1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The DL is not the issue, the time it takes to the SuperNt to flash while going totally dark is a little nerve-wracking ... any chance to put a percentage indicator on screen?

It can't be bricked, so you shouldn't get too nerve wracked. If it fails, you just check your download, maybe redownload, and try again, or revert to an older firmware.

The SNT will always be receptive to a valid firmware file, the updater cannot be broken.

The DL is not the issue, the time it takes to the SuperNt to flash while going totally dark is a little nerve-wracking ... any chance to put a percentage indicator on screen?

there's no need to worry, it can recover if anything goes wrong. I can't show anything since it's writing, other than a flashing light.

So, I'm breaching a pretty wobbly branch, here, but technically, in terms of total number of games compatible to the Super NT, in general terms of playability, without critical, game-breaking bugs (might be some relative glitches); relative to the number compatible between variants of official hardware to each other - I think a certain milestone has been reached, where the SNT might possibly be deemed more relatively compatible to software in the systems active life-span, than official hardware releases? 8-O Congratulations. :)

I have some photos and videos I can share once Im back home. Certain screens load incorrectly with graphics placed in the wrong parts of the screen. Seems to happen randomly (on both NA and JP versions) so far in every firmware version. I wont be able to test the update for a few days at least, which is why I asked if there is a possibility it was fixed. Hopefully!

What cartridge slots come with or are available as a optional plug in with the Analogue NT mini?

Is there a ColecoVision compatible cartridge slot for this product or does one need to run all ColecoVision rom images from a SD card?

The only cart slots are the ones built in (nes, famicom). Kevtris was going to release additional cart adapters but that hasnt happened yet.

It's alive (SuperNt FW 4.5):https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360002595831/snt_firmware_ver4.5.bin am I the only one that think the URL link shortening feature of AA forum is "less than ideal" for the url of support.analogue...? sigh!I swear I did not type anal...ware!!! Albert help!!!

Support yer local anal-ware distributor. Buy Super NT! :rolling:
  • Like 1

New firmware for the Super NT should be posted today fairly soon. The following changes have been made:

Changed wording of the checkbox in the cheat codes. It now says “enable checked codes” to reduce confusion.

Changed “tools” menu to “cheat codes”.

Well that explains why my codes didn't work. I just hit "enable all codes" and nothing happened. :P

Interesting feature with the debug menu. Could this be used as a game trainer? For instance do a search for changes to a ram address, ie get killed and the life counter decrements by one, then you find the ram address that got decremented and modify it, gaining extra lives. I don't condone changing values to games with sram saves though, as you might corrupt your save.

@kevtris .... any chance on the HDMI resolution menu to "force" the 50Hz modes?

I know my TV supports 1080p50Hz but the SuperNt does not detect it at all, is there any way to display them anyhow and allow users to "force" them?

Note: the SuperNt detects 480p60/720p60/1080p60 and I usually play 480p60 with 2x H and V ... not 8:7 but perfect integer scaling but I would use the "real 50Hz" just for those PAL games that should be actually refreshed at 50Hz (assuming my TV is not cheating .... never heard of an actual LCD panel that can refresh at both rates but what do I know).

Maybe you can do what usually PC do and force the display of a menu at the new resolution with a confirm/rollback button (default to rollback) to be pressed and automatic 10sec rollback .... this way there should be no issue, alternatively I am also fine if at reboot I am dropped in any compatible p60 mode so that if I screw up I don't get myself locked out.

QQ: my other TV is an old plasma 720p/1080i ... will the SuperNt simply default to 720p on it?

@kevtris .... any chance on the HDMI resolution menu to "force" the 50Hz modes?

I know my TV supports 1080p50Hz but the SuperNt does not detect it at all, is there any way to display them anyhow and allow users to "force" them?

Note: the SuperNt detects 480p60/720p60/1080p60 and I usually play 480p60 with 2x H and V ... not 8:7 but perfect integer scaling but I would use the "real 50Hz" just for those PAL games that should be actually refreshed at 50Hz (assuming my TV is not cheating .... never heard of an actual LCD panel that can refresh at both rates but what do I know).

My LCD runs anything from 24 to 144hz, free running, maybe even under 24hz, I don't have a source less than 24hz to test. Though for $1300, it should also dance, make dinner, and do the dishes.