNES does not turn on (LEDs not turning on) and selecting load cartridge leads to a black screen.
If I power on the SuperNT with no cartridge and then I plug the SD2NES, it works OK.
So, why I can't turn on the SuperNT with the SD2SNES plugged? Do I need a better power supply? (I've tried the official one via an adapter -since I'm in Spain - and a USB port from my TV - Sony kdl42w705b)

With my SD2SNES I need to power the Super NT on, then off, then on again to get the SD2SNES to boot on it. It works fine on my regular SNES. I'm using the official power supply.

What? Seriously? I've never had that issue at all on my SD2SNES and the SNT.

Yeah, I know it's not common to all of them. I don't know if it's a slight variance in my SD2SNES or my Super NT. Since it seems to work on normal SNES hardware, probably my Super NT.

The Super NT works with everything else. I wish there was a way to determine if it was major enough to warrant going through an attempt at getting it replaced, or if it was just a minor annoyance I should shrug and accept.

Edited by DarkkOne

Sorry, I've probably missed it but does that mean that cart mods based on a 29L3211 EEPROM aren't supported on super nt ? I've one in the works, I could just stop now if it's not lol (I know 5V EEPROMs are safer but I've had that programmed 29L3211 for a long time so I tought I'd just take the plunge and finaly mod the cart)

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/cheaper-super-mario-rpg-cartridge/

hdBp8gg.jpg

I'll take that as a win, still. :D

(my first cartmod ever)

• Like 1

Im so happy with this update that it supports cheats. It's in game to so it works with flash carts. Just tried super mario all stars with missing levels with inf time and it worked. SO happy thanks a bunch. I was about to buy a cheat device like a gamegenie or a super ufo you saved me a bunch. Someone says that it works with the extended chip games like super mario rpg which is grate.
Is there any way in the future for firmware updates to save your settings? Not a big deal thanks for all the effort. Even if it's some save profiles.

Edited by D3ltax55

The AST areas of the BS Zelda Homepage describe two patched versions of AST - one which aims to be accurate to the original broadcast (making changes only to localize and restore playability), and another - termed Master Quest - which has a bunch of optional patches integrated, including:

• Various graphical changes, such as turning the 'boy' mascot into Link.
  • Circumvention of the game's time limit.
  • An older version of the indoors-recreation patch, created before definitive reference material was available, leading many areas to look different and some to be notably harder.
  • A boost to the health of boss creatures, deliberately increasing difficulty.
  • Some miscellaneous bug fixes and added features.
Assuming the repro group you're dealing with is using these same versions, then yes; Master Quest is a hack.

Got it.

I'm wanting the one that's true to the actual original so I'll be going with Ancient Stone Tablets.

They still haven't shipped my Super NT yet, but I got my 8bitdo controller in the mail today and have been playing some NES games with it. So far I haven't noticed any issues. In fact, the d-pad feels better than the old SNES/SFC30 controllers. I own both of those.

Edited by cowabunga

Ff3 ted woosley uncensored glitch on 4.4. At leethe river. When sabin jumps in the river. When he jumps up from the water his sprite glitches into the dialogue box. Goes away after though

Are you playing via a flash cart? If so, which one?

Have you tried the same part on real hardware?