1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

A bit off topic, but this thread probably has the highest percentage of people on the planet with retro 8bitdo experience.

From what I'm reading, and maybe finally understanding, 8bitdo makes both bluetooth 2.4ghz and non-bluetooth 2.4ghz ccontrollers, correct? They're not just using bluetooth and 2.4ghz interchangeably? I guess that's what I'm looking for confirmation on, since it's a bit confusing to me.

Correct. If you see the 2.4ghz in the description it means you can only use it with the receiver it comes with. It will not pair with bluetooth on like a PC or a bluetooth dongle. Whether or not bluetooth interferes with other 2.4ghz signals like those controllers or even with 2.4ghz wifi in general I am not sure. I suppose it is possible they all interfere with each other if you get enough of them in a small area working at the same time.

Edited by Toth
  • Like 2

Bit of a bummer that it doesn't work with general bluetooth dongles. Is there an advantage? Maybe dedicated band / less latency?

That said if it doesn't require pairing, it may be an advantage. Also judging by my Super NT setup, the dongles will remain on the console anyway.

Edited by Newsdee

Whichever console Analogue decides to release next will certainly be interesting. While their first few offerings were boutique, the Super NT and Mega SG appeal to a bigger audience and can be mass produced/sold at much larger quantities and for a longer period of time than what came before. Unless they decide to go the handheld route, most of the future possibilities are more boutique and will sell less than the SNT/MSG, or have potentially dealbreaking issues as previously mentioned by others (BIOS, CD stuff, sheer complexity, etc). I am in no way qualified to speculate on whether they will return to a more niche product after having tasted the revenue that comes from something like the SNT/MSG, or if they will attempt to tackle the issues posed by cloning a newer system; however, I definitely look forward to their 2019 announcements.

• Like 2

Whichever console Analogue decides to release next will certainly be interesting. While their first few offerings were boutique, the Super NT and Mega SG appeal to a bigger audience and can be mass produced/sold at much larger quantities and for a longer period of time than what came before. Unless they decide to go the handheld route, most of the future possibilities are more boutique and will sell less than the SNT/MSG, or have potentially dealbreaking issues as previously mentioned by others (BIOS, CD stuff, sheer complexity, etc). I am in no way qualified to speculate on whether they will return to a more niche product after having tasted the revenue that comes from something like the SNT/MSG, or if they will attempt to tackle the issues posed by cloning a newer system; however, I definitely look forward to their 2019 announcements.

I agree. Another thought is that they may now have enough clout to get a license for BIOSs and produce officially licenses or branded systems.

I was hoping, when SEGA apparently pulled.out of the AtGames Classic thing that maybe an officially licensed Analogue console was on the cards. Obviously that didn't happen, but it would have been cool.

My Analogue Mega SG system will be getting the chrome decal treatment like my AVS and Super NT. :cool:

I will probably place the Chrome Sega logo opposite the Analogue logo in the lower left hand corner. I also kinda wish the Model 1 inspired circle wasn't truncated in the back. It would be perfect for a "high definition graphics" logo. I always felt that the model 1 HD logo was false advertising two decades after the console debuted in north America. Now on the 30th anniversary we get a true "high definition graphics" Sega. :grin:

• Like 1

A brief explanation of why the Mega SG needs a headphone jack to get stereo sound from a Sega CD:

http://www.gametrog.com/GAMETROG/HOW_to_connect_Hook_Up_SEGA_CD_1_Front_Loader_to_Genesis_Model_1_c.html

I'm a carts only kind of guy, but I love the idea of bypassing the TCL tv and hooking the pristine audio feed directly to my sound system. Now if only my avs or Super NT could do that! :P

I wonder which version of the CD would look better on the Analogue: Top loader, or side?

Either way, for the age, and still working, or needing minor repair, it's pretty impressive. That goes for models 1 and 2.

Ehhhhhhhhh.... is it though?

Lets compare it to the PS1 which was only released a few years later; I don't own a sega cd but the impression I've gotten from reading online is that they're way more finicky and problematic than even the early PS1s.

Ehhhhhhhhh.... is it though?

Lets compare it to the PS1 which was only released a few years later; I don't own a sega cd but the impression I've gotten from reading online is that they're way more finicky and problematic than even the early PS1s.

I'm not comparing though. Just saying that the add-on for its age, is pretty impressive. That doesn't negate the PS1 being impressive to still be working though. The model 2 I have needs the laser replaced. It's an eleven dollar fix and about 35 mins work. Can't tell what type of condition it was kept over the years. So yeah, I'm still impressed. I'm also impressed that the PS1 I have still works too.

A brief explanation of why the Mega SG needs a headphone jack to get stereo sound from a Sega CD:

http://www.gametrog.com/GAMETROG/HOW_to_connect_Hook_Up_SEGA_CD_1_Front_Loader_to_Genesis_Model_1_c.html

I'm a carts only kind of guy, but I love the idea of bypassing the TCL tv and hooking the pristine audio feed directly to my sound system. Now if only my avs or Super NT could do that! :P

I wonder which version of the CD would look better on the Analogue: Top loader, or side?

Interesting, I use a Model 1 genesis with a Model 2 SegaCD, never knew about that headphone -> segacd mixer cabling

Wait, you honestly believe Kevtris is going to limit Sega CD audio via that headphone jack? LOL, no.

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 1

You're confusing some things here. The 3.5mm input on the Sega CD serves one purpose: Getting stereo audio from the Model 1 Genesis mixed with stereo Sega CD audio to your TV or hifi stereo.

It's just that the model 1 Genesis is incapable of outputting stereo audio through its AV port.

Sega CD stereo audio goes through the edge connector perfectly fine, that's why you don't need mixing cables for a model 2 Genesis. The model 2 Genesis doesn't even have a headphone output. It only uses the edge connector to mix Sega CD with Genesis audio.

It would work the same way with the Mega Sg.

Edited by kwnage
  • Like 1

Shipping expense seems to be a lot less this time around. Only $23 to upstate New York, which while high, isn't nearly as outrageous.

That's strange! I'm also in upstate NY and got charged $29.42. I didn't get anything but the console so no clue why you saved almost $6.42 over me.