1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

having many save delete issues on carts. Have had 1st save slot erased on multiple games many times. Also have had randomly all saves erased. I am not removing the cart when pwrd on or anything. Happened on all firmwares and on 2 different Super NTs. Original and clone carts, multiple games.

Anyone else suffering from this?

All mine are 20+ years old and haven't had any save issues thus far. I have had to change batteries for a handful of people over the past year though, all original carts.

• Like 1

Whats this about this colectorvision HD. I hear it plays Colecovision, MSX, Sega Master System cartridges. I encourage more FGPA if it's done right. Im not a museum to have these ageing about to fail or rot consoles in my home.
I watched Madlittlepixel youtube channel about this coming out and having a kickstarter.

Edited by D3ltax55

Whats this about this colectorvision HD. I hear it plays Colecovision, MSX, Sega Master System cartridges. I encourage more FGPA if it's done right. Im not a museum to have these ageing about to fail or rot consoles in my home.

I watched Madlittlepixel youtube channel about this coming out and having a kickstarter.

Here is a link to the Collectorvision Game System thread if you are interested:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/265958-collectorvision-game-system/

having many save delete issues on carts. Have had 1st save slot erased on multiple games many times. Also have had randomly all saves erased. I am not removing the cart when pwrd on or anything. Happened on all firmwares and on 2 different Super NTs. Original and clone carts, multiple games.

Anyone else suffering from this?

Probably dirty edge connectors. Dirty cart connectors kill save files. Been there done that with original hardware, learned to make sure carts with valuable saves as well as the console's cart socket were really good and clean before powering on.

• Like 2

Yeah issue persists after cleaning edges, impacts clone and OG carts :/ maybe its just me

If you are in the US, send me one of the clone and OG carts and I'll change the batteries for you, no cost except shipping. If that solves the problems, we can get all your bats changed.

• Like 1

Seen some intresting stuff in the krikzz forum, someone have made the FX-chip working in the sd2snes fpga.

Could the Super NT take advantage of this code and implement it and be implemented in the jailbroken software?

Seen some intresting stuff in the krikzz forum, someone have made the FX-chip working in the sd2snes fpga.

Could the Super NT take advantage of this code and implement it and be implemented in the jailbroken software?

No I think there was a limitation regarding the memory speed.

• Like 1

I found another benefit, albeit a very small one, of the Super Nt over original hardware. As it involves spoilers for a game, I will use the spoiler tab to hide it from those who do not wish to have a great game spoiled :

One of the games that use the interlaced mode of the SNES is Chrono Trigger. It is only used in the sequence when you pilot the Epoch time ship into Lavos. This sequence is entirely optional but is not available until you obtain the Epoch roughly halfway through the game.

When you pilot the ship, you will be shown a cutscene where it is quite clear that this is intended to be a kamikaze-style attack on the end boss. There is lots of fire and screen shaking. The cutscene ends with the Epoch destroyed (not shown) and you inside Lavos. Essentially it allows you to bypass the first battle with Lavos, which is long and tedious but not as challenging as the boss battles which can precede it in Black Omen or the later battles with Lavos.

When you see images of the Epoch's controls during this sequence, this is where the interlaced mode is used. I do not believe interlaced mode is used when the sequence switches to external shots of the ship. With the interlace disable option off, you will see the mouth teeth artifacts quite clearly on an LCD. If you turn the option on, the mouth teeth go away as I discovered with Ranma 1/2: Chounai Gekitou Hen. The sequence is not long, so the benefit is limited.

In Ramna, the use of interlacing was almost certainly a mistake. It makes the game all flickery. But in Chrono Trigger, the shaky flicker effect looks appropriate on a CRT given the context of the scene. The effect is unfortunately lost on an LCD, whether playing it through an emulator or otherwise. The Super Nt is the only way I know of to eliminate the distracting mouse teeth artifacts from the interlaced mode used during this sequence.

• Like 1

So, long story short my wife was battling cancer during the time the NT Mini was available so I missed out on being able to own one. Thankfully she has been in remission now for a while and things are much better. Ive been trying to purchase a NT Mini on eBay with no success.

