2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Much respect. :ahoy:

I see that it's listed as every game from August 1991 to May 1998, minus special chips games. I had a slow work day, so I figured I'd fact check it and see if any where missing. Minus the Exertainment and Miracle Piano ROMs, looks like around 21.

3 Ninjas Kick Back (November 1994)

Aero Fighters (November 1994)

Arkanoid: Doh It Again (November 1997)

B.O.B. (June 1993)

Bass Masters Classic (June 1995)

Bassin's Black Bass (November 1994)

The Brainies (April 1996)

Capcom's MVP Football (October 1993)

Championship Soccer '94 (June 1994)

FIFA Soccer 97 (November 1996)

Full Throttle - All-American Racing (January 1995)

Head-On Soccer (September 1995)

International Superstar Soccer (June 1995)

Mario's Early Years - Fun with Letters (October 1994)

Mario's Early Years - Preschool Fun (November 1994)

Mohawk & Headphone Jack (August 1996)

Mr. Do! (December 1996)

NBA Live 98 (March 1998)

Super Bases Loaded 2 (February 1994)

Super Nova (December 1993)

Super 3D Noah's Ark (1994)

The only game released after May 1998 was Frogger. Not sure of the exact release date, but the ROM date is September 2, 1998.

Wow, impressive work there! :)

Back in the 90's, I was pretty much winging it with obtaining roms, and keeping track of releases. haha. No Wikipedia or solid source lists to go with.

Thanks for the list though. You know, back in 2010, I was actually going through and figuring out which ones were missing from the last SNESDisc Update (2.0), and still missed a couple of those. :P

I never ended up making a new one, but now that it looks you you've nailed it down, perhaps I will burn a new copy with the remaining missing roms. Who knows.. we'll see.

Wow, impressive work there! :)

Back in the 90's, I was pretty much winging it with obtaining roms, and keeping track of releases. haha. No Wikipedia or solid source lists to go with.

Thanks for the list though. You know, back in 2010, I was actually going through and figuring out which ones were missing from the last SNESDisc Update (2.0), and still missed a couple of those. :P

I never ended up making a new one, but now that it looks you you've nailed it down, perhaps I will burn a new copy with the remaining missing roms. Who knows.. we'll see.

Yeah, we were all winging it back then. It also didn't help when official sources, such as the Super NES Player's Guide, Nintendo Power, and later the PDF list on Nintendo's website, either listed games that were never released, or didn't list game that were released. Several of the ROMs on your list fall in the unreleased/prototype category:

Arcus Odyssey

Barbie Vacation Adventure

Bobby's World

Dream Probe

Mickey's Playtown Adventure

RHI Roller Hockey '95

The Shadow

SpellCraft: Aspects of Valor

Super Drift Out: World Rally Championships

And some weren't released in North America:

FIFA 98: Road to the World Cup (Brazilian release, but also has a PAL release)

Final Fantasy V (Well, this one is obvious. RPGe's translation, I presume?)

Super Bomberman 3 (PAL release)

Waterworld (PAL release)

Also, I'm guessing Magic Ball on your list is suppose to be Magic Boy.

The first backup device I ever bought was the Mr. Backup Z64 for N64, which I discovered due to the fact that it was inexplicably advertised in GamePro Magazine. https://imgur.com/a/XfDSC I never got an SNES copier (I didn't even know they existed until years after the fact), and I didn't get a device to play on actual SNES hardware until the Super Powerpak came out. And even though I have that, as well as the SD2SNES and the SD card based Super UFO Pro 8, I'd still like to pick up some of the floppy disk based devices, if for no other reason than collecting purposes and the fact that the SNES is my favorite console.

Yeah, we were all winging it back then. It also didn't help when official sources, such as the Super NES Player's Guide, Nintendo Power, and later the PDF list on Nintendo's website, either listed games that were never released, or didn't list game that were released. Several of the ROMs on your list fall in the unreleased/prototype category:

Arcus Odyssey

Barbie Vacation Adventure

Bobby's World

Dream Probe

Mickey's Playtown Adventure

RHI Roller Hockey '95

The Shadow

SpellCraft: Aspects of Valor

Super Drift Out: World Rally Championships

And some weren't released in North America:

FIFA 98: Road to the World Cup (Brazilian release, but also has a PAL release)

Final Fantasy V (Well, this one is obvious. RPGe's translation, I presume?)

Super Bomberman 3 (PAL release)

Waterworld (PAL release)

Also, I'm guessing Magic Ball on your list is suppose to be Magic Boy.

The first backup device I ever bought was the Mr. Backup Z64 for N64, which I discovered due to the fact that it was inexplicably advertised in GamePro Magazine. https://imgur.com/a/XfDSC I never got an SNES copier (I didn't even know they existed until years after the fact), and I didn't get a device to play on actual SNES hardware until the Super Powerpak came out. And even though I have that, as well as the SD2SNES and the SD card based Super UFO Pro 8, I'd still like to pick up some of the floppy disk based devices, if for no other reason than collecting purposes and the fact that the SNES is my favorite console.

