1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Have a question. It's nothing wrong with the Super Nt BUT i brought a HDMI switch -> 2 inputs 1 output.

Hooked up a HiDef NES and a Super NT.

Both can be powered on at the same time, last signal counts. Also there is a manual toggle.

The HiDef works fine, but the Super Nt needs the HiDef to be powered on to use that input. If I just have the Super Nt the HDMI switch doesnt register an input.

What's the difference between the signals between the systems? Using 60hz@1080p on both. EDID enabled on hidef, and DVI-mode off.

Cant see any settings like that on the SNT.

Clarification, SuperNT works fine on a dedicated port straight into my monitor.

Have a question. It's nothing wrong with the Super Nt BUT i brought a HDMI switch -> 2 inputs 1 output.

Both can be powered on at the same time, last signal counts. Also there is a manual toggle.

The HiDef works fine, but the Super Nt needs the HiDef to be powered on to use that input. If I just have the Super Nt the HDMI switch doesnt register an input.

What's the difference between the signals between the systems? Using 60hz@1080p on both. EDID enabled on hidef, and DVI-mode off.

I am also using a 3 input, 1 output pigtail HDMI switch that auto-switches but also has the manual input switch. With a Super NT and PS3 connected, it works perfectly, even when the PS3 is completely powered down (physical power switch off on the back) or absent. Have you tried connecting something other than the NT Mini along side the Super NT on that switch?

Atmn> I have the Super NT on an HDMI switcher too, but it works fine for me (prolly don't have the same switcher, mine is 4 input+ optical splitter)

FINALLY, THE SUPER NT ALREADY DOES HAVE THE BUILT IN REGION SWITCH YOU ASKED FOR. Boot the game in PAL mode to bypass the region check. As soon as the title screen loads, access the menu (Down + Select) and got to hardware -> region -> and select PAL. Hit select on the controller to exit to the game and you can play it in 60Hz until you power off or restart. I would assume you still had to flick the 50Hz/60Hz switch after the game booted to get past region checks on original modded hardware too?

Btw, how do you think I managed to load a single PAL cart if I don't know of this option ? I asked for real pal60 support, which has nothing to do with region actually...(which you would know if you did or used the double switch mod on a PAL snes...
I get it that you don't since you're in the NA, but what I do fail to understand is WHY you go out of your way to argue I'm wrong and my asks are irrelevant and the PAL snes was never meant to run that way, when IT SIMPLY JUST DOESNT CONCERN YOUR CASE USE AND DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT ON THIS PARTICULAR POINT, and does only concern PAL cart owners.

It's not because it's stupid FOR YOU that it's not very important for others, my god, could you be more self-absorbed ? o_o

I linked to you all relevant info with the github link, there's nothing more to say, pretty much every enthisiasts PAL carts owners with the means to do it have been resorting to that mod to run MOST PAL carts to be as close as possible to original NTSC ones for like 25 years, we just need this on Super NT too, and yet, you can't just get to term with this, even if it's simply not something for you, why is it so important for you to be discuss something that doesn't concern you ?

I have an automatic 4K 5 port hdmi switch and as you power something on it goes to that console automatically. I have my Super NT, Analogue NT Mini, Nintendo Switch, and PS4 Pro on hooked up and haven't had any issues. tbh I have had switches in the past not work as well. You might want to get another switch some are just not compatible.

• Like 1

I have been away from this thread for a bit so can someone tell me?

Is there a jailbreak for the SuperNT that allows you to play other systems?

Did Kevtris ever make an official statement as to if he will have a "Core Sore"?

Man this thread gets a lot of postings, last I read it was at 175 and now at 405....Hot Topic!!

I have been away from this thread for a bit so can someone tell me?

Did Kevtris ever make an official statement as to if he will have a "Core Sore"?

Man this thread gets a lot of postings, last I read it was at 175 and now at 405....Hot Topic!!

No and no.

FYI: SD2SNES gsu v0.7 is out (4h ago)

https://github.com/RedGuyyyy/sd2snes/releases

since v0.5, in v0.6 and v0.7, redguy added gsu fast option in menu and gotten closer to actual gsu speed when in normal speed mode (I think the difference has been cut in half or even a bit better).

