1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

If not for "corporate discipline", a good deal of products never make it to market at all. The Super NT/NT Mini would still just be the HiDef NES and a bunch of ideas.

As Kevtris said, doing things with a hobbyist mindset makes for a much longer development cycle, usually due to the developer working at their own pace. When you have structure of some form (especially professionally), complete with deadlines, the chances increase greatly of work getting done. If you are private and can still complete projects, all the more power to you. However, not everyone can pull this off without some form of backing and/or funds.

If you are hiring someone, hopefully you'll want them to work with a specific endgame and goals in mind. And hopefully pay them well.

I get all that. And champion it. Gotta keep workers in line and on the grindstone. But when you have to raise your hand (like a kid in school) to go to the bathroom, and have it timed by a supervisor-monitor with stopwatch, that's becoming ridiculous.

• Like 2

How so?

Beats me.

Something about sifting through page after page of speculative Genesis begging, looking for actual news, before getting frustrated and letting the pages pile up again.

At this point, I can only really hope that the Analogue email list comes through with any information, because this thread is far to fatiguing.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 6

I get all that. And champion it. Gotta keep workers in line and on the grindstone. But when you have to raise your hand (like a kid in school) to go to the bathroom, and have it timed by a supervisor-monitor with stopwatch, that's becoming ridiculous.

They say when you gotta go, you gotta go, but it's actually an issue sometimes. Employees on occasion taking 15-20 minute breaks, outside of designated break times, to use the company toilet. In some cases texting / playing games on their smart phones, or even taking a snooze while sitting on top of their own waste. Yes, I have heard of people "snoring" in the restroom before. As the old saying goes, "shit or get off the pot." :roll:

I don't think it's at all like how you're describing it. The fact that Kevtris has been able to post here frequently during the development & post-development and bugfixes process at all shows he has a level autonomy all to himself. He basically cannot talk about future products due to NDA -- I can promise you that you'll rarely see such a thing from any other developer who is working for a corporation or serious business (the fact that he posts on this forum, as well as Discord & IRC).

It's also foolish to think that Kev is working on such a strict schedule that he can't do anything else with his life. From the number of times that Kev has mentioned, he has been working these Analogue projects in addition to his normal job. He hasn't stated otherwise yet.

We also have no clue just how many hours he puts into this stuff. Indeed, it's obvious that he's doing just about all of this work out of his home -- he likely has an agreement with Analogue that every so often, be it weeks or months, he shows his progress on the current project, and discusses with his higher ups the current roadmap they are currently on. Not this idea that he's working in an office with a supervisor cracking a whip behind to continue to push forward or else. Thankfully, Kevtris is so obsessive, goal oriented and a perfectionist -- he wouldn't allow himself to slack off on a project like this, which is why we got such great products in the Nt Mini and Super NT.

tl;dr: I'm not sure why you and a few others here have this idea that Kev is being slave-driven to complete this, or any other project. He likely discussed a workable schedule to complete to task, one that he and Analogue are OK with.

Edited by Sho
  • Like 1

I ask myself, will I buy a MegaNT if released, My gut reaction is no because it wasn't a big system for me back in the days.

But when/if announce in october I'll probably be on board IF it could replace my CDX/OSSC rig.

I understand that all needs the bread and butter, that is why I would like a patreon or something for Kev for software development/hardware (cart adaptors) for current FPGA machines.

Would really really like to se the Intv core/cart adaptors on the Nt mini. The same goes for the Super Nt, I guess there is a lot more of them out there for a bigger market.

Anyway, Im great that we are able to use Kev's hardware. Hope he gets the biggest bag of money of the people involved from Analogue.

• Like 1

OK ... I'll say it.

@kevtris you are a genius but that sleeveless kinda tie dye t-shirt has got to go :twisted:

haha I like it! I should've worn my Zimba Labs t-shirt. oh well, I didn't think about it. I thought the video was going to be focused on my head so the shirt wouldn't matter so much. That and it's really hot up in my work room, 80-85F is typical so I have to dress for the occasion.

I haven't seen him in an interview for quite awhile. It looks like he lost weight. I really like the interviews he does. It is so interesting to hear about how some of the development works.

I did, I lost 50 pounds in the last 7-8 months or so using the "kevtris diet". (the secret is eating less, zero snacks,and no sugar sodapop. some exercise can't hurt either). I want to get rid of another 20 or so to get to my target weight. Started out at 220, 170 now and I want to be 150.

• Like 10

I did, I lost 50 pounds in the last 7-8 months or so using the "kevtris diet". (the secret is eating less, zero snacks,and no sugar sodapop. some exercise can't hurt either). I want to get rid of another 20 or so to get to my target weight. Started out at 220, 170 now and I want to be 150.

Been doing pretty much the same. This site was a big inspiration (from the creator of AutoCAD, John Walker):

https://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/

Congrats Kevtris.

In other news, I think FPGA consoles are the way to go in the future. Emulation dumpers have so many things wrong with them it's not funny. The Super NT and AVS have been nothing but a joy to use since day one, in stark contrast to my initial reaction to the Retron77.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I could use an HDMI FPGA Atari 2600 and an HDMI FPGA Genesis in my collection, now that I have all seven generations of Nintendo hardware accounted for in HD. :grin:

Congratulations man! Thats a huge accomplishment. I just started "lazy" Keto myself (no carbs)...and I stopped drinking alcohol during the week. Just a lot of cold-brewed tea now. :)

Side note: we have the same target weight: 150. I'm 5'6" 175 now and that seems good for me. It's still hard to believe when I joined the Navy 13 years ago I weighed 130 lbs lol.

haha I like it! I should've worn my Zimba Labs t-shirt. oh well, I didn't think about it. I thought the video was going to be focused on my head so the shirt wouldn't matter so much. That and it's really hot up in my work room, 80-85F is typical so I have to dress for the occasion.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Congrats Kevtris.

In other news, I think FPGA consoles are the way to go in the future. Emulation dumpers have so many things wrong with them it's not funny. The Super NT and AVS have been nothing but a joy to use since day one, in stark contrast to my initial reaction to the Retron77.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I could use an HDMI FPGA Atari 2600 and an HDMI FPGA Genesis in my collection, now that I have all seven generations of Nintendo hardware accounted for in HD. :grin:

I question whether an Atari 2600 FPGA system would sell well enough at a premium price. I just don't think there is enough demand in the enthusiast market for it. I don't even know if adding 7800 compatibility would make much of a difference either. I'm sure I'd probably buy one, but yeah, there is a certain age demographic that likes Atari systems and they probably aren't heavy into gaming these days.

I think a FPGA based C64 is the oldest system that Analogue/Kevtris could make that would potentially sell well.

Edited by SegaSnatcher