1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

My understanding of Ikari's response is that the goal isn't to shut off the APU's audio output, but to stop it from communicating over the bus so that the simulated APU can pretend to be the real thing. Just turning off the audio channels would result in both APUs trying to use the bus at the same time.

If a cartridge is able to do something that works on a real SNES, but not on the Super NT, that would seem to be a bug to me, because it's a way in which the Super NT is not accurately simulating a SNES. That said, it may be simpler to solve the problem by adding an option to the Super NT to disable the APU. Perhaps auto-detecting the SD2SNES so that the user doesn't have to manually change the setting.

Edited by Guspaz
  • Like 1

My understanding of Ikari's response is that the goal isn't to shut off the APU's audio output, but to stop it from communicating over the bus so that the simulated APU can pretend to be the real thing. Just turning off the audio channels would result in both APUs trying to use the bus at the same time.

If a cartridge is able to do something that works on a real SNES, but not on the Super NT, that would seem to be a bug to me, because it's a way in which the Super NT is not accurately simulating a SNES. That said, it may be simpler to solve the problem by adding an option to the Super NT to disable the APU. Perhaps auto-detecting the SD2SNES so that the user doesn't have to manually change the setting.

Yeah, he said he's gonna have the APU just go into an infinite idle loop I believe

• 2 weeks later...

Kevtris, if you're reading this: Thank you for the amazing work that you've done. I've used my Analogue consoles extensively and I use the Game Boy cores on my Nt Mini quite often. I have one question and a bug report:

1.) Is it possible for at least the Super Nt to have a GB/GBC/GBA cartridge adapter? I'm aching for a Game Boy (complete line) on a big screen option without hassle. Woozle's option looks good, but if it's a matter of an adapter do you think the Super Nt could swing at least GB and GBC? I know GBA runs on superior hardware. Keeping my fingers crossed on this.

2.) Pokemon Crystal does not run properly/at all on the Nt Mini GBC core. Just giving you a heads up.

If none of the GB options exist, do you think Analogue is open to making a consolized Game Boy Player stand alone? I do not want to buy a Game Cube and an expensive GC specific upscaler just to play GBA games on my TV. No one has endeavored to make one and I'm sure that there's demand for such a console, especially since it would likely be a cheap(er) unit.

Thanks again!

Edited by TheCardiganKing
  • Like 2

I believe GBA was dismissed already as being too powerful, but don't hold me to that. Game Boy/Game Boy Color support would be nice to see though. :)

If he ever gets around to working on the Super NT again, I'd like to see an easy option to switch video settings to an alternate selection tailored for the Super Game Boy. I don't mess with it since I don't want to keep changing settings, but I believe it can be adjusted for a superior Super Game Boy experience based off YouTube videos like the MyLifeInGaming Super NT video. An easy toggle switch to go between a SNES mode and a SGB mode would be nice to see.

And built-in turbo functionality is something I'd also love to see to turn any controller into a turbo controller. Surprised this was missed here. Did the NT Mini also skip including this option?

Edited by Atariboy

I believe GBA was dismissed already as being too powerful, but don't hold me to that. Game Boy/Game Boy Color support would be nice to see though. :)

If he ever gets around to working on the Super NT again, I'd like to see an easy option to switch video settings to an alternate selection tailored for the Super Game Boy. I don't mess with it since I don't want to keep changing settings, but I believe it can be adjusted for a superior Super Game Boy experience based off YouTube videos like the MyLifeInGaming Super NT video. An easy toggle switch to go between a SNES mode and a SGB mode would be nice to see.

And built-in turbo functionality is something I'd also love to see to turn any controller into a turbo controller. Surprised this was missed here. Did the NT Mini also skip including this option?

When I received my NT mini I tested it and found that although the Nt mini works like a four score/nes satellite (4 controller ports), they ignored the turbo option available on both devices! I wrote to Analogue at that time asking for it, but I never got a response .... :_(

Edited by hyrulebr
  • Like 1

I believe GBA was dismissed already as being too powerful, but don't hold me to that.

See, I'm fine with that, but I doubt that it's too powerful for a dedicated FPGA with the addition of GB and GBC support. I would pay $150 for a dedicated HDMI-out Game Boy player without the mess of buying a Game Cube and using its awful controller. I hope Analogue has one in the works.

Edited by TheCardiganKing
  • Like 2

Sounds like the Mega Everdrive X7 may be next for a revision for similar reasons (parts being out of production)

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=8594.msg66983#msg66983

I am not sure what could be upgraded though. As it is, only two games are not compatible and likely never will be.

