1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Without any info in 8 months, I'm not even thinking about it any more. No response from my tweet either. I'd buy it if they come out with it, but it isn't really necessary for me. I have all I really need for all my consoles that are originally on crt displays.

It hasnt been 8 months, they responded to me a couple months ago.

July tweets from analogue:

it is a serious piece of kit- even more sophisticated than we initially planned. We're looking forward to releasing it too!

will have an update on the DAC soon- it's development has been nearly complete for some time. We're looking forward to releasing it, but it's been put on the back burner for now.

Edited by Namdor

July tweets from analogue:

it is a serious piece of kit- even more sophisticated than we initially planned. We're looking forward to releasing it too!

I'm thinking a black 16, blue retro ntsc, and red retro pal color scheme for the sega console. SMS and Genesis/MD slot, built in FM sound, and Game Gear through an adapter or jailbreak.

simpson-cow.gif

Sorry couldn't help myself! :P

Ha, it was exactly what I was going for!

Better'n the 3-ring circuses that surround kickstarters.

Definitely true. I'd much rather no information than a circus of lies and nonsense. We at least know the quality of whatever Analogue is doing is worth the wait and silence.

Edited by Sho
  • Like 2

Ha, it was exactly what I was going for!

Definitely true. I'd much rather no information than a circus of lies and nonsense. We at least know the quality of whatever Analogue is doing is worth the wait and silence.

Analogue is busy working on top-secret console, most likely Sega related, and when they announce it and start taking preorders, noone will have any doubt they will deliver anything less than a stellar gaming device.

Other fly by night upstarts taking preorders and promising the next big gaming revolution are sure to disappoint. If you disagree, have a taco (or three)... :grin:

1200px-001_Tacos_de_carnitas%2C_carne_as

• Like 2

I really think Analogue has it figured out quality-wise, price-wise, and communication-wise. They are leaving us in the dark right now to speculate, and then, BAM! I predict a Sega Genesis or PC Engine... well... that's what I am hoping for anyways. But pretty much no matter what they release, I will blindly buy it because I support them after the Super NT. If anything, I see it as tipping them for creating my favorite console of all time.

• Like 1

Nice as a PC Engine would be, unless SEGA somehow hard blocks a release, I can't see why they wouldn't go after Genesis as the next logical system, the target base for purchase is way larger than PCE and just makes a lot more sense. Maybe we'll get blessed with a PCE core for the SuperNT or genesis system one day

• Like 1

Sega isnt a big deal for me, I dont know if im intrested in a FPGA Mega drive.

...suppose I am, if the pricepoint will be like the SuperNT or less.

Cart adaptors and intv-core for the Nt mini are #1 on my wishlist tho.. hope its gonna happen..

Im still impressed how the SNES-core was able to been build in less than a year for just 1 person, thanks to Analogue that could contract Kev this is happening.

Sega isnt a big deal for me, I dont know if im intrested in a FPGA Mega drive.

...suppose I am, if the pricepoint will be like the SuperNT or less.

Cart adaptors and intv-core for the Nt mini are #1 on my wishlist tho.. hope its gonna happen..

Im still impressed how the SNES-core was able to been build in less than a year for just 1 person, thanks to Analogue that could contract Kev this is happening.

It's impressive, but Kev has been doing this type of thing for about 20 years, if not more. His methods of reverse engineering likely hasn't changed, but only increased in it's complexity. It's easy to forget this (or not know) this fact.

He may not be able to reach beyond the Sega Genesis/Neo Geo or PS1 without having a team of engineers at his level.

Edited by Sho

Is anybody using the Super NT with an HDMI to analog converter for their CRT? My Super NT is set to ship at the end of Sept and I need a DAC. It sounds like Analogue canceled making their DAC so I need some suggestions for 3rd party converters. Anyone successfully using one on their PVM or BVM?

Edited by CRTGamingKaraoke

If someone got around to doing a fully as nice HDMI setup as analogue does for the PC ENgine family of systems i'd be set. N64 I'll get around to, it's just costly and more since I can't do the work.

UpperGrafx/UperGrafx is a plug and play DVI/HDMI adapter for the PC Engine. If you think that means it’s converting RGB... NOPE! Direct digital-to-digital, Hi-Def NES-style. Kind of expensive but they keep adding functionality so it rivals the Super SD System 3 (flash card, ODE, dumper, etc).

I'm aware of Uppergrafx but have they finally updated the firmware a few more times now to get full on optical support? The last time I looked v2 was pretty spotty so I just blew it off. I don't care if it lacks HuCard fun, that's what the everdrive is for.

Yes. I also have a Turbo ED and didn’t care if it lacked that function, but it also supports HuCard and Super System Card emulation now. The big new feature they recently added an on-screen menu to solve one of the biggest complaints: Clunky ODE Interface that uses the system’s CD player to select CD images as audio tracks (play track 3 then start game for Drac X, play track 5 then start game for Puyo Puyo CD, etc). Finally!

Unlike SSDSys3, it can only play Arcade Card titles with a real Arcade Card, but it does enable you to use a cheaper Arcade Card Duo instead of an expensive/rare Arcade Card Pro (combines the UGX-02’s internal Super System Card memory much like it would on a Duo).

Is there a better information site for it then? The english version of the makers site doesn't seem to clearly mention these new features and improvements.

The only good arcade card games I'd bother with would be Neo Geo which I can do on my arcade cabinet already and Sapphire which I can do without so that's fine being excluded. The last update had it just doing probably like 80-90% of the CD/SCD/SCD2 games but no ACD yet or HuCards either. Just most optical with some bugs and no hucards.

I don't have access to any spaces with properly formatted optical dumps anyway like I do for other stuff, so it's kind of a moot point as I couldn't use the feature so I'd be more into it just for the cards and the HDMI support along with the solid save feature it has.

Dont waste your energy. Ive been preaching this for months on this thread, but people are too stubborn to use common sense.

I'm not bothered what it's going to be called. People know what I mean when I say Mega NT. You need to get a life if you get so worked up that you're preaching about a name of a fictional console. Fucking sad, who cares really mate.