Obviously I play with the combo SD2SNES + SuperNt and it's been a breeze.

Lot's of progress on this, and people have been waiting for a long time.

I've had issues in the past with HDMI switches...especially cheap ones. Does yours have an AC adapter? Make sure you are using that.

You don't need to spend a ton of money, but look for some on amazon that have decent reviews.

Atmn> I have the Super NT on an HDMI switcher too, but it works fine for me (prolly don't have the same switcher, mine is 4 input+ optical splitter)

Btw, how do you think I managed to load a single PAL cart if I don't know of this option ? I asked for real pal60 support, which has nothing to do with region actually...(which you would know if you did or used the double switch mod on a PAL snes...

I get it that you don't since you're in the NA, but what I do fail to understand is WHY you go out of your way to argue I'm wrong and my asks are irrelevant and the PAL snes was never meant to run that way, when IT SIMPLY JUST DOESNT CONCERN YOUR CASE USE AND DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT ON THIS PARTICULAR POINT, and does only concern PAL cart owners.

It's not because it's stupid FOR YOU that it's not very important for others, my god, could you be more self-absorbed ? o_o

I linked to you all relevant info with the github link, there's nothing more to say, pretty much every enthisiasts PAL carts owners with the means to do it have been resorting to that mod to run MOST PAL carts to be as close as possible to original NTSC ones for like 25 years, we just need this on Super NT too, and yet, you can't just get to term with this, even if it's simply not something for you, why is it so important for you to be discuss something that doesn't concern you ?

Pal is 50hz. Ntsc is 60hz. Switching the ppu from 50hz to 60hz and back effectively changes the region of the console. The pal lockout disable switch is also irrelavent on the super nt.

Here is how your modded pal console works:

With your little dual console switches on modified pal hardware, the only games you cannot play at all are ntsc sa-1. Ntsc games, boot in 60hz with lockout disabled. Pal games, boot in 50hz (with lockout enabled for sa-1, otherwise it doesn't matter) to disable lockout warning present in most latter games. If you pal game is not optimized for pal refresh rates, feel free to flick the 60hz switch after boot to get full speed.

With Super NT, it is exactly the same process except you access the "pal/ntsc" switch through a menu instead of a physical toggle switch on the console. With Super NT, you can play all pal games, all ntsc games, including sa-1 carts, at their proper speed. You can also "flick the ntsc switch" for 60hz mode after booting unoptimized pal games, same as your modded original hardware.

And yes, I have played pal games in 50hz pal mode on my avs, and have a 4k tcl hdtv that can sync to 1080i/p 24/50/60, 720p 50/60, 480 i/p 60, 576 i/p 50 over hdmi, and also supports ntsc60 (everything I own) and ntsc50 (atari, n64) over composite. I don't have native pal device to test on it.

Yes, the Super NT has the region mod switch built in; no, there's not a hotkey for it. Might as well assign a dozen hotkeys for every single menu item anyone could possibly want to toggle on the fly if Kevtris goes that route. It would get cumbersome fast. You have to toggle it in the menu but it's there. Sure it's not as convenient as flicking a switch, but noone else is complaining for lack of a better method to hotswap the region settings. You can swap the region during gameplay as often as you like, by accessing the menu option.

Not other systems, but the good news is there IS a jailbreak to play the majority (non-special chip) SNES games. :)

Yes. I believe Kev announced on IRC that he plans on having a cold sore on his upper lip sometime around September.

• Like 2

Pal is 50hz. Ntsc is 60hz. Switching the ppu from 50hz to 60hz and back effectively changes the region of the console. The pal lockout disable switch is also irrelavent on the super nt.

With your little dual console switches on modified pal hardware, the only games you cannot play at all are ntsc sa-1. Ntsc games, boot in 60hz with lockout disabled. Pal games, boot in 50hz (with lockout enabled for sa-1, otherwise it doesn't matter) to disable lockout warning present in most latter games. If you pal game is not optimized for pal refresh rates, feel free to flick the 60hz switch after boot to get full speed.

With Super NT, it is exactly the same process except you access the "pal/ntsc" switch through a menu instead of a physical toggle switch on the console. With Super NT, you can play all pal games, all ntsc games, including sa-1 carts, at their proper speed. You can also "flick the ntsc switch" for 60hz mode after booting unoptimized pal games, same as your modded original hardware.