So, after reading 200 or so pages lm feeling less than confident that our Super NT is ever going to have the core store capability of the NT Mini. The main reason the NT Mini has been such a desired item for me is that particular aspect of its ability. I guess all I can do is continue to hope an NT Mini comes available some way some how until another option comes available.

Edited by SanfordSeven
  • Like 2

So, long story short my wife was battling cancer during the time the NT Mini was available so I missed out on being able to own one. Thankfully she has been in remission now for a while and things are much better. Ive been trying to purchase a NT Mini on eBay with no success.

So, after reading 200 or so pages lm feeling less than confident that our Super NT is ever going to have the core store capability of the NT Mini. The main reason the NT Mini has been such a desired item for me is that particular aspect of its ability. I guess all I can do is continue to hope an NT Mini comes available some way some how until another option comes available.

Sorry about the tough times you had. I was busy and didn't have time during NT mini release, but now I do have the time and can't get one for the life of me. No way I'm I paying silly ebay prices. So I feel your pain :( Some will say get a RetroAVS, but maybe I don't want a AVS. I want a Analogue NT mini damn it :(

Edited by RetrogamerX

Sorry about the tough times you had. I was busy and didn't have time during NT mini release, but now I do have the time and can't get one for the life of me. No way I'm I paying silly ebay prices. So I feel your pain :( Some will say get a RetroAVS, but maybe I don't want a AVS. I want a Analogue NT mini damn it :(

Hey! Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I missed out on an auction last night - my bid was $1250 but unfortunately the winner got it at $1275. I cannot believe I would have paid that much for this system but I have continued to save up money for the last few months and sold off some other systems that I intended on replacing this one with. I don’t have the same love for the AVS and have actually had the opportunity of trying one for a few days - there is no true comparison between the two systems IMO, but to each his own.

• Like 1

Hey! Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I missed out on an auction last night - my bid was $1250 but unfortunately the winner got it at $1275. I cannot believe I would have paid that much for this system but I have continued to save up money for the last few months and sold off some other systems that I intended on replacing this one with. I don’t have the same love for the AVS and have actually had the opportunity of trying one for a few days - there is no true comparison between the two systems IMO, but to each his own.

Yes I watched that sale too. Wow $1275 way too much imho no way would I pay that much. Try to wait it out for either a nt mini restock (which will probably never happen) or maybe a resign NT mini? I'm hoping for the latter. or maybe a new player we haven't seen yet, I refuse to pay over $1000 damn even $700 is too much for a nes. If you have that kind of cash then knock yourself out, but you know if you bought it last night you would have buyer's remorse for sure. I know I would. Hang in there something will come along

• Like 1

I struggled to make it ok for the actual launch price of the NT Mini. I'm wishing I bought a few of them so I could sell them to people like SandfordSeven at cost.

Nice of you to say. Thanks man - I hate to ever over-pay for something, but in this case it is such a great system and is able to replicate a few systems I own that are no longer dependable. If only Analogue had a spare few machines lol - nice wish.

Nice of you to say. Thanks man - I hate to ever over-pay for something, but in this case it is such a great system and is able to replicate a few systems I own that are no longer dependable. If only Analogue had a spare few machines lol - nice wish.

If I come across one, I'll try and get it down as reasonable as I can.

• Like 1

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day! :o This is good news for both the SD2SNES, as well as the Super FX, right?

The XMAS cart also looks very nice on the stock AVS as well. Especially the 2017 model with the LCD screen.

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

Just leave the flap open. :)

RetroUSB-AVS_NES30_Pads-02-vgo.jpg

8BitXmas2017-04.jpg

Same. :)

RetroUSB-AVS_NES30_Pads-01-vgo.jpg

awesome. i put decals on my avs to. and a nintendo entertainment system logo for the lid. i ordered a chrome super nintendo logo for the super nt as well.

