2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hey Guys,
I searched around a bit to see if I could find out more about my video glitch issue, but couldn't find an exact match in these thread.
RickBa posted about having to power on his Super NT before plugging in his SD2SNES in order for the SD2SNES to work.
DarkkOne replied to that post saying that he needed to turn the Super NT on, then off, then back on again for the SD2SNES to work.
I searched through this thread and found no replies to either issue.
I am experiencing something similar. I'm primarily only playing Chrono Trigger right now. When I try to play ChronoTrigger off of my SD2SNES, if I just power on the Super Nt, boot the SD2SNES and then load CT, I see lots of flickering/artifacts on random parts of the screen. It's very evident on my initial loading screen. I used to think I had a bad connection so I'd remove the SD2SNES and reseat it, and boom it would work. No flickering/artifacts. Then I discovered that if I power ON the Super Nt, power it back OFF, then power it back ON, that then CT loads up fine on the SD2SNES without any graphical glitches.
I read a little bit about people having issues with an inadequate power supply, but I'm using the standard U.S. power supply that came with the Analogue Super Nt.
It appears as though maybe the SD2SNES needs to get some juice flowing through it first. So turning on the Super Nt then a quick power recycle seems to fix the issue. I know that I cannot just power up the Super Nt and hit the reset button. That doesn't solve the problem. I HAVE to power the Super Nt off and on. And this is only on the Super Nt. Both my SNES Jr and SNES full size don't have this issue.
Any thoughts or recommendations other than power cycling? Can this be fixed via firmware?

On First Boot - Glitched: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/909/26656717787_1f67caac44_b.jpg
After Power Cycle - UNGlitched: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/937/26656712877_b67672ea93_b.jpg

-Rob

Hey Guys,
I searched around a bit to see if I could find out more about my video glitch issue, but couldn't find an exact match in these thread.
RickBa posted about having to power on his Super NT before plugging in his SD2SNES in order for the SD2SNES to work.
DarkkOne replied to that post saying that he needed to turn the Super NT on, then off, then back on again for the SD2SNES to work.
I am experiencing something similar. I'm primarily only playing Chrono Trigger right now. When I try to play ChronoTrigger off of my SD2SNES, if I just power on the Super Nt, boot the SD2SNES and then load CT, I see lots of flickering/artifacts on random parts of the screen. It's very evident on my initial loading screen. I used to think I had a bad connection so I'd remove the SD2SNES and reseat it, and boom it would work. No flickering/artifacts. Then I discovered that if I power ON the Super Nt, power it back OFF, then power it back ON, that then CT loads up fine on the SD2SNES without any graphical glitches.
I read a little bit about people having issues with an inadequate power supply, but I'm using the standard U.S. power supply that came with the Analogue Super Nt.
It appears as though maybe the SD2SNES needs to get some juice flowing through it first. So turning on the Super Nt then a quick power recycle seems to fix the issue. I know that I cannot just power up the Super Nt and hit the reset button. That doesn't solve the problem. I HAVE to power the Super Nt off and on. And this is only on the Super Nt. Both my SNES Jr and SNES full size don't have this issue.
Any thoughts or recommendations other than power cycling? Can this be fixed via firmware?

On First Boot - Glitched: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/909/26656717787_1f67caac44_b.jpg

After Power Cycle - UNGlitched: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/937/26656712877_b67672ea93_b.jpg

-Rob

Which version of the sd2snes do you have and where did you buy it?

Hey Guys,

-Rob

Did you try the "launch system timing" option under hardware settings? This option is required for some flash carts and cheat devices to operate.

Which version of the sd2snes do you have and where did you buy it?

I bought the SD2SNES second hand, so I don't know from where it was purchased. However, I got the following from the SD2SNES System Information screen:

Firmware version: 0.1.7e

SD Maker/OEM: 0x03, "SD"

SD Product Name: "SE32G", Rev. 8.0

SD Serial No.: xxxxxxxx, Mfd. 2016/04

SD acc. time: 0.297 / 0.863 ms avg/max

Card usage: 18101MB / 30424MB

CIC state: SuperCIC detected, not used

SNES master clock: 21442203Hz

CPU Rev.: 2

PPU1 Rev.: 1

PPU2 Rev.: 3

My Super Nt firmware is the official 4.5 version.

I bought the SD2SNES second hand, so I don't know from where it was purchased. However, I got the following from the SD2SNES System Information screen:

You need to open it up and see what version it is, top right on one of it's sides. If it doesn't play a msu rom then it is prob fake.

Got another HDMI switch, and its working now. Needed one with an external power.

I guess there are more ounch in the current on a HiDef NES with a real 7805 that can supply the power needed. Since there is no regulation(?) on the SNT it will be more sensitive. Well, i suppose there is some 3.3 regulation.. But that does not count in this case. :)

Minor thing to point out, but an NES with the Hi-Def NES installed does not use the original regulator, the Hi-Def NES brings it's own switching supply to power the entire NES, and the original regulator is disconnected.

Can you open it up?