The first upgrade will be the ability to use MSU with other special chips at the same time. Only people that enjoy MSU romhacks will care about this.

Later, there may be slightly more accurate versions of the SA-1 and SFX cores.

There's some speculation about getting a Super Gameboy core into it, so you could play gameboy roms right from the SD2SNES Pro.

Stoneage Gamer just announced a trade-in program where you can get the Pro for as little as $100 when trading in an SD2SNES. Basically $100 off. Might be able to sell an SD2SNES for more than that though.

Hey guys, I've misplaced my power supply for my NT Mini and was kinda wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a replacement for it. Want something of good quality, that will last awhile. I remember Kev had his personal recommend, but I'm having a hard time wading through all of the posts to find it. Specs were 12v 1A - center pin positive, 2.5mm connector, weren't they?

Hey guys, I've misplaced my power supply for my NT Mini and was kinda wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a replacement for it. Want something of good quality, that will last awhile. I remember Kev had his personal recommend, but I'm having a hard time wading through all of the posts to find it. Specs were 12v 1A - center pin positive, 2.5mm connector , weren't they?

If those specs are accurate then this should do the trick.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/triad-magnetics/WSU120-1000-13/237-2225-ND/6600159

• Like 1

Of course it has. I just bought the regular one a couple months ago.

Same here!

I sold my rev F last BF to buy a newer rev. J.

Sold rev. J last week and ordered a SD2snes Pro yesterday.

Some will say it was a waste of money, which I can not disagree with ... but I did justify to myself that snes is my all time favorite console. And It worked. :grin:

Same here!

I sold my rev F last BF to buy a newer rev. J.

Sold rev. J last week and ordered a SD2snes Pro yesterday.

Some will say it was a waste of money, which I can not disagree with ... but I did justify to myself that snes is my all time favorite console. And It worked. :grin:

That's some dedication, LOL. Wasn't the only change to rev. J. basically the memory card though?

I'll probably pick up a Pro at some point but I have purchased all of my products through Stone Age Gamer with the NA shell so I am going to wait for that to become available.

Edited by Toth

That's some dedication, LOL. Wasn't the only change to rev. J. basically the memory card though?

I'll probably pick up a Pro at some point but I have purchased all of my products through Stone Age Gamer with the NA shell so I am going to wait for that to become available.

From rev H to J the only well knowing change was the memory card (SD to micro SD).

But the major motivation to me to change from Rev F to J was the correction of MSU-1 audio circuit. (Rev H also have this correction as well). Yes, before thinking in buying a new revision I installed the small pcb to fix the audio but had some problems like audio distortion (cold solder) and FMV playback issues (because of sd card I was using - explanation here: https://sd2snes.de/blog/card-list).

I only discovery the causes AFTER buying the revision H. But in the end I was happy because I could sold the previous SD2Snes fully working. :-D

• Like 1

The first upgrade will be the ability to use MSU with other special chips at the same time. Only people that enjoy MSU romhacks will care about this.

There's some speculation about getting a Super Gameboy core into it, so you could play gameboy roms right from the SD2SNES Pro.

Stoneage Gamer just announced a trade-in program where you can get the Pro for as little as $100 when trading in an SD2SNES. Basically $100 off. Might be able to sell an SD2SNES for more than that though.

I imagine you can still get $150 at least off fleabay

Every Analogue Mega SG console will include an unreleased Sega Genesis game: HARDCORE by Digital Illusions from 1994. https://twitter.com/analogue/status/1098975745601204225

The cherry on the proverbial sundae. :)

So when is this FPGA console supposed to ship to customers? I kinda lost track of this, as I didn't pre-order the Mega SG.

I saw that program. If I am reading that correctly, one needs to have purchased the original version from SA or Krikzz. That makes sense since there are so many crappy clones. I have one from Krikzz.... finding any receipt in this house... good luck with that,

The cherry on the proverbial sundae. :)

So when is this FPGA console supposed to ship to customers? I kinda lost track of this, as I didn't pre-order the Mega SG.

Neither did I as finances have been tight and I had to slow down (think it was mid December of last year since I bought anything game related). I am sure they will be available for awhile or another run will be done. You can still easily get the SuperNT now.

Probably finished. The game is not Analougue exclusive and also will be released in physical form to Ps4 and Vita (emulation of course) by Strictly limited Games. They even hire Matt Phillips to help in programming (Tanglewood) and have some people who worked on it originally.

More info here:

https://projecthardcore.strictlylimitedgames.com/

I also read somewhere that due to license issues the final game will be called ULTRACORE.