And yes, I have played pal games in 50hz pal mode on my avs, and have a 4k tcl hdtv that can sync to 1080i/p 24/50/60, 720p 50/60, 480 i/p 60, 576 i/p 50 over hdmi, and also supports ntsc60 (everything I own) and ntsc50 (atari, n64) over composite. I don't have native pal device to test on it.

Yes, the Super NT has the region mod switch built in; no, there's not a hotkey for it. Might as well assign a dozen hotkeys for every single menu item anyone could possibly want to toggle on the fly if Kevtris goes that route. It would get cumbersome fast. You have to toggle it in the menu but it's there. Sure it's not as convenient as flicking a switch, but noone else is complaining for lack of a better method to hotswap the region settings. You can swap the region during gameplay as often as you like, by accessing the menu option.

I don't have a 50hz modded console. US NES2 Toploader, 60hz 1080p. So its on paper the same signal.

Anyhow I will return my hdmi switch and go for something else today.

• Like 1

Thanks for the lecture I did not need, I used to be and electrical engeneer too you know ?

PAL and NTSC are color spaces, refresh rate are irelevant. (a french neo geo isn't outputting the same refresh rate as a french snes for example, same for comparison is true us/jpn version.)

Your speech about being ridiculous about the hotkey switching was cute... you do realize MegamanX3 checks the register for the right value at every door, right ?

yet I linked to you the relevant ressources...I'm fine with you not beliving what I'm saying, but you realize Borti (who's more knowledgeable than you) said so too ?

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61037&sid=f95cd817e55d9a281daa6379756c6f84&start=479

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61037&start=485

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61037&start=487

The S-PPU portions of the FPGA run at 50Hz mode. You can test it by your own - just look for a constant movement and you will see that it takes 1.2x longer to e.g. walk a certain way in PAL mode compared to NTSC mode. (Don‘t use an in-ame timer, use a stop watch)

Yes, that's it. You got the PAL speed in PAL mode regardless of having it set to 1080p50 or 1080p60.

How it technically works

- duplicating every 5th frame or what ever - I don't know. Ask Kevtris.

I simply want to play my PAL carts in NTSC and not getting annoyed by "This gamepak is not designed for ..." messages.

My SNESes can do that:

- the one with the SuperCIC with region patch attached to pin 3 based on CIC-key data or pairmode with sd2snes (I know, the SuperNt has a SuperCIC.lock inside, but I guess pin 3 is left unconnected and the pairmode with the sd2snes has been removed) - the one with the Ultra16 mod, where the info is read from the cartridge / ROM header, and the region patch is implemented in a tiny CPLD.

I've contacted him. It was right before I got my SuperNt and I firstly saw that issue in MLiG review. he said he will take a look and he also explained me why the sd2snes auto region patch will not help (as I guessed). But since then I haven't seen any progress on it.

Either stop being blind/deaf or stop replying nonesense, please, like I said, this is not for YOU, this DOESN'T CONCERN YOU.

Random shower thought for Analogue and Sega:

Do a legit partnership with Sega for the production of the Mega NT. After enough time has passed for kevtris to have worked out the majority of the bugs in the FPGA code, then have ASICs mass produced to release a highly accurate Genesis/Megadrive Mini with 30 built in games that isn't ATGames garbage. The hardcore gamers will want the ability to play carts and get the FPGA version while the casual gamers looking for a nostalgia fix can get the ASIC solution thats also highly accurate for the games it has built in.

There's probably multiple business reasons why this won't work but it was a neat thought.

Not other systems, but the good news is there IS a jailbreak to play the majority (non-special chip) SNES games. :)

Yes. I believe Kev announced on IRC that he plans on having a cold sore on his upper lip sometime around September.

Thanks and good catch on the typo mistake!

Got another HDMI switch, and its working now. Needed one with an external power.

I guess there are more ounch in the current on a HiDef NES with a real 7805 that can supply the power needed. Since there is no regulation(?) on the SNT it will be more sensitive. Well, i suppose there is some 3.3 regulation.. But that does not count in this case. :)

• Like 2

Do you know something the rest of us don't? The NT Mini shortage wasn't something announced or planned for as far as I know. The majority of units sold have been used consoles so I'm inclined to believe they are just people who had their fun and would rather have the money. The people selling new in the box consoles I'll give the benefit of a doubt to. Even my own NT Mini has a layer of dust on it from neglect. Super NT and others have been taking all my time.

