1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I tried asking this in the discord but it ended up getting buried.
Anyways, I dumped all of my carts using Copy SNES recently and the roms and their saves all seem to work perfectly on emulators and sd2snes. The only issue is the SRM file dumped from my Stunt Race FX doesn't seem to contain my save data. I tried dumping it several times, and using a number of different emulators but it always just loads the game as if there were no SRM file. Anyone else having issues with this?

Amazon has a handful of Like New SN30 controllers available in various colors, saves a lil bit of cash compared to the full asking price, save a smidge more if you go with a Very Good one (check description, probably cosmetic blemishes)

Famicom Style

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B075WS3B6H/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all&coliid=ITH8YNU2SV1DN&colid=2W6M845COXMY7

SNES Style

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B075WRZ6JB/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all&coliid=ITH8YNU2SV1DN&colid=2W6M845COXMY7

Black

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B075WRBK7Y/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all&coliid=ITH8YNU2SV1DN&colid=2W6M845COXMY7

It is not released. All he has shared is the YouTube video so far with no other info or ETA.

That is how word got out about the Super FX... youtube video was up, and some point after, the betas for FX support was released.

It will be cool if even only some SA-1 games are supported. Many have said that there wasn't room enough to add SA-1 support so I wonder if something else has to get taken out. I guess we shall see.

That is how word got out about the Super FX... youtube video was up, and some point after, the betas for FX support was released.

It will be cool if even only some SA-1 games are supported. Many have said that there wasn't room enough to add SA-1 support so I wonder if something else has to get taken out. I guess we shall see.

There probably isn't enough room to implement the full SA1 chip, but since no official game uses all SA1 features its no big deal.

It'll probably be a month or two before we get beta firmware.

It will probably be today, tomorrow, next week, in a few weeks or next year. You don't know. Nobody knows except maybe the person working on it. As of yet he has made no indication of when SD2SNES SA-1 firmware support will be released. So it's PROBABLY a good idea not to post misleading information like you have authority. Discord is where Redguy is posting his progress, if anyone wants to follow progress about SD2SNES SA-1 progress.

It will probably be today, tomorrow, next week, in a few weeks or next year. You don't know. Nobody knows except maybe the person working on it. As of yet he has made no indication of when SD2SNES SA-1 firmware support will be released. So it's PROBABLY a good idea not to post misleading information like you have authority. Discord is where Redguy is posting his progress, if anyone wants to follow progress about SD2SNES SA-1 progress.

You having a bad day? Why don't you take your attitude somewhere else buddy. I didn't claim authority, so calm yourself. I'm simply stating implementing SA1 will take some time, so don't expect beta firmware anytime soon. If it does get released sooner, awesome, but don't get your hopes up.

• Like 2

I am sure when redguy feels it is ready enough, a beta release will be posted for people to try out. It is all volunteer work, so one cannot give it a time frame. Soon would be nice, but we have waited this long and another few months or whatever is fine.

About games not using all of SA-1's capabilities.... that is what I have been reading as well.

I am sure when redguy feels it is ready enough, a beta release will be posted for people to try out. It is all volunteer work, so one cannot give it a time frame. Soon would be nice, but we have waited this long and another few months or whatever is fine.

About games not using all of SA-1's capabilities.... that is what I have been reading as well.

Yep, probably the main reason why he's able to get SA1 to work. Just simply implement only what the games need in order to fit on the FPGA. Perhaps most assumed including myself that you needed to implement the whole SA1 chip, which is why SA1 seemed like a pipe dream.

yeah, Byuu responded to a reddit thread and mentioned there are some SA-1 functions not used by any retail games, to quote:

"With limited gates, leaving out 65816 emulation mode is definitely a good idea. Not a single SNES game uses emulation mode longer than quickly switching out of it on reset, let alone an SA1 game. BCD I couldn't say for sure, but it's probably? unlikely to be used.

SA1 H/V timers aren't used for anything. One of the CCDMA modes is used by SMRPG, the other by the two golf games. VBR is used by Jumpin' Derby. That's all I recall offhand."
being feature complete for the sake of homebrew would be cool I guess, but i'd take having all possible chipsets available on demand than features no retail games even use

Definitely. If the SA1 was more a security lockout with the game spread around to stop thieves in the era with it using so little of the chip other than for a specific mode or channel of some fragment of it, why ever bother doing the entire thing if the hardware isn't there to support it? That may be why that never got handled because of just tunnel vision taking a narrow view instead of realizing it's a waste of space that isn't there to waste. SA1 may only never have been added for years now thinking that way instead of just adding the necessary instead of the totality of it.

Definitely. If the SA1 was more a security lockout with the game spread around to stop thieves in the era with it using so little of the chip other than for a specific mode or channel of some fragment of it, why ever bother doing the entire thing if the hardware isn't there to support it? That may be why that never got handled because of just tunnel vision taking a narrow view instead of realizing it's a waste of space that isn't there to waste. SA1 may only never have been added for years now thinking that way instead of just adding the necessary instead of the totality of it.

Sorry but this is just not right.

There was no tunnel vision, they were not a bunch of stupid people arseing around.

This redguy seems to be an outstanding FPGA developer and it's doing all of us a favor but he's literally one of a very very few.

The result of his work would for sure spur out more implementations (given all the code for SD2SNES is Open Source anyhow) so in time we will have more refined versions if need be.

I don't think anyone had narrow view or anything, just that there are not that many FPGA developers that are interested in retro-consoles and even less that contribute for free to someone else's project.

The more talented onew want to release commercial products (can't blame them) so they tend to prefer the DYI route, given 99% of the sales happen without 100% compat can't blame them for delaying some of the stuff especially if the differential is marginal in terms of sales but it would take quite some time to develop .... I seriously doubt redguy woke up 2 months ago and decided "let's do SuperFX" ... bam done ..... maybe he has been toying with it for long and refined it over time, like the CoreStore that kevtris developed over the past 10Y or so, was that tunnel vision of everyone else as well?

Sure you can feel that way and I will feel the way I care to. I'm not calling them stupid, but people tend get stuck and eventually just don't think out of the box, get bored and move on. I mean unless you have some evidence they attempted along the lines of what redguy did and just failed then I'd take that back. Redguy is just a genius at this stuff and sees things a whole other way and it's rapidly paying off for those who own or wished to own the SD2SNES but couldn't justify the price over the everdrive.

I called also tunnelvision given the maker of the very device said the SA1 wouldn't work and couldn't, yet there we go, and FX was just stuck looking about the same too and it's already public. Sometimes people just don't see the answer, it's not a judgement call on them being dimwits or anything.

Wow I just downloaded the new firmware from the SD2SNES page and Super FX works brilliantly. I thought it would be glitchy, but is it just me or is this not perfect? Played Starfox, Starfox 2, Doom, Yoshis Island... it's all good!