1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

... The core store is pretty much lacking value to most. .... Core Store is nothing but a fluffy perk, an option, not a requirement for enjoyment. .....

Say what?

Do you think the recent high prices fetched on eBay are all from people that want a NES at 1080p and that's it? (for as beautiful as that may be, you can do that cheaper with an XRGB Mini and a modded NES and an EDN8, the total would set you back less than the latest prices)

Remember that without JB FW sideload of NES ROMs is also gone afaik so all of the cart mappers cores are to be taken out too (and their nice sound support which kevtris excels at).

Nt mini fetches the price it does because of the Core store and all that it enables (first and foremost NES cart SD load maybe, to some).

Someone a zillion pages or so (and back at a point when Kevtris was more active in this thread) showed evidence that the NT Mini wasn't reading the RAM adapter properly, so I believe that Kevtris is aware. It's just a matter of when he'll have time to work on the NT Mini again.

Thank you, I knew someone mentioned it ages ago but wasn't sure if Kevtris saw it and I couldn't find the exact page anymore.

Really hope this and the broken PAL composite will get fixed in the future.

I appreciate the tip! Will keep that on the radar. They seem to be catching up on the machines supported. Unfortunately for me it looks like the genesis core has no sound yet. So close!

The Genesis core does have sound. Where did you read otherwise?

Edited by Newsdee

So I've finally received my RAM adapter today and wanted to try it out with this: http://magicwildcard.com/

which is basically a microSD version of the FDS Stick. The RAM adapter itself works fine, as does the Magic Wild Card since both loaded without issues on two different AV Famicom consoles.

However, when trying to use them on the NT Mini on the other hand, i'm getting this:

GdXHgRV.png

I guess I got unlucky and picked one of the revisions that doesn't play nicely with the NT Mini...

Anyone got any other ideas on what the problem could be?

Also, mine is one of the ealier models of RAM adapters with a smooth top shell. For anyone who has one and an Nt Mini without issues, what kind do you have?

Are Analogue / Kevtris aware of this? Have they said anything about maybe fixing it in the future? I know Kevtris is busy right now and I'm not trying to push for an update immediate but a fix sometime in the future would be appreciated.

Could you try out the following and report back the BIOS version? I suspect it is the older one?

https://tcrf.net/Family_Computer_Disk_System

• Like 1

Could you try out the following and report back the BIOS version? I suspect it is the older one?

https://tcrf.net/Family_Computer_Disk_System

Pretty sure it's the older one though since the PCB also still has the individual chips that later got combined into a single Nintendo branded one in newer models. I'll check to make sure though once I get home.

Edited by infinest

Sorry for double posting but I can't edit my previous post anymore.

Anyways, color me surprised. I was actually wrong in assuming it'd be the old BIOS.

XCNxbIE.jpg

The next photo isn't mine but this is what mine looks like on the inside. From what I've seen, there also seems to be one with 1 big D-RAM instead of 4 small ones, though I'm not sure if that has anything to do with compatibility with the Nt Mini:

OvVpdg6.jpg

I posted some tests with 2 FDS RAM adaptors (which failed on the NT mini) and 3 different FDS drive/devices earlier last year. Kevin himself said that "all he has to do" is filter the IRQ on the NT mini, but we're still waiting for some kind of fix. Kevtris... hint, hint, nudge, nudge, punch, punch. :|

My posts:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/page-109?do=findComment&comment=3738175

and http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/page-95?do=findComment&comment=3723160

and http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/page-93?do=findComment&comment=3722264

I posted some tests with 2 FDS RAM adaptors (which failed on the NT mini) and 3 different FDS drive/devices earlier last year. Kevin himself said that "all he has to do" is filter the IRQ on the NT mini, but we're still waiting for some kind of fix. Kevtris... hint, hint, nudge, nudge, punch, punch. :|

My posts:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/page-109?do=findComment&comment=3738175

and http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/page-95?do=findComment&comment=3723160

and http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/page-93?do=findComment&comment=3722264

How do the sd RAM adapters run on the avs? Brian posted a photo somewhere of an fds shoehorned into the avs famicom cart slot. It fits, barely... :P

Wow, thanks for the list, i definitely missed that first post there.

Kind of weird how you had trouble with so many of your devices while some seem to just have gone out, buy one and ended up being lucky.

If i got everything right we do know what the problem is with the communication between the Nt Mini and the RAM adapter but it seems that some devices aren't prone to it and we don't exactly know how to tell which ones will or will not work?

Here's a video of the MiSTer core:

Well that doesn't look great. I must be missing something, the DE10-nano outputs HDMI,

and in that video I'm seeing something that looks quite a bit worse than a stock genesis.

Is there some kind of composite conversion going on there? Stock genesis comparison via scart+framemeister.

edit (side by side)

48PQrOJt.png

Edited by Reaperman

Well that doesn't look great. I must be missing something, the DE10-nano outputs HDMI,

and in that video I'm seeing something that looks quite a bit worse than a stock genesis.

Is there some kind of composite conversion going on there? Stock genesis comparison via scart+framemeister.

edit (side by side)

48PQrOJt.png

Looks like the luminance is clipping a lot. The FPGA is probably outputting full-range RGB, but the capture device used for the video was set to limited-range.

edit (side by side)

48PQrOJt.png

Here's my own capture, using default settings on my XCapture-1.

It looks a bit brighter if I increase contrast, but should be already better than the previous vid:

And here is a gameplay video at 1080p where I increased the contrast slightly.

It does the core much better justice :)

Edited by Newsdee
  • Like 1

You are grossly overestimating the demand for Neo Geo hardware.

How many kids/teens grew up with NES? SNES? Genesis? Tens of millions.

How many kids grew up with a Neo Geo in their bedroom? Not that many. Less than one million to be sure.

So I believe there would be a lot more demand for an FPGA Genesis than NEo Geo. There certainly are a lot more Genesis carts floating around for much cheaper compared to MVS/AES...

Absolutely. I'd buy an FPGA Genesis right now. Right now. Let's go!

• Like 1

I just hope Kevtris is doing well. Otherwise, whatever reason for the silence is, I don't really care.

He is prob doing something big. Prob that overholl of the scanlines. He did say if he would make a core it would take a couple of months. it's been a couple of months so maybe.