Edit: To piggyback off my own post I am repeating my earlier post in hopes anyone has info.

Does anyone know if the Famicom Network controller works on the Nt Mini (ColecoVision core)?

How about the SNES NTT Data controller? Anyone know if that would function with a SNES to NES converter (Raphnet)? I've been searching through old posts but I can't find if the Network controller was fixed or not.

Would also appreciate suggestions for other useful NES controllers for various cores. A good joystick for Atari games maybe?

Kev added support for the Famicom Network controller and in my admittedly limited experience using it on the Mini's Coleco core, it works just fine. As for the NTT Data controller, I can't recall if Kev added support for it or not, but I wanna say he did because he said he used it in testing quite a bit himself. I think he may have even planned to release a dongle for it along with the cart adapters, but obviously those never happened. I'm sure you could make your own though, and given Kev is such a nice guy, he may even be able to provide some info on how to do it. As for the raphnet adapters, I want to say they won't work because you need the extra pins or whatever that the expansion port has (I seem to recall a past conversation here about that), but I really don't know and I'm sure some other guys on here that are more knowledgeable about that stuff could answer that.

All that said, the NTT Data controllers seem to be really hard to find, while the Famicom Network controllers are easier to find (at least they were a year or so ago when I bought mine) and provide the same functionality as far as the Mini is concerned. I still keep an eye out for the NTT Data controller in hopes that a core store hits the Super NT some day, but other than that it's not necessary IMO. On a side note, if you get the Famicom Network controller, the NeoGeo controller extensions will work for it.

Edited by jamon1567

Just got my nt mini a few hours ago and tried about 20 carts and only one needed to reseat and cleaned. Been testing for 2 hours and its been great so far. Im so glad I found this one. Im over the moon with the mini. This machine is built like a tank. Its a thing of beauty.

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

Is it silver or black?

Someone just posted an NT Mini for $1350. I am so desperate to have the system I am thinking of biting the bullet and paying this (highway robbery like) price. Please convince me that waiting on Kevtris and Co., to give me a similar option is the better choice - Im sweating hard trying to avoid spending this kind of money for a system that wasnt initially near this expensive. $1350 goodness, someone else out there has to have one for a better price than this. Goodness....

Buy a hi def nes kit and install it yourself :) If you want the other cores you could just get whichever everdrive you want.

PAL and NTSC are color spaces, refresh rate are irelevant. (a french neo geo isn't outputting the same refresh rate as a french snes for example, same for comparison is true us/jpn version.)

Not that it makes a difference here but in HDMI neither PAL nor NTSC matter and being the SuperNt HDMI only for now .....

With "support for PAL60" do you mean 60Hz and region check bypass?

[from your links it seems that once one chooses PAL the PPU is at 50Hz no matter the output, and NTSC has it at 60Hz, but you want to play actual PAL games at 60Hz?]

If I may ask what's the list of games that benefit from running at 60Hz and are PAL only (and I mean there's no NTSC version that is as good)?

I am NOT being controversial, I'm sure there are games that were PAL only or for which the PAL version was different enough to be wanting to play them AND they can run fine at 60Hz.

Thanks for the lecture I did not need, I used to be and electrical engeneer too you know ?

Your speech about being ridiculous about the hotkey switching was cute... you do realize MegamanX3 checks the register for the right value at every door, right ?

yet I linked to you the relevant ressources...I'm fine with you not beliving what I'm saying, but you realize Borti (who's more knowledgeable than you) said so too ?

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61037&sid=f95cd817e55d9a281daa6379756c6f84&start=479

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61037&start=485

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61037&start=487

Either stop being blind/deaf or stop replying nonesense, please, like I said, this is not for YOU, this DOESN'T CONCERN YOU.

your modded pal snes has a built in region switch which you can change on the fly. the super nt has a built in region switch via a menu option which you can change on the fly. i fail to understand what is somehow missing what your system has that the super nt somehow lacks. if anything the super nt is better because it fixes the cpu clock as well.