1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

He is prob doing something big. Prob that overholl of the scanlines. He did say if he would make a core it would take a couple of months. it's been a couple of months so maybe.

He is probably working on the next Analogue products (genesis fpga and/or dac).

Edited by cacophony
  • Like 2

He's not allowed to talk about what he's working on right now, so he's probably avoiding places where he would be tempted to talk about it.

He's developing the 68k cpu core for his upcoming Mega NT. Or MD Mini. Or Analogue does what Nin10don't. Whatever they decide to call it. You heard it from here first. :cool:

Dual cart slots. SMS + Genesis. FM sound. Slick black casing. 1080p 16-bit Sega bliss...

He's developing the 68k cpu core for his upcoming Mega NT. Or MD Mini. Or Analogue does what Nin10don't. Whatever they decide to call it. You heard it from here first. :cool:

Dual cart slots. SMS + Genesis. FM sound. Slick black casing. 1080p 16-bit Sega bliss...

I think it's safe to say it's a Sega Genesis/Mega drive FPGA clone since the Genesis mini will be available sion. I think it will have all the features of the super NT except for the dual slot though.

• Like 2

Kevtris did say that this is a great product but the only problem is it's incomplete.

It's not so much a product but an open source project; there are many people looking at it and is slowly being upgraded.

I'll admit that core developers aren't that common though, so progress can be random. But there has definitely been a lot of ground covered in the last three years.

It's clearly not for everybody but if you don't care about physical carts I would recommend it.

Edited by Newsdee

I need it to attach to the sega cd somehow. Or just be able to play cd games and 32x off a sd card if jailbraked which is already known to be hard and will need better and more expensive hardware. Im kinda happy with the framemister and my rgb genesis thou.
I really need turbo graphics in my life i don't own one yet sigh. I love shoot em ups and that system has a ton of them. im saving up for one but I hope a FPGA will take that money by then. it's kinda a costly expense for me after recaping, fixing and that attachment.

Edited by Deltax5

I need it to attach to the sega cd somehow. Or just be able to play cd games and 32x off a sd card if jailbraked which is already known to be hard and will need better and more expensive hardware. Im kinda happy with the framemister and my rgb genesis thou.

I really need turbo graphics in my life i don't own one yet sigh. I love shoot em ups and that system has a ton of them. im saving up for one but I hope a FPGA will take that money by then. it's kinda a costly expense for me after recaping, fixing and that attachment.

get a Turbografx; you won't regret it. As for the CD attachments for Sega and Turbo, I never bothered much with them. The base model Genesis 1 and chip Turbografx both generally don't need recaps, however nearly all Sega CDs and Turbo CDs/Duos do, plus there's the issue of rotten gears. People say I'm missing out on over half the Turbo/PCe library by not picking up a CD unit. I do have a pin adapter for PC Engine though. If anything I'd get a new CD emulator that piggybacks the PCe Coregrafx. And unlike the PCe scene, companies continued releasing great games on Genesis throughout most of it's lifespan and the Sega CD/32x basically got ignored.

Kevtris said that 32x / CD isn't feasible for a future Genesis FPGA, but SMS is due to backwards compatibility. Pin adapters should work for SMS/Game Gear/SG3000/1000, but here's hoping he adds the SMS slot in addition to the Genesis/Megadrive slot. It would make it a classic Sega powerhouse and take the sting out of no SCD/32x.

Just look at the sales data for SCD/32x compared to Genesis, and tell me if there's really that many people who had one growing up. Genesis carts are everywhere, cheap, and plentiful.

the super sd system 3 runs everything the pc engine/turbo graphics has. Also runs the cd games more efficient. So will I be good with a regular turbo graphics?. the device does rgb so no mods are necessary.

I need to start saving cause i gotta get a mvs with a super gun also. recapping is my mane consurn. i don't really know much places to look. I know a place and they told me they will do it for me if i provide the caps but they're expensive.

ALready bought a framemister and all the cables for my other systems.

Edited by Deltax5

the super sd system 3 runs everything the pc engine/turbo graphics has. Also runs the cd games more efficient. So will I be good with a regular turbo graphics?. the device does rgb so no mods are necessary.

I need to start saving cause i gotta get a mvs with a super gun also. recapping is my mane consurn. i don't really know much places to look. I know a place and they told me they will do it for me if i provide the caps but they're expensive.

ALready bought a framemister and all the cables for my other systems.

Any PC Engine or TurboGrafx 16, an AC adaptor, and a controller is all you need. MLiG's review showed that you have to loosen the shell to make it fit a TG16 but it's still electrically compatible, whatever the weirdness with the shape.

Nintendo doesn't really tug at my nostalgia strings like Sega does, so if kevtris is working on a Genesis FPGA system, I would plunk down the money on that where I didn't before. If it can play Sega CD games via optical drive or ISO, so much the better.

Edited by derFunkenstein

Thanks guys you guys saved me a bunch. It does rgb without modding right.

Bluetooth solutions controllers for your SNES and NES on displayed at E3 booth

8bitdo??? Details, details, details... I'm not watcing 5+ hours of e3 footage.

Any PC Engine or TurboGrafx 16, an AC adaptor, and a controller is all you need. MLiG's review showed that you have to loosen the shell to make it fit a TG16 but it's still electrically compatible, whatever the weirdness with the shape.