Yeah, many of those unreleased and betas games were released on the scene in the early to mid 90's and the NFO never mentioned they were beta/prototype, or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the others were early leaked betas too. I know the Timecop release, at the time, was an early beta.

Didn't Barbie Vacation Adventure get a release? Lucky us!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbie:_Vacation_Adventure

That's funny about the Z64 ad in GamePro. It's similar to how I discovered the SNES and Genesis copiers. I saw a letter responded to in a May 1992 issue of EGM, where the header said "SNES Games for 80¢ each...", which of course is an attention grabber for those of us who want to play every game ever made. I immediately jumped on USENET and started asking around about it and found myself a shady NYC seller, just downstate, and I had a Super Magicom copier in my home just 3 days later. :)

egm34_may_1992-01.jpg

egm34_may_1992-02.jpg

Didn't Barbie Vacation Adventure get a release? Lucky us!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbie:_Vacation_Adventure

Nope, was never officially released on SNES or Genny.

https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=1104

A lot like Lobo. Never released, but got a review and a 6 page strategy guide in Nintendo Power #84. Unlike the Barbie game though, that one didn't get dumped until just a couple of years ago.

https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=0093

Nope, was never officially released on SNES or Genny.

https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=1104

A lot like Lobo. Never released, but got a review and a 6 page strategy guide in Nintendo Power #84. Unlike the Barbie game though, that one didn't get dumped until just a couple of years ago.

https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=0093

Haha, I was just looking through my old BBS archives before seeing your link has the same NFO pic for Barbie.

NPM-BARB.LZH.png

Like many scene releases back then, you had no idea it was a beta until seeing a later release marked *RETAIL FINAL*. Fun times.

Like many scene releases back then, you had no idea it was a beta until seeing a later release marked *RETAIL FINAL*. Fun times.

I can only imagine. Got my SNES in 93, but I was 8 years old, so I had no concept of copiers, BBS, or the internet yet. I discovered emulation via an episode of CNET Central on The Sci-Fi Channel in 1997 (relevant link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MneNbxFcp8 ). When I got a PC of my own as a teenager, I discovered all the old emulators and (now defunct) ROM sites. That was 2000-2001ish with broadband, and you could get pretty much every US SNES ROM in a matter of hours if you so desired. So yeah, like I said before, you have my utmost respect renting and downloading everything as it was scene released.

Back in the 90s it was a wild time of having a kit or a friend with a kit and working with them to make old games work on earlier emulators, I'm talking when you had iNES, Pasofami, and eventually that crude stupid nesticle setup going on. Marat had his thing going with his stretch of emulators that went beyond the net into the BBS world, as did other oddities like the old wannabe SNES emulator VSMC which eventually infuriated people going piss yellow mode to try and sell it after the dude said it would stay free. All sorts of odd shenanigans and I had my hand in a few of them under another name. I loved that time, you could really pick up on the development of those (at that time) not so old Nintendo systems and see how this part or that worked, why it failed in code, or wasn't there and the effects of it. It was learning, exploration, and fun too, especially when a breakthrough was made from SNES96 with sound, to the VSMC dude figuring out Mode7 earlier than that, or the NES headers getting extended into the crazy Famicom world or the FDS being done by FanWen (FWNES.) I still tinker but man it's far more boring, more about just having easy access to run stuff now. Damn shame I can't code (tried to learn, failed miserably due to a few things.) I'd love to take a crack at getting something going.

• Like 1

Back in the 90s it was a wild time of having a kit or a friend with a kit and working with them to make old games work on earlier emulators, I'm talking when you had iNES, Pasofami, and eventually that crude stupid nesticle setup going on. Marat had his thing going with his stretch of emulators that went beyond the net into the BBS world, as did other oddities like the old wannabe SNES emulator VSMC which eventually infuriated people going piss yellow mode to try and sell it after the dude said it would stay free. All sorts of odd shenanigans and I had my hand in a few of them under another name. I loved that time, you could really pick up on the development of those (at that time) not so old Nintendo systems and see how this part or that worked, why it failed in code, or wasn't there and the effects of it. It was learning, exploration, and fun too, especially when a breakthrough was made from SNES96 with sound, to the VSMC dude figuring out Mode7 earlier than that, or the NES headers getting extended into the crazy Famicom world or the FDS being done by FanWen (FWNES.) I still tinker but man it's far more boring, more about just having easy access to run stuff now. Damn shame I can't code (tried to learn, failed miserably due to a few things.) I'd love to take a crack at getting something going.

