1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

There probably isn't enough room to implement the full SA1 chip, but since no official game uses all SA1 features its no big deal.

Like how the Everdrive snd Powerpak both barely supported mmc5, so that Castlevania iii ran but nothing else. We might get Super Mario RPG, but no Kirby, no Talking Parodius, no Panic Bomber, and whatever else of note used it...

While we are on the topic, somebody had better get that one game Virtua Racing runing on the Mega Everdrive. Lolololol...

Like how the Everdrive snd Powerpak both barely supported mmc5, so that Castlevania iii ran but nothing else. We might get Super Mario RPG, but no Kirby, no Talking Parodius, no Panic Bomber, and whatever else of note used it...

While we are on the topic, somebody had better get that one game Virtua Racing runing on the Mega Everdrive. Lolololol...

RedGuy has pretty much confirmed both Kirby games seem to be working. Which are the SA-1 games I mostly care about anyways.

Quote by Redguy from Discord.

"I will probably miss several questions. Here's a short summary:

- It's not complete. I'm still trying to fit all the dma stuff plus several other features

- The kirbys work. The fishing game seems to work along with some of the others that don't use dma or interrupts extensively. smrpg works up until the level up screen which uses character conversion dma. I'm working on that now. Most other games are untested and probably broken right now.

- I don't think msu will fit. Will have to check when more games work.

- The 65816 is mostly implemented, but not well tested. Emulation mode is probably broken. BCD format is missing. All the weird memory addressing modes and native instructions are implemented, though."

Edited by SegaSnatcher

Hmm, someone who is a wizard with FPGA's just knocked two long standing chips out of the park huh... and Kevtris, someone who's a wizard with FPGA's has been super busy and not posting shit on here for weeks... hmm...

Is it possible that...

Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!!

Uh, I mean, is Redguy Kevin's alter ego? Working undercover for some reason?

• Like 1

I can confirm one thing, not kevtris. Picante awhile back put various cash bounties for specific chips the SD2SNES didn't do. The two big ones were the SA1 and GSU1/2 (FX.) $1000 tag on that. Picante tried to pay the redguy, he refused it and had it setup to be turned over to a childrens charity.

https://clips.twitch.tv/StrongPluckyCattleBloodTrail

It's a clip, you can hear it on a 15sec spot or so but it's kind of muffled.

• Like 1

I can confirm one thing, not kevtris. Picante awhile back put various cash bounties for specific chips the SD2SNES didn't do. The two big ones were the SA1 and GSU1/2 (FX.) $1000 tag on that. Picante tried to pay the redguy, he refused it and had it setup to be turned over to a childrens charity.

I salute redguy for refusing to get paid for work that he seems to have achieved and donate it to charity. A real class act.

Thanks for your contributions.

• Like 1

I have two questions on the NT mini.

1: Does the save function work on Game Boy Games? I saved during pokemon & upon resetting the console it was gone.

2: I'm randomly getting a weird glitch on startup when the controller doesn't function (can't scroll through any menus), & mashing buttons makes the console reset to the Logo where it hangs. Powering the console on & off repeatedly seems to fix this. What kind of issue does this sound like? I'm on the most recent jailbroken firmware.

What exactly do you confirm?

I am not saying redguy is or is not kevtris as I do not know but in that video you linked we do not hear anyone speaking that is either Picante or Redguy.

To be clear just stating that the link posted only proves that Redguy asked Picante to donate the money, nothing else.

Unless you know Picante and have some other source any speculation on who is who is left open. I don't follow the discord group so I have no evidence of their interactions.

Me personally I do not have an opinion/guess as to who is who, I venture you lean towards they being two different people others are not so sure.

Wrt "thinking outside the box", the first N64 emu was based on HLE at the time a very novel concept that really only emulated what was strictly needed for Mario64 at first and added a few others over time. Most of the emulators authors in the '90 were "thinking outside the box" check ZSNES and SNES9x, in more recent times the work on the flash carts has always been to first get it to work then see if that's enough or not (I mean wrt mappers and whatnot). So nothing really new conceptually.

