1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

While cool and novel because it was the first time being done, old emulators are really horrid and full of inaccuracies compared to what they eventually morphed into today.

Old source code isn't going to run all the games. Many will be glitched, and new homebrews are likely to have issues.

Old homebrews and new homebrews of all systems are often done using inaccurate software emulators because ... they simply don't know better. They test if it boots, and that's as far as it goes. Good luck if it works on real hardware or FPGA hardware.

When we get all the edge cases ironed out in the Super NT (which, means every single game has to be played to completion) then it will be more accurate than Nintendo's own Virtual Console, Mini Classic's, AND the 1-chip.

I really hope that eventually that the companies that own the software libraries reach out to the FPGA system developers and either ask to license their cores to produce their own systems or come up with a way to license their game library for use on the FPGA systems, because good grief "good enough" is what we had to settle for in 2004.

Old homebrews and new homebrews of all systems are often done using inaccurate software emulators because ... they simply don't know better. They test if it boots, and that's as far as it goes. Good luck if it works on real hardware or FPGA hardware.

Excuse me, but there are those of us who actually go through the trouble of beta-testing their homebrew releases on real hardware before putting them on cartridges. :roll:

• Like 4

Excuse me, but there are those of us who actually go through the trouble of beta-testing their homebrew releases on real hardware before putting them on cartridges. :roll:

I'm sure for everyone one person who tests their homebrews and hacks on real hardware, there's a dozen who don't test on anything but software emulators.

When people handwave-away the need for accurate FPGA re-implementations of hardware and settle for "retroarch is good enough for me", that's when we start getting homebrews and hacks that only work on one or the other, not both. Just like a certain browser war of yore.

When we get all the edge cases ironed out in the Super NT (which, means every single game has to be played to completion) then it will be more accurate than Nintendo's own Virtual Console, Mini Classic's, AND the 1-chip.

I really hope that eventually that the companies that own the software libraries reach out to the FPGA system developers and either ask to license their cores to produce their own systems or come up with a way to license their game library for use on the FPGA systems, because good grief "good enough" is what we had to settle for in 2004.

I think Super NT already is more accurate than Virtual Console and Mini Classic. Nintendo had to apply game specific patches to get games running correctly on their own emulators, and there are still some glitches. One I know of off hand is the background in Yoshi's Island's "touch fuzzy" level, the background glitches on the SNES Mini Classic, does not on SNT. Also, if you load other ROMs onto the Mini Classic, you'll find glitches galore in many titles.

Anyone know how to save genie codes on using the jail break fw 4.4 on Super NT? Every time I shut down the super nt it doesn't save the codes? I have saved on the system settings, but it doesn't save codes?

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

The original genie didn't save codes either. You gotta type it in every time.
  • Like 1

Thank you, Kosmic. It's good that some people on here have the ability to read and comprehend what someone is asking without being a prick. I appreciate your response.

Evidently your reading comprehension is so good you thought "New Starfox" meant the version from the 1990s so you probably shouldn't be talking about other people.

having a 2600/7800 system might be nice. Right now there is nothing modern that plays 2600 or 7800 carts direct. I have a 7800 but the plastic on the case cracks/breaks if I just look at it funny. I also have a Atari flashback that can be modded to play real cartidges, but I've never got around to doing that. Hyperkin is supposed to be putting out a console base on old closed source code. I may end up purchasing that if it's not absolutely horrid as it would be the only thing out there. Not putting out an FPGA console maybe a missed opportunity. Those us who grew up with Atari are getting closer to middle age now, I would think now would be the time to capitalize on it.

It should work decent enough for old vintage carts. Don't expect Supercharger, Harmony cart, or Melody enhanced homebrews to work though. If Pitfall II runs, I'll be happy with it.

Evidently your reading comprehension is so good you thought "New Starfox" meant the version from the 1990s so you probably shouldn't be talking about other people.

Hey look you posted again. That’s cute. Now pay attention and comprehend what I am saying now. I realize that pretty much it will be the new version of Star Fox 2, but I was asking someone who actually has the cart what version was on it to be sure.

I realize by reading most of the comments on here that you seem to talk out of your ass most of the time. I get it, you don’t have the cart that I am asking about and you have no first hand knowledge on the subject. So my question to you is why do you keep responding when you have no idea of what you’re talking about? Now if we look at what you just posted now and compared it to what you posted originally if the cart has every single FX game would it contain the new version and the beta version? If you read and comprehended the product description would you be able to answer that question?

You tried to look like you’re intelligent and showed everyone that you’re just a prick. Just stop responding because every time that you do you are simply showing just how pathetic you are. Like I said before, it’s time to grow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I play all my real carts on my 7800 presently, but I think there is some title that aren't compatible with the 7800. I think when I was at PRGE a homebrew title depended on you toggling the B/W <-> color switch show the map vs the game screen. The 7800 doesn't have a B&W and I have read on the forums here some later models are less compatible. I guess there was enough hardware variation that the creator of the harmony cart had to give up on making 7800 sequel. I would still like to pickup a harmony cart at some point though. Usually for pitfall I/II I am more keen to play it on my Atari 8bit computers. As I understand it you develope/contribute to Stella, IYO how does the MIST(er) core compare to Stella and real hardware.

It should work decent enough for old vintage carts. Don't expect Supercharger, Harmony cart, or Melody enhanced homebrews to work though. If Pitfall II runs, I'll be happy with it.

Jakir, it is the final version, not the beta. "New" Starfox was finalized in 1996 but never released. So the title screen says 1996 for the copyright, even on the mini. Why do you criticize him for asking a simple question in a forum?