:

Edited by F34R

Minor thing to point out, but an NES with the Hi-Def NES installed does not use the original regulator, the Hi-Def NES brings it's own switching supply to power the entire NES, and the original regulator is disconnected.

Im very well aware of that. BUT its a real 7805, feeding 12Vish and get a stable 5V internally.

SNT are needed 5V directly and depends on more the external power supply. The SNTs power design had one thing in mind, cost.

This was my point. :)

Not that it makes a difference here but in HDMI neither PAL nor NTSC matter and being the SuperNt HDMI only for now .....

With "support for PAL60" do you mean 60Hz and region check bypass?

[from your links it seems that once one chooses PAL the PPU is at 50Hz no matter the output, and NTSC has it at 60Hz, but you want to play actual PAL games at 60Hz?]

If I may ask what's the list of games that benefit from running at 60Hz and are PAL only (and I mean there's no NTSC version that is as good)?

I am NOT being controversial, I'm sure there are games that were PAL only or for which the PAL version was different enough to be wanting to play them AND they can run fine at 60Hz.

I honestly don't know, (pal only) there's terranigma that I know of.

My point is i'd just like to be able to you my carts instead of jb with us roms :| (most pal carts benefit from running at 60Hz, even if an us equivalent exists)

Edit : found a list online of pal exclusive games (not sure if accurate) : (not arguing if those games are good or not, most aren't, in my book, but, yeah, haha)

90 Minutes European Prime Goal

Adventures of Tintin: Prisoners of the Sun

Archer Maclean's Super Dropzone

Asterix

Asterix & Obelix

Cannon Fodder

Champions World Class Socce

Daze before Christmas

Dino Dini's Soccer

Dirt Racer

Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension

Dragon Ball Z: La Legende SAIEN

Dragon Ball Z: Super Butouden

Dragon Ball Z: Ultime Menace

F1 Pole Position 2

F1 World Championship Edition

FIFA Road to World Cup 98

Firemen, The

Hebereke's Popoitto

Hebereke's Popoon

Humans, The

Hungry Dinosaurs

Jelly Boy

K.H. Rummenigge's Player Manager / Kevin Keegan's Player Manager

Kick Off

Kick Off 3: European Challenge

Lothar Matthaeus Super Soccer / Manchester United Championship Soccer

Lucky Luke

Lufia Including Guide)??

Marko's Magic Football

Mega-Lo-Mania

Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament

Might and Magic II

Operation Starfish

Parodius

Pop'n TwinBee

Pop'n TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventures

Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods

Power Drive

PowerMonger

Putty Squad

Sailormoon

Sensible Soccer: European Champions

Smash Tennis

Smurfs, The

Smurfs, The: Travel the World

Spirou

Street Fighter II Turbo Limited Edition

Super Bomberman 3

Super Dany

Super Ice Hockey

Super International Cricket

Super Morph

Syvalion

Terranigma

Theme Park

Tintin in Tibet

Turbo Toons

Virtual Soccer

Waterworld

Whirlo

Winter Gold

World Class Rugby

World Masters Golf

Worms

• Like 1

I honestly don't know, (pal only) there's terranigma that I know of.

My point is i'd just like to be able to you my carts instead of jb with us roms :| (most pal carts benefit from running at 60Hz, even if an us equivalent exists)

Edit : found a list online of pal exclusive games (not sure if accurate) : (not arguing if those games are good or not, most aren't, in my book, but, yeah, haha)

90 Minutes European Prime Goal

Adventures of Tintin: Prisoners of the Sun

Archer Maclean's Super Dropzone

Asterix

Asterix & Obelix

Cannon Fodder

Champions World Class Socce

Daze before Christmas

Dino Dini's Soccer

Dirt Racer

Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension

Dragon Ball Z: La Legende SAIEN

Dragon Ball Z: Super Butouden

Dragon Ball Z: Ultime Menace

F1 Pole Position 2

F1 World Championship Edition

FIFA Road to World Cup 98

Firemen, The

Hebereke's Popoitto

Hebereke's Popoon

Humans, The

Hungry Dinosaurs

Jelly Boy

K.H. Rummenigge's Player Manager / Kevin Keegan's Player Manager

Kick Off

Kick Off 3: European Challenge

Lothar Matthaeus Super Soccer / Manchester United Championship Soccer

Lucky Luke

Lufia Including Guide)??

Marko's Magic Football

Mega-Lo-Mania

Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament

Might and Magic II

Operation Starfish

Parodius

Pop'n TwinBee

Pop'n TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventures

Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods

Power Drive

PowerMonger

Putty Squad

Sailormoon

Sensible Soccer: European Champions

Smash Tennis

Smurfs, The

Smurfs, The: Travel the World

Spirou

Street Fighter II Turbo Limited Edition

Super Bomberman 3

Super Dany

Super Ice Hockey

Super International Cricket

Super Morph

Syvalion

Terranigma

Theme Park

Tintin in Tibet

Turbo Toons

Virtual Soccer

Waterworld

Whirlo

Winter Gold

World Class Rugby

World Masters Golf

Worms

that list is not pal exclusive but games released in pal territory not available in na. popntwinbee asterix and others definitely came out in japan and are likely cheaper than their pal equivalent, and should run fine on north american snes, at 60hz. the list gets much smaller when you remove titles released in japan (that dont present a language barrier) and moreso when you remove europe centric sports titles.