Nintendo doesn't really tug at my nostalgia strings like Sega does, so if kevtris is working on a Genesis FPGA system, I would plunk down the money on that where I didn't before. If it can play Sega CD games via optical drive or ISO, so much the better.

I may get the PCE-CD emulator eventually. Play img files on the sd card and never worry about flakey disc drives again. Might need to touch up the case with a dremel to make it fit the Turbo, but worth it imo.

Unfortunately it isn't that easy. Kevtris said there's no way he can reproduce the Sega CD currently. There's a lot more hardware in a Sega CD besides just some extra RAM and a CD drive like the PCe.

In reality the best option you can possibly get if you're going to go either the SSS3, UperGrafx2, or the Everdrive route would be a Japanese console, either version of the Core Grafx. That system is the most highly compatible, best base support for games too, and is the easiest to lock a modern 3rd party device onto it as well, plus isn't stuck using crappy RF either by default.

I got mine at the very first days of the year, and as much as it bugs me to even put it out there, I'm slowly starting to think it needs to go, much like the Wii and Dreamcast I had acquired a year or two earlier and got fed up using within the same time frame. Once the wow wore off it just sits and collects dust. I'm glad I never sunk the dough into a kit. I'd have better work of it using the cash to update my N64 with that Ultra HDMI kit.

8bitdo??? Details, details, details... I'm not watcing 5+ hours of e3 footage.

I may get the PCE-CD emulator eventually. Play img files on the sd card and never worry about flakey disc drives again. Might need to touch up the case with a dremel to make it fit the Turbo, but worth it imo.

Unfortunately it isn't that easy. Kevtris said there's no way he can reproduce the Sega CD currently. There's a lot more hardware in a Sega CD besides just some extra RAM and a CD drive like the PCe.

I fixed my post im sorry i ment to put hyperkin and it totally didn't kick.

In reality the best option you can possibly get if you're going to go either the SSS3, UperGrafx2, or the Everdrive route would be a Japanese console, either version of the Core Grafx. That system is the most highly compatible, best base support for games too, and is the easiest to lock a modern 3rd party device onto it as well, plus isn't stuck using crappy RF either by default.

I got mine at the very first days of the year, and as much as it bugs me to even put it out there, I'm slowly starting to think it needs to go, much like the Wii and Dreamcast I had acquired a year or two earlier and got fed up using within the same time frame. Once the wow wore off it just sits and collects dust. I'm glad I never sunk the dough into a kit. I'd have better work of it using the cash to update my N64 with that Ultra HDMI kit.

I've got a 3d-printed composite adapter I bought on Etsy. Has the trapezoidal plug that fits right into the back of my Turbografx. I've no use for native RGB as no display I own currently supports it. Our new TCL TV doesn't even have Component jacks. RF, Composite, or HDMI for everything (and the only console I own that hasn't been upgraded for composite is my 4-switch Atari).

Thanks guys you guys saved me a bunch. It does rgb without modding right.

hyperkin Bluetooth solutions controllers for your SNES and NES on displayed at E3 booth

attachicon.gifhyperkin controllers.jpg

So they are basically making a cheaper, junkier version of the 8bitdo. Got it.

8bitdo makes some excellent stuff. I've been using their SN30 Pro controller (NA purple/lavender) recently with the Switch. Seems they've only updated their product lines with a new ergonomic form factor and a veritable rainbow of colors. I think I'll keep what I got, thanks.

Regarding the ODEs for the PC-Engine, the SSD3 suffers from middling RGB and audio quality and the company behind it, TerraOnion, is rather hostile toward critics. The UperGrafx is more expensive and should have better video quality via DVI, but there aren't a lot of reviews of it and it is made by a Japanese developer. The Turbo EverDrive v2 is just a HuCard flash cart, it does not support any kind of Tennokoe save system or anything beyond a Super System Card. There is a promising device called the HuDebug that can simulate an ODE via the HuCard slot, but it is also being made by a Japanese developer.

I have to agree, 8bitdo has really outperformed the usual 'made in China' knock-off product. They're really high quality, and feel almost better than the original controller imo. However, I do wish they'd come out with a wired controller. But that's really probably just me.

As for input lag, I've done tests with both the 8bitdo and wired OEM on both my LED and CRT televisions. I honestly could not feel a difference, and the manual lag test showed no difference. I do believe, however, there is added lag to the bluetooth. But it's not enough to affect my performance in any noticeable way. But still, the OCD side of me wishes there would be a wired option.

I'm fine with the 8-bit Do pads for the most part but you have to admit they are way too sensitive on the diagonals (and yes I know about the tape fix but just saying). It's not really a factor for most games but there are certain times.. e.g. when climbing a vine in SMB2(US), it's pretty easy to veer left or right when all you're trying to do is push straight up. :lol: ... among other examples.

Edited by NE146

I know there's a lot more hardware in the Sega CD. Just how much extra hardware is quite impressive, really...another 68k CPU, another VDP, a multi-channel PCM audio chip, and relatively huge amounts of RAM. And probably hardware I'm forgetting still. But I still daydream. Just an ODE that replaces the laser in a Sega CD like Phoebe/Rhea/USB-GDROM would be cool, but I'm sure even that is a big challenge.