The Super decals arrived last night. Now for the pics. Didn't get to show off my 8bitdo controller collection unfortunately, but got something even better! :grin:

Trifecta and Super Trifecta (Technically seven consoles. Not shown, AV Famicom)

39475221370_579f40ec14_h.jpg

Trifecta and Super Trifecta 2

39475201720_5056205c0a_h.jpg

Nintendo Lids

27412355988_647efe6c99_h.jpg

Under the Hood

40388418355_9e19951003_h.jpg

Super Logo for Super NT

40571266204_e5ac72b826_h.jpg

Full Album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30203515@N04/sets/72157694613348274/

Couple thoughts: Originally I wanted my Super Nintendo arcade controller to use a crome Super Nintendo logo, but the vendor could not create one with his plotter so I substituted the regular Nintendo one in chrome instead of red (Super Nintendo v2 controllers used a molded Nintendo logo of the same design). The Nintendo logo on the NES arcade controller was placed on the top edge because the normal location of the logo was occupied by my turbo function buttons.

The Nintendo lids and the chrome Super Nintendo decal on the AVS and NT Mini really make them pop IMO. The Super Nintendo decal on the Super NT is exactly the same size as the original SNES. The Nintendo Entertainment System logo on the AVS is slightly larger than the original. LOL at the 30th anniversary Mario sticker says 2015 when the AVS really came out in 2016. :dunce:

I love both the AVS and the Super NT. Super NT makes a great spiritual successor to the AVS at similar price point. They both have retro inspired stylings and match the aesthetics of the original consoles well. In fact I think they look quite good together. That said, I hope Analogue decides to do a cost reduced version of the NT Mini, or our mysterious FPGA overlord eventually released an updated version of the JB cores on the Super NT.

:cool::thumbsup:

If you are in the US, send me one of the clone and OG carts and I'll change the batteries for you, no cost except shipping. If that solves the problems, we can get all your bats changed.

I wonder why some people have so many dead batteries, and other people (like me) have never had one go bad. Storage conditions perhaps? My cartridges have always been in climate controlled areas. Maybe the batteries die when they've been stored in a hot attic or something?

• Like 1

I wonder why some people have so many dead batteries, and other people (like me) have never had one go bad. Storage conditions perhaps? My cartridges have always been in climate controlled areas. Maybe the batteries die when they've been stored in a hot attic or something?

Storage conditions and usage.

The Super decals arrived last night. Now for the pics. Didn't get to show off my 8bitdo controller collection unfortunately, but got something even better! :grin:

Trifecta and Super Trifecta (Technically seven consoles. Not shown, AV Famicom)

39475221370_579f40ec14_h.jpg

Trifecta and Super Trifecta 2

39475201720_5056205c0a_h.jpg

Nintendo Lids

27412355988_647efe6c99_h.jpg

Under the Hood

40388418355_9e19951003_h.jpg

Super Logo for Super NT

40571266204_e5ac72b826_h.jpg

Full Album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30203515@N04/sets/72157694613348274/

Couple thoughts: Originally I wanted my Super Nintendo arcade controller to use a crome Super Nintendo logo, but the vendor could not create one with his plotter so I substituted the regular Nintendo one in chrome instead of red (Super Nintendo v2 controllers used a molded Nintendo logo of the same design). The Nintendo logo on the NES arcade controller was placed on the top edge because the normal location of the logo was occupied by my turbo function buttons.

The Nintendo lids and the chrome Super Nintendo decal on the AVS and NT Mini really make them pop IMO. The Super Nintendo decal on the Super NT is exactly the same size as the original SNES. The Nintendo Entertainment System logo on the AVS is slightly larger than the original. LOL at the 30th anniversary Mario sticker says 2015 when the AVS really came out in 2016. :dunce:

I love both the AVS and the Super NT. Super NT makes a great spiritual successor to the AVS at similar price point. They both have retro inspired stylings and match the aesthetics of the original consoles well. In fact I think they look quite good together. That said, I hope Analogue decides to do a cost reduced version of the NT Mini, or our mysterious FPGA overlord eventually released an updated version of the JB cores on the Super NT.

:cool: :thumbsup:

Looks good but you should remove stickers, too much stickers looks ugly

Edited by RadikusRLZ