In this specific case very few aside Ikari contributed anything to his project albeit it's all open, Ikari himself if I remember correctly had 2 kids in the meantime and that for sure put a giant dent on his free time (as in he has close to none) ... I don't know what the background of Redguy is but for sure he did/is doing a phenomenal job for free. I like to think that most of the things we can enjoy today wrt SNES are thanks to byuu and his stubbornness to reverse engineer the SENS and each and every special chip/game for it in existence, that and whoever along the way helped in paying for decapping the chips so he could write bsnes/higan .... and all the others before and after that either for free or commercially allowed us spectators on the wayside to play these games without needing to own either original hardware or the original carts both of which which are now reaching 25+ years of age and ridiculous prices.

I have two questions on the NT mini.

1: Does the save function work on Game Boy Games? I saved during pokemon & upon resetting the console it was gone.

2: I'm randomly getting a weird glitch on startup when the controller doesn't function (can't scroll through any menus), & mashing buttons makes the console reset to the Logo where it hangs. Powering the console on & off repeatedly seems to fix this. What kind of issue does this sound like? I'm on the most recent jailbroken firmware.

1. Yes it does. I've set my option so that it asks every time wether or not i want to save since I don't want it to reset my game everytime i go to the menu and it saves.

• Save ingame
  • Go back to menu
  • Click yes when it asks you to backup save ram

2. The NES30 controller i got with my NT Mini seems to be broken in some way. After some time of use it will start massively lagging. Like +1 Second of input lag. So maybe try using another controller if you're using the one it came with.

My old FC30 I bought myself for example works without any issues.

Hi all. I'm trying to determine if my Super NT has a problem. Approximately 5-10 seconds after I boot it up the screen goes blank for 1-3 seconds. This behavior is consistent and repeatable. It does this also intermittently even after the initial bootup. I've tested different HDMI cables and it made no difference. Anyone else seeing this or have any ideas what could be causing it? Thanks in advance

Edited by mario64

I wasn't confirming kevtris=redguy or anything, just that redguy is a kind and generous type. The way that was written I see now could be read more than one way. You got the point as you said the clip only provides proof he didn't take the money and had it donated.

Also I was there with UltraHLE I remember it well. I happened to also be an irc efnet channel operator at the time and the howling early era of rudeness and personal entitlement started to show up with the younger group demanding ROMS left and right and in some cases for it to be setup so an idiot could use it at a button press. Much use of the furious ban hammer came into play for weeks. That emulator was a marvel and the roots of it for better and in some cases worse have stuck around for way too long still causing some emulation problems to drag out for nearly 20 years with N64 through its use. That said it did way far more good than harm.

RedGuy has pretty much confirmed both Kirby games seem to be working. Which are the SA-1 games I mostly care about anyways.

Quote by Redguy from Discord.

"I will probably miss several questions. Here's a short summary:

- It's not complete. I'm still trying to fit all the dma stuff plus several other features

- The kirbys work. The fishing game seems to work along with some of the others that don't use dma or interrupts extensively. smrpg works up until the level up screen which uses character conversion dma. I'm working on that now. Most other games are untested and probably broken right now.

- I don't think msu will fit. Will have to check when more games work.

- The 65816 is mostly implemented, but not well tested. Emulation mode is probably broken. BCD format is missing. All the weird memory addressing modes and native instructions are implemented, though."

Does Chatting Parodius work?

• Like 1

I wasn't confirming kevtris=redguy or anything, just that redguy is a kind and generous type. The way that was written I see now could be read more than one way. You got the point as you said the clip only provides proof he didn't take the money and had it donated.

Also I was there with UltraHLE I remember it well. I happened to also be an irc efnet channel operator at the time and the howling early era of rudeness and personal entitlement started to show up with the younger group demanding ROMS left and right and in some cases for it to be setup so an idiot could use it at a button press. Much use of the furious ban hammer came into play for weeks. That emulator was a marvel and the roots of it for better and in some cases worse have stuck around for way too long still causing some emulation problems to drag out for nearly 20 years with N64 through its use. That said it did way far more good than harm.

Bigger issue IMO is the N64 hacking community basically ignores requests to fix their broken hacks to work on real hardware. Even the guy behind Toad's Tool 64 seems reluctant or unwilling to fix the decompression tool to not use odd indexing (which the emulators can access but real hardware cannot), and other similar issues. And when the flash cart people from Krikzz.com came over to complain to the authors of the tools, they laughed because why would anyone want to run hacks on real hardware?