Now as for whether the fx multicart has updated rom, it depends upon when it was purchased and when the author gained access to the dumped rom. Iirc, the community dumped the contents of the Super Nes classic almost immediately because the hardware is identical. So it would not take a hacker very long to locate the game rom(s) from within the dump, by searching for a known string using a hex editor.

Best to assume when the website mentions "new" starfox 2, is is referring to the final cut, not the beta. Without the new, it's more ambiguous.

• Like 1

Hey look you posted again. That’s cute. Now pay attention and comprehend what I am saying now. I realize that pretty much it will be the new version of Star Fox 2, but I was asking someone who actually has the cart what version was on it to be sure.

What games are on it and which version of Star Fox 2 is included? Is it the new version that came on the Super Nes Classic?

Oh boy, you're deteriorating. I've met a lot of dumb people in my life but only a few couldn't comprehend the stuff they wrote themselves. That takes... talent. You literally asked if it was the new version and the description says new in it. Please stop trying to defend yourself by making crap up. The sooner you accept you are lazy, stupid, or both the sooner you can work to change that.

Oh boy, you're deteriorating. I've met a lot of dumb people in my life but only a few couldn't comprehend the stuff they wrote themselves. That takes... talent. You literally asked if it was the new version and the description says new in it. Please stop trying to defend yourself by making crap up. The sooner you accept you are lazy, stupid, or both the sooner you can work to change that.

It’s obvious that you are now desperately reaching. I get it, your life is devoid of meaning so you are trying desperately to look like a big man here. That’s probably because no one likes you and you are a pathetic example of everything that is wrong with this hobby.

Just for fun let’s look at your latest drivel.

What am I making up now? Can you express it in words or is that beyond your intelligence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My SuperNt is "on its way" .... as I mentioned I got the all black one because you know ... once you go black ....

... now now ....

firmware fairy please release the Core Store

• Like 1

It's representative of an individual that thinks he knows everything, is condescending, and actually has trouble comprehending what he is reading but attacks others for that very thing. Truly pathetic if you ask me.

Says the person that doesn't understand what "new" means.

Oh dear.. The petty bickering.. Is it representative of NES and SNES gamers?

I've been wondering about that. I've noticed a lot of other gaming forums have the same tone this thread has picked up.

I think a lot of it has to do with the lowered price point bringing a more diverse variety of new members.

When the jailbreak cores started dropping, NT mini suddenly became a bargain, but there was still a fairly sizable barrier to entry. I think that the coincidental release of the AVS, at half the price, also kept a lot of the NES fans from jumping on nt mini. I've heard from some that it's hard for them to go back farther than NES, for whatever reason.

There was a time I'd say it was because we tended a few years older, but at this point, even snes fans should be quite old enough, they're just quite numerous.

I will also mention that even before the big member rush, maybe before there was even an nt mini, we started to go a bit off in this thread--but I assumed it was the residual taint from fumes from the coleco chameleon shells. (I know I overindulged a bit in them)

Anyway, last night I had a blast with the vtech creativision core--a system I've never even seen. The games are all these horrid, so-bad-they're-good clones of popular games. They've been heavily re-themed, and not all the game mechanics survived the copy process. So far Police Jump is my favorite. It's not because I like donkey kong clones, but rather I keep coming up with names and plot for the characters.

• Like 2

Says the person that doesn't understand what "new" means.

Are you really that daft?

Let me break this down so that you can understand as you're apparently too dumb to follow this very easy to follow line of events.

User D3ltax55 posts that he just received the FX Multicart from retro circus (actually retro circuits) and also asks about an all in one SA-1 multicart that he heard is in the works. I quote this user and ask him about the all in one SA-1 multicart and which games are on the FX multicart and for confirmation that it is indeed the newer version of Star Fox 2 that was recently released on the SNES Classic.

You respond by telling me they only have a 4in1 SA-1 cart, but they might be able to make a 20in1 and tell me to look at the product information page for the FX multicart for the information that I'm asking.

I then inform you that in the product description that they start to list the games (they list 7) and then simply say "And More!" and that I was curious what exactly is on the multicart.

You then smugly ask me if I try to read the first line every of the product description where it states that every FX game ever released for the SNES. Now could do they mean every FX game that has been commercially released or every FX game that has been released on the internet including all of the versions of Star Fox 1 and 2. They are two very different things.

I then told you that I read that and I would assume that it was the latest version of Star Fox 2, but I was asking a user that owns the FX Multicart for confirmation that it is indeed the latest version of Star Fox 2. You do understand the difference between an assumption and a confirmation, don't you?

You then lecture me about reading comprehension skills that is obvious that you clearly lack.

Then you claim that I'm lazy and stupid for asking for clarification on what exactly is on the FX multicart.

Then you babble on that I lack the reading comprehension to understand that the New Star Fox 2 is apparently not the game from the 90s and not apparently new 2017 version. Actually as Cosmic Stardust pointed out both the beta versions of Star Fox 2 and the released SNES Classic version are both from the 90s. This again shows people that you have zero idea what you are talking about.

After all of this you then make the claim that I'm deteriorating, that I don't even understand what I am writing, and that I'm making crap up. I asked you to state what exactly I'm making up. You then don't back up your claim and simply claim that I don't understand what the word "new" means. I guess that reading comprehension skill you are so boasting about when I wrote multiple times that I'm just asking for confirmation of which version is on the multicart. There has been many times before the release of the SNES Classic version of Star Fox 2 that people posted later beta versions and used the word New in the rom release. Considering that the release of the FX multicart came out in 2016, it is a valid question to ask for confirmation as to which version of Star Fox 2 is on the multicart. Did they recently write that description or was that description written in 2016 and by "new" they meant the latest beta version of the game that was released at the time before the SNES Classic version was released.

Again I will reiterate what is the crap that I'm making up now? Can you be a man for once in your life and back up your claims?