1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I figured as such, just wanted to ask lol. I wonder if the reverse could even be done.

Seeing as there are existing devices which can rewrite sram (such as the Super UFO Pro 8 ), I would presume it can be done.

Edited by WNivek

rom too, latest JB fw, must be on my end. (BSOD when loading reaches 100%)

obviously working now with the new jb fw :D

I hope someone comes up with a SFA2/SFZ2 decompressed rom ^^

(I could dump both PAL/SFC version but don't have the knowledge to uncompress 'em and get rid of S-DD1 calls and such)

Thanks a lot to whom it may concern for the JB updates, we, as usual really appreciate them ;)

Edited by Shin_K

So far loving the latest JB firmware. However have found an issue with Super Punch Out freezing.

Using the ROM from the SmokeMonster pack. First round of the fight after knocking out the opponent the ten count starts and the opponent recovers and then the game freezes. I was able to make this happen twice after resetting the game.

I'm going to try a "clean boot" of the unit and see if I can make it happen that way.

Any body else can confirm this? Will post on the JB site as well.

After power cycling I cannot seem to make this freeze occur again. Maybe its the way I'm going through ROMs and instead of resetting the unit between game changes, I'm just going back into the file browser in the middle of a game and selecting a new one to start.

So far loving the latest JB firmware. However have found an issue with Super Punch Out freezing.

Using the ROM from the SmokeMonster pack. First round of the fight after knocking out the opponent the ten count starts and the opponent recovers and then the game freezes. I was able to make this happen twice after resetting the game.

I'm going to try a "clean boot" of the unit and see if I can make it happen that way.

Any body else can confirm this? Will post on the JB site as well.

Wondering how to save after entering a cheat to unlock everything with yoshi's island? When I turn off the cheat and load again it goes back to normal without the cheats. Im using the muilti fx cart if that matters. I quickly tested the other games and the cheat codes that are 8 digits only work. I only quikly tested the cheats with the other games. Going to see if there are games that allow to save with cheats that unlock things with the muilticart.

Edited by D3ltax55

Until Analogue ditches it for the NT Micro with streamlined plastic shell, no jailbreak, and no analog outputs. Oh wait, it exists:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=1&catid=5&threadid=157265

Surely Brian doesn't mind the NT Mini being permanently out of stock...

I wonder if they made a boatload more black Super NTs and are waiting to sell out current stock before opening a third production run, or if the clear, classic, and sfc editions were limited models.

Until Analogue ditches it for the NT Micro with streamlined plastic shell, no jailbreak, and no analog outputs. Oh wait, it exists:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=1&catid=5&threadid=157265

Surely Brian doesn't mind the NT Mini being permanently out of stock...

I wonder if they made a boatload more black Super NTs and are waiting to sell out current stock before opening a third production run, or if the clear, classic, and sfc editions were limited models.

yeah but that only runs NES/fami. It won't run any of the over a dozen systems the ntm runs.

• Like 2

Has the Nt Mini been discontinued? I've been searching but can't seem to find the answer. There also doesn't seem to be a way to contact Analogue on their website.

I contacted them regarding this a while ago and there was nothing.. just "subscribe to the newsletter for news".

I own a NT mini myself, and I cant be happier that i brought it. The Atari stuff never was a thing here in EU so its really cool to be able to play all those system on a CRT with this accuracy.

The intellivision was a bit popular here, at least in Sweden.

Hope that core becomes available one day. :)

Wondering how to save after entering a cheat to unlock everything with yoshi's island? When I turn off the cheat and load again it goes back to normal without the cheats. Im using the muilti fx cart if that matters. I quickly tested the other games and the cheat codes that are 8 digits only work. I only quikly tested the cheats with the other games. Going to see if there are games that allow to save with cheats that unlock things with the muilticart.

Wait a minute so is this saying that only way to save your game now is via the system menu for backups off the SD card?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

yeah but that only runs NES/fami. It won't run any of the over a dozen systems the ntm runs.

Is Analogue going to do a NT mini or a newer cheaper unit? Been asking this for weeks. I have many NES games waiting. Please Analogue, do as Kosmic Stardust said do a NT micro. They must not like money?

• Like 1

Is Analogue going to do a NT mini or a newer cheaper unit? Been asking this for weeks. I have many NES games waiting. Please Analogue, do as Kosmic Stardust said do a NT micro. They must not like money?

Even though I already own a NT mini, I really do hope they decide to make more using a more affordable plastic shell like the Super NT. I think that would entice more people to buy one and experience the wonder of FPGA retro gaming. It's something that has taken the true dawn of video gaming and allowed it to be immortal and that experience should not just be for richer folks.

• Like 2

I don't think cheat codes work in a way that affects the save data. If you didn't really beat a stage, it won't be written to the save file that you did.

Something like this would be the route if I decided. :grin:

1. Make a HDMI only NT Mini.

2. Make a premium analog/HDMI version of the Super NT.

3. Find a EU- dealer to distribute oversees.

But... I dont know the market that well. But retro gaming is a "thing", and the folks that likes are in their prime economy-wise...

I recently got a SFZ2 cart but was quite disappointed at the "loading" delays. I imagine they are due to compression, so would a decompressed ROM get rid of those?

that's a good question actually, maybe Kevtris could chime in, since he know the snes so much now :)

I hope rewriting saves to carts comes later :)

As for Atari, it was definitely a thing in EU, I'm french and owned a 2600 as a kid, and so did my neighbor^^

Edited by Shin_K

They are keeping their options open, but I just do not get a sense of any enthusiasm by Analogue for another run of the Nt Mini. It would not be unreasonable for them to believe that the NES has been over-exposed of late and the numbers of new buyers at the $450 price point are just not there. Even though they probably do not make as much profit on a Super Nt as they did on an Nt Mini, they sold thousands and thousands more of the former than the latter. Not only do they make more money from the increased overall sales, that brings them many more new customers who would likely be very interested in purchasing their next product.

As Analogue is a small but growing company with an increasing reputation for making excellent FPGA consoles, they must be looking to the next product. What will that product be?

The Super Nt DAC? Let's hope kevtris' theoretical ability of sending raw digital video information through the HDMI transmitter works.

A HDMI Genesis device? If they do that, will they be able to distinguish themselves from the second-rate alternatives already on the market?

A handheld console? Good luck finding an affordable screen manufacturer, and anything beyond the 8-bit stuff may be too complex for an affordable FPGA and also will require BIOS ROMs, which bring legal issues with them.

An FPGA TG-16 or Neo Geo? A niche market and a tough crowd, and for the latter Chris Taber burned a lot of bridges with the Neo Geo community several years ago.

Edited by Great Hierophant
  • Like 1