I think you are just hoarder and never play them

Well, yoiu thought wrong my friend... I've played a game of some form almost every day since the 70's.

I've been gaming since my awesome father bought us a Pong clone in 1977, and really started appreciating, and collecting my own games starting with the Colecovision in 1982. That's why I would really love to be able to play those games in HD on the Super Nt. (hoping!)

Here's the first picture of my collection in February 1986.

The day SMB was released here in Upstate NY.

(And I finally got all of those NES Black Box games too.) If you look closely you can also see some Vic-20, Colecovision, Vectex games, a Nintendo Popeye Game & Watch, and even an '85 pre-Deluxe Set NES w/R.O.B.

1986-nes1.jpg

This is where I beat all of the classic NES games (I did play a lot then!) Beating Zelda, Mike Tyson, Kid Icarus, Metroid. Ninja Gaiden,Mega Man, Solomon's Key, Contra, and the list goes on and on!

1986-nes2.jpg

These are my original Zelda dungeon maps, made 31 years ago. I was proud to have beaten it without any help whatsoever. It was very satisfying!

zzLegendOfZeldaMapsFrom1987-01-vgo.jpg

I also used to have my game systems connected to my VCR in the 80's so I could record the endings. It was also handy for recording game passwords which were extremely long.. Like Metroid and Kid Icarus.

VHS_Video_Game_Videos-05_NESb-vgo.jpg

I still play (a couple of hours each night) and have 22 systems connected to TV in the living room, and another 10 connected in my bedroom.

LivingRoomSetup.jpg

So maybe I do hoard games, but I certainly play them as well! :)

• Like 7

awesome reply but he already got booted from this thead. enjoy your epic games collection!

Dude wasn't even worth such an epic response.

What awesome pictures, spoonman!

Yeah, I saw that as I was already posting. I didn't know if it was a temp ban on him or not.

I felt like posting something anyway. No biggie.

• Like 3

Well, yoiu thought wrong my friend... I've played a game of some form almost every day since the 70's.

I've been gaming since my awesome father bought us a Pong clone in 1977, and really started appreciating, and collecting my own games starting with the Colecovision in 1982. That's why I would really love to be able to play those games in HD on the Super Nt. (hoping!)

Here's the first picture of my collection in February 1986.

The day SMB was released here in Upstate NY.

(And I finally got all of those NES Black Box games too.) If you look closely you can also see some Vic-20, Colecovision, Vectex games, a Nintendo Popeye Game & Watch, and even an '85 pre-Deluxe Set NES w/R.O.B.

\

This is where I beat all of the classic NES games (I did play a lot then!) Beating Zelda, Mike Tyson, Kid Icarus, Metroid. Ninja Gaiden,Mega Man, Solomon's Key, Contra, and the list goes on and on!

\

These are my original Zelda dungeon maps, made 31 years ago. I was proud to have beaten it without any help whatsoever. It was very satisfying!

\

I also used to have my game systems connected to my VCR in the 80's so I could record the endings. It was also handy for recording game passwords which were extremely long.. Like Metroid and Kid Icarus.

\

I still play (a couple of hours each night) and have 22 systems connected to TV in the living room, and another 10 connected in my bedroom.

So maybe I do hoard games, but I certainly play them as well! :)

LOL, between this forum and console purist page on Facebook you always try to find any excuse to post your collection lol. It reminds me of Parents who always bring out the pictures of their kids even when nobody asked them too.

Not hating lol, just messing with you.

The Analogue NT Mini is back in stock!!!!

https://www.analogue.co/pages/nt-mini/

Um, April Fooools was like 3 weeks ago... :roll:

Was about to post asking if they got new old stock of the nes30 controllers or a new substitute, then saw the oos sign. Even if it was still in stock, $500 is too much to ask. I'd like to formally request a redesign without the alu shell (shiny new plastic, and they can do black, clear, Famicom, or NES colors) and hdmi outputs only...

The Analogue NT Mini is back in stock!!!!

https://www.analogue.co/pages/nt-mini/

That wasn't even funny

Um, April Fooools was like 3 weeks ago... :roll:

Was about to post asking if they got new old stock of the nes30 controllers or a new substitute, then saw the oos sign. Even if it was still in stock, $500 is too much to ask. I'd like to formally request a redesign without the alu shell (shiny new plastic, and they can do black, clear, Famicom, or NES colors) and hdmi outputs only...

I think for many that missed the NT Mini a redesigned plastic shell cheaper model would be great, but for me, I would still buy the $500 model even if there was a cheaper plastic nt mini. It's the Ultimate NES that will never be built again. I'm so glad I bought mine.

Edited by RetrogamerX