For a (long and) detailed explanation, start at:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5711

then

https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=86336&

and

https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=78265

Altogether it's a very detailed explanation as to why so few Super Mario 64 hacks work on real N64s, and why so little seems to be done to fix this problem.

But basically, N64 emulation has always been inaccurate (for some strange reason, you can emulate a Gamecube more accurately than you can an N64, at the moment!) and so when the Super Mario 64 emulator was written it was only tested on emulators, and worked OK. At the time, running the editor on a real N64 wasn't possible for the author of the editor, as it would have needed an expensive and hard to find CD-based 'back up' device. And people used the SM64 editor to create game hacks, that worked fine on emulators.

Then when people tried to play the hacks on real N64s they failed. Turns out the emulators allowed certain things that the real N64 would crash over. So when you run the hacks on an N64 then it just crashes (the problem isn't down to the Everdrive 64, it's the N64 itself that can't run the hacks. Plus some hacks do more than a real N64 could do anyway, having more detail on screen, or larger worlds, etc.

Anyway, it would be possible to alter the SM64 editor so that it produces hacks that work on a real N64, but apparently the person who has the source code for the editor won't do it, as he doesn't think it's worthwhile. And fixing individual hacks to work would require a lot of work from someone with a fair bit of N64-related technical skill.

Not a good situation at all. Have a read on the links I've posted to learn more.

Real clusterfuck if you ask me. Some really amazing hacks out there but they are all completely broken. :sad:

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5901.0

Hi all. I'm trying to determine if my Super NT has a problem. Approximately 5-10 seconds after I boot it up the screen goes blank for 1-3 seconds. This behavior is consistent and repeatable. It does this also intermittently even after the initial bootup. I've tested different HDMI cables and it made no difference. Anyone else seeing this or have any ideas what could be causing it? Thanks in advance

Ive noticed the behavior after 5-10 seconds like you mentioned, but no issues after that. I would contact Analogue and get a replacement.

Thanks Lewis. So yours does this too? Did you get a replacement?

Perhaps a video of the issue would help diagnose it.

If you have the Super NT configured to boot to cartridge (with or without the splash screen) and nothing is in the slot, it will display black at the end of the loading sequence. Pressing the menu hotkey will pull up the menu.

If you cannot boot games or access a menu, I would try reflashing the firmware before requesting a replacement. If that doesn't work, contact Analogue.

Also this goes without saying, make sure your games and cart slot are clean. Qtips plus 91% or higher rubbing alcohol for the cart pins (denat. alc. also works if you get a can from the hardware store, and would probably be preferable as it is completely moisture free), and an alcohol soaked coffee filter over a credit card works well for cart slots. Contact cleaner and compressed air can also helps.

Perhaps a video of the issue would help diagnose it.

If you have the Super NT configured to boot to cartridge (with or without the splash screen) and nothing is in the slot, it will display black at the end of the loading sequence. Pressing the menu hotkey will pull up the menu.

If you cannot boot or access a menu, I would try reflashing the firmware before requesting a replacement. If that doesn't work, contact Analogue.

Ok thanks. I’ll see if I can capture it on my phone. Super NT boots to menu. Within a matter of seconds it will then blank out for 1-3 seconds then return back to the menu.

No replacement, I just figured everyones did that. My NT Mini does it too. I thought it was the device and TV doing their HDMI handshake. Again, it only happens to my devices a few seconds after being powered on and I can play for hours and I never see it happen again. FYI, I have an old 11 year old Vizio Im using until I graduate to OLED.

Edited by LewisD

Wow the N64 community is still that jaded and lazy eh? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I haven't kept track in it giving up on it many years ago as it was like no one really wanted to bother to do it right. I did catch that recent story though how the Lucasarts microcode for Indy and Battle for Naboo were cracked and made playable. Problem is I grabbed the file needed as a plugin, tried to drop it into Project64 and it didn't work at all. Either that emulator just sucks, or it doesn't work as advertised.

• Like 1

It sounds like an HDMI handshake issue, probably related to the TV/settings you are using. You might want to try a different TV.

I think it's extremely unlikely that it's a hardware issue with your Nt Mini.