I actually helped Marat out with getting the color palette right in iNES. I owned several NES carts back then, as well as owning a Snappy video digitizer. So I would take 640x480 screen grabs of many games and DCC them to him on IRC (#SNES). I still many of the old IRC logs from back then. Emulation was new and exciting back then.

I actually helped Marat out with getting the color palette right in iNES. I owned about 500 NES carts back then, as well as owning a Snappy video digitizer. So I would take 640x480 screen grabs of many games and DCC them to him on IRC (#SNES). Very interesting times back then.

Small world. I had wondered about that as i remember the spoonman name from the days. I never bothered really with #snes and instead was in #emu and was a channel operator for a while there too, also ended up in #retrogames as well. I still remember all the dumb stuff and warring between dave and atila (or fatila as he'd call the guy.) So much drama, but amusing compared to the hateful stuff you see these days.

I'm still on IRC today.. Tanooki weren't you vmprhntrD? Or am I thinking of someone else. I haven't seen Dave in a few years, but yep.. remember all the drama with C0nj, Atila, gridle, tonyD, Arcadeath, etc. etc. All those emulation "players" :P I was never a huge participant in the drama (aside from spectating and laughing at it), but I have been into emulation as a rabid consumer of the stuff since the mid 90's, years before mame even became mame.. How could anyone not be? Used to be a magical thing getting console and arcade games to play on your pc.. we take that for granted now. But in the early days it was magic stuff. :)

Rather not get too much into historionics considering some checkered stuff I did, but needless to say I do agree. :) I never liked to get in the middle of the drama, and the one time it looked to cause a problem I even bailed on what I was working on as it was cheap and petty (and that was VGN.) We're on the same page as I was into it from the mid90s too and yeah I remember before MAME was around with various stand alone emulators for all sorts of goodies, even Ghosts n Goblins had a really nice one that ran well II remember. I miss when you could just use those or the earlier years of MAME and you could just update the program and play. I lost all interest when each miniscule .01 change on MAME meant that some or most your ROM sets no longer worked which was a long pain in the ass re-download in days where you had some low and harder caps on things. College didn't cap, but when that was over jerky ISPs(most in the US) did around the start of the 21st century. The headache outweighed the value. All that stuff was magic getting to use various old 8bit then 16bit arcade games, handhelds not on a handheld with GB/GBC or even the Game Gear, and learning of things you never saw before as the internet was still a baby.

I've tried dropping back onto efnet a few times in the last year, no one said a damn word including you. :)

Oh and back on topic, I'm sure some of you have tried that 6th beta for the SA1 on SD2SNES right? I had a computer HDD fail and swapped it with a SSD over the weekend so I never got to it. Any positive results or new bugs?

Edited by Tanooki

Rather not get too much into historionics considering some checkered stuff I did, but needless to say I do agree. :) I never liked to get in the middle of the drama, and the one time it looked to cause a problem I even bailed on what I was working on as it was cheap and petty (and that was VGN.) We're on the same page as I was into it from the mid90s too and yeah I remember before MAME was around with various stand alone emulators for all sorts of goodies, even Ghosts n Goblins had a really nice one that ran well II remember. I miss when you could just use those or the earlier years of MAME and you could just update the program and play. I lost all interest when each miniscule .01 change on MAME meant that some or most your ROM sets no longer worked which was a long pain in the ass re-download in days where you had some low and harder caps on things. College didn't cap, but when that was over jerky ISPs(most in the US) did around the start of the 21st century. The headache outweighed the value. All that stuff was magic getting to use various old 8bit then 16bit arcade games, handhelds not on a handheld with GB/GBC or even the Game Gear, and learning of things you never saw before as the internet was still a baby.

I've tried dropping back onto efnet a few times in the last year, no one said a damn word including you. :)

Oh and back on topic, I'm sure some of you have tried that 6th beta for the SA1 on SD2SNES right? I had a computer HDD fail and swapped it with a SSD over the weekend so I never got to it. Any positive results or new bugs?

Haven't tried it out yet, from what I read it was mostly geared towards improving performance in J League and stability on certain SNES systems, I didn't have any stability issues on my supernt to report though so don't have a direct bug to assess

Same here, but I don't really care about most the Japanese stuff for the SA1 outside of that fun Parodius title, and if I ever got in the mood DBZ Hyper Dimension. I guess I'd have to check the list. I well know the Mario RPG and Kirby's and I really haven't seen anything that's obvious to call out as a real issue from what I've scratched at so far.

