1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Yeah, I've had to make sure that I wasn't missing anything important here.

Of course I keep checking back for 1 of 3 things..**

1. 8-bit system cores added to Super Nt.

2. Scanlines overhaul added to Super Nt. Kevtris has said he was going to redo them so they look a bit more realistic.

3. Enhancement chip support added to Super Nt jailbreak.

**In order of personal priority.

• Like 2

Sorry to insist, guys, but now that the thread has became slower... Do you have an idea on when will Analogue do another batch of Super NT SF model? I am waiting for that model, as it matches the PAL Snes color scheme and that's what I always had, PAL Snes.

They said around May: https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/360002194972-Super-Nt-Restocks-and-Nt-mini-Availability

Best keep an eye out if you want one.

"kevtris, Where art thou?"

He's obviously working on Analogue's next system--a dedicated Cougar Boy console, machined from a brick of titanium.

Ummm, Cougar Boy--with 8k upscaling. That's got to be it.

Check out these spy shots--what else could it be?

VpTHJKom.jpg

I'm recovering from eye surgery, and it'd be hard to source as nice a stuff as I'm on from the streets.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

He's obviously working on Analogue's next system--a dedicated Cougar Boy console, machined from a brick of titanium.

Ummm, Cougar Boy--with 8k upscaling. That's got to be it.

You entitled prick, Stop stating your opinion as fact, you don't actually know that for sure, you're just assuming. Gosh... I hate it when people make... jokes.. :-D

• Like 4

You entitled prick, Stop stating your opinion as fact, you don't actually know that for sure, you're just assuming. Gosh... I hate it when people make... jokes.. :-D

If you knew it was a joke, then why get defensive?

You do realise the Cougar Boy is also a transformer that doubles as a robot maid to straighten up your game room (and make breakfast) when you're not actively playing. The AI and other technology involved in it's creation is not cheap, but Kevtris is currently working with an undisclosed Japanese robotics firm to make Reaperman's dreambot a reality.

"kevtris, Where art thou?"

His silence indicates he's working on top secret stuff. The hamsters that power his brain are busy spinning their wheels. No time to stop and blog about the awesomeness he's creating. ;-)
  • Like 2

His silence indicates he's working on top secret stuff. The hamsters that power his brain are busy spinning their wheels. No time to stop and blog about the awesomeness he's creating. ;-)

Or....he is simply working on what he said he would be working on.... new scanlines.

Yeah I'm kicking around, reading the thread every day but busy working on stuff I can't talk about :-)

Alright let's prepare the wallet to buy this new thing you are building, the last 2 times you were working on thing you were not allowed to talk about in this thread we got the Nt Mini and then the Super Nt .... enough said.

• Like 1

Alright let's prepare the wallet to buy this new thing you are building, the last 2 times you were working on thing you were not allowed to talk about in this thread we got the Nt Mini and then the Super Nt .... enough said.

Well, there is a possibility we might get some awesome stuff we don't even need to pay for. Wouldn't be the first time. But logic says some payed stuff should also be comming too.

• Like 2

I finally walked into the realm of the FPGA console solutions this week. Super NT arrived yesterday, just got a tracking for the hdmi (kevtris/game-tech) modded NES top loader that will be heading back my way too. I've gone mostly HDMI with my old stuff outside of the N64 and the PCEngine.

• Like 1

I finally walked into the realm of the FPGA console solutions this week. Super NT arrived yesterday, just got a tracking for the hdmi (kevtris/game-tech) modded NES top loader that will be heading back my way too. I've gone mostly HDMI with my old stuff outside of the N64 and the PCEngine.

Get your N64 modded. It is so worth it... ;-)

So...we are still calling the eventual FPGA Sega Genesis the....Mega NT? Absolutely silly.

For the final time, "NT" does not spell Nintendo. Why do people always assume this? :roll:

Neither one of you knows one way or another, so don't get in such a tizzy over a placeholder name for a product that may or may not become reality from Kevtris and Analogue.

• Like 1

Mega NT always reminds me of kids saying "let's play the Sega Nintendo" when they actually meant Megadrive not knowing "Nintendo" isn't the universal word for a video game console.

Edited by kwnage

To me anyways, if I wanted a two letter Super Nintendo acronym, I think I'd go with SN. In that form or extended to SNS for Nintendo's product codes, it's one that has actually seen some usage like with my ASCII arcade stick that incorporates it right in the name. NT on the other hand doesn't particularly bring Nintendo to mind for me.

And even if Analogue's thinking with NT is what LewisD is so sure it was (And Lewis very well may be right on the money with his belief), it doesn't mean that they're going to let their hands be tied by it. They've established a bit of a naming convention here with NT. People see those two letters and immediately think of Analogue's products.

So even if NT equates to Nintendo when they first used those two letters, they may not want to ignore that value they've created with a future non-Nintendo associated product. They've never publicly acknowledged what, if anything, those two letters are supposed to mean. So they're free to use it as they see fit without appearing to contradict themselves.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Have you guys ever heard of Occums razor? The simplest explaination is always the correct one.

Analogue decides to make their own NES FPGA clone, but needs a name that identifies it as being based on Nintendo hardware without using their trademarks = NT

Analogue decides to make a Super Nintendo FPGA clone = Super NT

Do you see a pattern? Can you honestly tell me that the simplest explaination for the name NT is that it means new tech and not Nintendo?

• Like 2