1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The side-by-side one? Wouldn't that require it to have a big empty tray? I'm having trouble visualizing how the MSG (heh) will look when docked to a Sega CD. I've only owned CDX and X-Eye systems, so it's possible I don't know how these things attach.

Yeah I mean, it's not likely going to fit aesthetically to either model of a Sega CD, even being close to the smaller Genesis it's still probably smaller and going to look a little janky hooked up to the Sega CD, I'm happy to have the hardware support either way (The side by side Sega CD tray was sized for the smaller redesigned genesis, it came with a plastic extender if you were using an older full length Genesis that you could stick underneath it)

• Like 1

When I noted that the topic was a few pages longer, after logging in and noting that Kevtris had posted within the past couple of days, I knew what must have happened, clicked and was not disappointment, except for the fact that I probably won't have the spare funds, for awhile. icon_mrgreen.gif

I really hope that if turns to a when someday. My TG-16 is so frail.

It might not be the way kevtris works but theoretically any company out there can put together an FPGA TG16 using the open source core and a cyclone V if they really wanted to so long as they honoured the open source license. Mimic the case design for a core grafx or PC engine, it'd probably do well. That said anything kevtris produces is also top notch so who knows what the future has in store.

Analogue portable devices perhaps ;). Or Nintendo switch style dockable systems..

TG-16/PCE? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge...)[/color]

I really hope that if turns to a when someday. My TG-16 is so frail.

Not that I don’t want an FPGA TG16/PCE from Analogue and Kevtris, but with the UpperGrafx / UperGrafx UGX-02 out there, there’s significantly less a PCE/TG16 FPGA clone can bring that we don’t already have.

UGX-02 already uses an FPGA to replicate NEC’s VDC for perfect digital video (never exists as analog). It’s almost exactly like an Plug & Play Hi-Def NES for PCE/TG16 except that it samples analog for some of the audio. It does generate perfect digital CDDA from the SD card images it runs.

Not going to ignore the elephant in the room: yes, it is also an ODE. Supports emulating HuCard/TurboChip games and Super System Cards too. It even dumps games, overlays a grid (great for shooters) and saves digital screenshots. Other than Arcade Card support, it’s everything the Super SD System 3 wasn’t (no RGB fiasco here). It does let you use a cheaper Arcade Card Duo with hardware that originally required an expensive Arcade Card Pro instead, so there’s that. ;)

If anyone wants more info, most of the extra functionality is only reported on their twitter feed and hasn’t been translated for their English website. The 2016 GameTechUS video is of the UGX-01, which was video only. A well-known ROM hacker, David Shadoff, recently got his hands on one. I’m eagerly waiting awaiting his impressions. :)

Reasons I would prefer a product from Analogue / Kevtris instead:

1080p (and up? UGX is 720p)

SuperGrafx support (just a second VDC)

Price (yes, Analogue’s product would be cheaper)

Refined (UGX-02 launched w/out a game menu)

UGX-01 and UGX-02 were both half-baked when they were introduced and especially overpriced considering that they hadn’t yet added all the really attractive features. It was just an expensive digital video adapter at first. They actually intended to add these features to the UGX-01 but later realized that they required hardware upgrades.

• Like 1

Mine doesn’t but this will finally convince me to replace the fuse that’s been blown since before I bought it nearly 15 years ago! [emoji4]

I never said you did. Yes, there is “a very big difference” between a SEGA CD FPGA core and a an expansion slot for a real Sega CD. Doesn’t change the fact that they said something about the feasibility of an FPGA Sega CD. That was the only minor thing I corrected you about, which allowed me to support everything else you said by bringing up where the creator previously talked about it.

I even explained that it was just a small correction in support of the rest of what you said and you STILL behave as if I’m disagreeing with you about the rest. Maybe you don’t want me to support the rest of what you said? :/ That’s... weird.

Well, it was more to answer the guy you were responding to more correctly and conclusively than you did, since I know you already know. [emoji6] You didn’t just leave the creator’s past statements on the matter out, you implied that they didn’t exist. Now do you see why I corrected something so minor? It was the perfect segue into something more conclusive. Stop taking it so personally!

I guess I just keep misintrerpreting your comments.

• Like 1

I have mixed feelings about this one.

The last two systems analogue systems were, in my opinion, the best way to play their respective consoles--but I'm not really sure I feel that way about the SG. Maybe there will be some information that comes out in the future to adjust my opinion, but I really do like my 32x, and I'm not sure this really replaces or improves upon my current setup. If anything, maybe the analogue box would become the redundant system in my setup.

I'm sure I'll talk myself into it by the time preorders open, but I do wish it was a system that needed the improvements more, or fully replaced the bulky old console.

Edited by Reaperman

I have mixed feelings about this one.

The last two systems analogue systems were, in my opinion, the best way to play their respective consoles--but I'm not really sure I feel that way about the SG. Maybe there will be some information that comes out in the future to adjust my opinion, but I really do like my 32x, and I'm not sure this really replaces or improves upon my current setup. If anything, maybe the analogue box would become the redundant system in my setup.

I'm sure I'll talk myself into it by the time preorders open, but I do wish it was a system that needed the improvements more, or fully replaced the bulky old console.

Well how are you currently playing Genesis games? What is your setup?

Shhh, can't tell you...

Shhh, can't tell you...

Shhh, can't tell you...

Shhh, can't tell you...

Shhh, can't tell you...

Shhh, can't tell you...

Shhh, can't tell you...

Shhh, can't tell you...

Shhh, can't tell you...

Shhh, can't tell you...

Shhh, can't tell you...

Seeeeeeeee...

gaaaaaaaaa... :grin:

tenor.gif?itemid=5676510

LOL! :grin:

Called it! :grin:

Well if you are willing to give up 32X support you'll technically get less input lag with the Mega SG.

unless I use an 8bitdo controller. Rimshot!

Giving up 32x support has never been an option--and because of that, it's a question of me selling myself on both systems.

Super NT vs SNES+framemeister was a pretty easy sell, with the video quality upgrade, and the smaller shelving footprint, but this is going to take some work--I'll get there though, give me a day or two.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

Does the fact that Analogues server crashes indicate that the first day demand for the Mega Sg is larger than the first day demand for the Super Nt? This sounds like a revival of the 16-bit console wars.

Every new product sells faster than the last due to the growing customer base from Nt Mini and Super Nt. More previous customers = more e-mail addresses to blast with product announcements. I received an e-mail from Analogue this morning at 11am before the info hit news sites, many like me tried to preorder ASAP, causing server issues. Analogue doesnt release sales numbers, so it is really hard to gauge demand at this early point. The console wars died two decades ago, I dont think it really matters anymore. Every retrogamer loves both consoles.

Edited by LewisD
  • Like 1

Anyone know how long this pre-order period lasts for the first batch? I cannot pay until October 31st unfortunately.

Am I weird if I buy two plus a second Super NT this time? :)

The preorders end tomorrow at 4:18pm EST. ?

My guess is that Analogue hasnt started mass production yet and are going to keep preorders open for awhile to gauge demand. I wouldnt be worried.

I wonder what kind of audio options this thing will have. I'm guessing he is reusing the master system core so fm audio will be just as flawed as the Nt Mini.

Unless the system supports loading of Sega cd games via SD then I may end up passing. I'm already setup on a Sega trio and a everdrive. I was hoping I could finally stop worrying about Sega cd units failing. Finding a working unit is already difficult.

Great option for people without a Genesis plus ossc/framemeister.