2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Well, there has been something said. ;)

Kevtris himself said something about it way back when he implied SegaCD and 32X cores just weren’t going to happen if he made a Genesis FPGA clone (theoretical at the time). He felt that we would be disappointed without those things which made it sound like he didn’t think it was a good, marketable, product to put his efforts into. At least he did acknowledge that he has been wrong about such things so it sounds like he let Chris make the call on that one or he listened to the Sega fans saying “give it to me anyway!” [emoji4]

So, yeah, the only thing previously said about FPGA Sega CD and FPGA 32X cores was the man himself shooting down the possibility.

There is a big difference between implementing via FPGA vs having an expansion port. He said expansion port was a possibility and that is what they ended up doing.

• Like 1

Because the price isn't really $189.99.

Good answer! [emoji6]

I got charged about $40 last time (East coast) but it looks like people who are closer can get under $29.

I’m still not satisfied with their response regarding the unexpected Foreign Transaction Fee that no US customer could possibly anticipate. It seems like they just ignored the problem.

US card from a US bank to a US company with no warning about a Causeway Bay (Hong Kong) payment processor.

If anyone sees any kind of warning about this when preordering, please let me know. There was nothing when I preordered my Super Nt until I was looking at my statements and found a rude surprise.

Edited by CZroe

Good answer! ;)

I got charged about $40 last time (East coast) but it looks like people who are closer can get under $29.

I’m still not satisfied with their response regarding the unexpected Foreign Transaction Fee that no JS customer could possibly anticipate. It seems like they just ignored the problem.

US card from a US bank to a US company with no warning about a Causeway Bay (Hong Kong) payment processor.

If anyone sees any kind of warning about this when preordering, please let me know. There was nothing when I preordered my Super Nt until I was looking at my statements and found a rude surprise.

My shipping is $32.54 to South Carolina.

• Like 1

There is a big difference between implementing via FPGA vs having an expansion port. He said expansion port was a possibility and that is what they ended up doing.

Right. He commented on the feasibility of doing it in FPGA and openly said it wasn’t going to happen... but that still means they (Kevtris and Analogue) said something about it. Saying it isn’t feasible for an FPGA Genesis clone is still saying something about it. By correcting that tiny little part I’m able to bring it up in support of everything else you said.

They said it works with the original Sega CD. They never implied that Mega Sg had an FPGA Sega CD core. In fact, they did quite the opposite by focusing on the connector for a real Sega CD / Mega CD in the tweet where they said it was fully Sega CD / Mega CD compatible.

The creator did openly comment on the feasibility of a Sega CD FPGA core and what he said supports the notion that the Mega Sg does not include an FPGA Sega CD, nor will any jailbreak.

• Like 1

Well I wonder if kevtris really needs to do a TG-16/PCE core if they did release an analogue TG as the one used in MiST/MiSTer is pretty good and open source. Would it really be cost effective to reimplement his own from scratch or for analogue to just reuse the open source core that exists.

That's not the way I operate. If I were to do TG-16, I would reimplement it from scratch.

• Like 12

Right. He commented on the feasibility of doing it in FPGA and openly said it wasn’t going to happen... but that still means they (Kevtris and Analogue) said something about it. Saying it isn’t feasible for an FPGA Genesis clone is still saying something about it. By correcting that tiny little part I’m able to bring it up in support of everything else you said.

They said it works with the original Sega CD. They never implied that Mega Sg had an FPGA Sega CD core. In fact, they did quite the opposite by focusing on the connector for a real Sega CD / Mega CD in the tweet where they said it was fully Sega CD / Mega CD compatible.

The creator did openly comment on the feasibility of a Sega CD FPGA core and what he said supports the notion that the Mega Sg does not include an FPGA Sega CD, nor will any jailbreak.

I never said they were going to implement Sega CD via FPGA. I always assumed it was going to be expansion port support.

Just did a quick price check for old Sega CD hardware. It's so old and crusty, shouldn't be more than thirty bucks or so, right?

<checks prices on eBay>

GAHHHH!!!

the Analogue system is a bargain!!

Ouch, tbh I didn't know sega cd's were so expensive figured they'd be cheaper. I wish there was a white model 2 segacd to pair up with the white Mega SG

Ouch, tbh I didn't know sega cd's were so expensive figured they'd be cheaper. I wish there was a white model 2 segacd to pair up with the white Mega SG

The side-by-side one? Wouldn't that require it to have a big empty tray? I'm having trouble visualizing how the MSG (heh) will look when docked to a Sega CD. I've only owned CDX and X-Eye systems, so it's possible I don't know how these things attach.

Luckily I still have my top loader Sega CD sitting in a closet. Hopefully it still works.

Mine doesn’t but this will finally convince me to replace the fuse that’s been blown since before I bought it nearly 15 years ago! [emoji4]

I never said they were going to implement Sega CD via FPGA. I always assumed it was going to be expansion port support.

I never said you did. Yes, there is “a very big difference” between a SEGA CD FPGA core and an expansion slot for a real Sega CD. Doesn’t change the fact that they said something about the feasibility of an FPGA Sega CD. That was the only minor thing I corrected you about, which allowed me to support everything else you said by bringing up where the creator previously talked about it.

I even explained that it was just a small correction in support of the rest of what you said and you STILL behave as if I’m disagreeing with you about the rest. Maybe you don’t want me to support the rest of what you said? :/ That’s... weird.

Well, it was more to answer the guy you were responding to more correctly and conclusively than you did, since I know you already know. [emoji6] You didn’t just leave the creator’s past statements on the matter out, you implied that they didn’t exist. Now do you see why I corrected something so minor? It was the perfect segue into something more conclusive. Stop taking it so personally!

Edited by CZroe

The side-by-side one? Wouldn't that require it to have a big empty tray? I'm having trouble visualizing how the MSG (heh) will look when docked to a Sega CD. I've only owned CDX and X-Eye systems, so it's possible I don't know how these things attach.

It would be a bigger, more empty tray with the front-loader. The side-by-side, flip-top, top-loader unit had a removable block that shortens it when used with a model 2. Edited by CZroe