Same here, but I don't really care about most the Japanese stuff for the SA1 outside of that fun Parodius title, and if I ever got in the mood DBZ Hyper Dimension. I guess I'd have to check the list. I well know the Mario RPG and Kirby's and I really haven't seen anything that's obvious to call out as a real issue from what I've scratched at so far.

couple reports of SMRPG losing it's save randomly is all I've seen at this point, be cool if the SDD1 stuff pans out

Edited by Jurai

I think if this person doing the SDD1 has the competency of redguy and ikari, or is hitting them up through discord or back channels for any assist if it's even needed that it'll happen. Clearly the flood gate got opened up months ago now proving the argument it couldn't be done was short sighted and misleading that stymied potential development for awhile. Now that it is seen as very possible as long as the actual code memory used by the special chip isn't larger than the given space on the FPGA people are going to damn well attempt it, and if it's close and pieces that NO game taps can be lurched out with no side effects that'll be a way too.

I need to look into a portable SNES again I think. I like playing on the TV, but the couch and bed is nice too and with a kit like that, why not.

Any of you use the sprite doubling feature on the Nt Mini? I feel like I should be using it but I am so used to how the regular NES does things.

I wonder if sd2snes sales have dramatically increased this year due to both the Super NTs release, the FX chip and SA1 chip support in sd2snes.

I'd say yes. It sure sky rocketed the Ebay value. Controller prices also went ridiculous for awhile after the Super NT release. It calmed down though.

I imagine a lot of those buyers are Super Everdrive owners. This new support was the tipping point for a lot of people on paying the extra money for an SD2SNES.

• Like 1

Any of you use the sprite doubling feature on the Nt Mini? I feel like I should be using it but I am so used to how the regular NES does things.

I'd say yes. It sure sky rocketed the Ebay value. Controller prices also went ridiculous for awhile after the Super NT release. It calmed down though.

I imagine a lot of those buyers are Super Everdrive owners. This new support was the tipping point for a lot of people on paying the extra money for an SD2SNES.

Yeah, SA1 was the my sign to go for it, eBay is running promos all the time now so lots of chances for getting a bit of a discount if you find a legit reseller on there. In regards to the sprite doubling, I have it turned on but not for any particular problematic reason.

Thought my SD2SNES wasn't outputting MSU-1 audio, forgot that I didn't have cart audio enabled in the SuperNT's audio settings :party:

Killersquirrel -- that's NOT the SD2SNES, that's the SuperNT. Go into the configuration menu, look for NTT Data Pad Compatibility Enabled and switch it. This isn't a Panic Bomber issue, it's a game that uses the mouse problem as Mario & Wario does it from Japan and others.

I can confirm this issue with Panic Bomber on Super NT. I posted some time ago in this thread. It is annoying to have to reconfigure a menu setting to play the game with stock controllers, but I'm glad KEvtris included it.

Anyone find it odd that the last few pages have been mostly pertaining to SD2SNES and not to the Super NT? No recent news to report... :P

Yeah, SA1 was the my sign to go for it, eBay is running promos all the time now so lots of chances for getting a bit of a discount if you find a legit reseller on there. In regards to the sprite doubling, I have it turned on but not for any particular problematic reason.

Thought my SD2SNES wasn't outputting MSU-1 audio, forgot that I didn't have cart audio enabled in the SuperNT's audio settings :party:

I did the same thing. Picked up the sd2snes from the ebay auction someone mentioned a while back, since the seller seemed very reputable and he said it was a legit krikzz. Seems to work great here once I figured out to toggle on the cart audio setting.

I have a retropie setup also (as well as a nes mini and a snes mini), but MSU-1/snes9x setup pushes the Pi just a bit too hard, I get a bit of framerate drops into the 50s on some of the games, unless I go to dispmanx (but then I lose shaders and onscreen notifications/etc). The drops cause the music to crackle a bit. I could overclock to fix it but mine is in a tiny Sega Genesis usb hub so it isn't cooled that well.

MSU-1 on the sd2snes is much easier.

Edited by GreenMonkey

I do this all of the time, in a panic thinking that something is wrong with either one, only to find that setting of turned off.

And good old dumb nuts here took time to figure out that setting can be saved. Matlab, no problem. SPSS, no problem. Simple things, big problem....

I can confirm this issue with Panic Bomber on Super NT. I posted some time ago in this thread. It is annoying to have to reconfigure a menu setting to play the game with stock controllers, but I'm glad KEvtris included it.

Anyone find it odd that the last few pages have been mostly pertaining to SD2SNES and not to the Super NT? No recent news to report... :P

Would you rather I post about Tacos... no... burgers? Maybe waffles?

Is the transparent Super NT discontinued strictly because some folks didn't like the end product in comparison to the render that was being shown as final?

I kinda hope that's the case and it's not something more technical because that's the model I bought.

I've loved mine so far. I like how it's LED's make the entire room glow.

Is the transparent Super NT discontinued strictly because some folks didn't like the end product in comparison to the render that was being shown as final?

I kinda hope that's the case and it's not something more technical because that's the model I bought.

I've loved mine so far. I like how it's LED's make the entire room glow.

Yes it was cancelled because renders allowe transparent plastic when in reality it was that smokey look because they cheaper out, guess they couldn't find a new supplier