1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

UK guys, import fees £41.15 just had my text from FedEx....

Pal Streets of Rage 2. I started mine up as Japanese NTSC then switched to US NTSC during the title screen (exactly the same thing I have to do on my real MK1) in order to get it playing at 60Hz and in English. Don't hang around on the title screen too long, if it loops the intro again it triggers the region lock again.

Edited by Lostdotfish
  • Like 1

Pal Streets of Rage 2. I started mine up as Japanese NTSC then switched to US NTSC during the title screen (exactly the same thing I have to do on my real MK1) in order to get it playing at 60Hz and in English. Don't hang around on the title screen too long, if it loops the intro again it triggers the region lock again.

Yep. I've got the import fee text aswell.

Looking at those consoles in the background I am surprised you didn't get a white one (unless you bought more than one :))

I thought of that, but I only have 2 white consoles. I'm also thinking of the future and won't go white for newer consoles. I prefer black even though the mega sg does look nice in white

Edited by RetrogamerX

I haven't received a text about import fees and received my mega sg earlier today. I didn't get any import fees with my super nt as well :-D

Edited by RetrogamerX

Just tried this and works a treat. Thanks!

Saw some footage of Alex Kidd in Shinobi world in the MLIG video so makes my cart not working curious. Wonder if it was a ROM on an ever drive or an actual cart. As I say it works fine on my actual MS.

Edited by Enragedwhale

Too bad the dithering solution has some negative side effects, but I'm happy it's there just the same even if it isn't something that we can enable and just forget about while it does its magic. I bet the worst case examples like Virtua Racing benefit much more than they're harmed by the feature.

Are SG-1000 games on a Genesis Everdrive running with the correct SG-1000 color palette here, or is it like it is on a Genesis 1/2 with incorrect colors? I'm assuming it's the latter.

Edited by Atariboy

Currently in Wichata Falls, Texas. If it's making airplane jumps, those are quite short. If that's all by road, that's another amazement. So far, it's traveled 196 miles. Kevin, you personally driving over or something? icon_mrgreen.gificon_wink.gif Just teasing, I can see how it would be handled by road for the first hop or two and then passed over to an airport. I'd expect the next bump to be a major one. If not, I'll be curious about the next side-trip. icon_mrgreen.gif

As of 11:14 PM, on March 25th, no decisive conclusion as to whether it has traversed either by a combo of road or air -travel can be given. It's logical to assume that some of both, were involved, but the time-frames are technically possible for a combo of or a transit entirely by ground (very tight, would need to travel at top speed, with very short stop-overs for refueling and no other major drop-offs along the trip. Possible, but not possible.), though that would be pretty ridiculous. So, likely there was an air-transit and a loong processing delay. Waiting for a major hop and time-stamp, which should happen soon, that breaks ground-speed, to undoubtedly signal aon air transfer, but it might be drawn out enough and there is certainly enough time, to fuel an all-driven fantasy scenario; it being along a bunch of parcels, going from point-to-point. That is to say, this is all pretty silly stuff. Hurry up, already. icon_mrgreen.gif

As of the time-stamp submitted at 11:16 AM, on March 26th, transit times only consistent with the use of air transport, have been achieved. Still scheduled for Wednesday delivery, though, which seems consistent. icon_smile.gif

EDIT: I'll capture a map.

Texas Tour

They Love Cali After All

Date from latest (top), to earliest (bottom)

Tuesday , 3/26/2019 -

11:16 am - COALINGA, CA - In transit

Monday , 3/25/2019
  • 11:14 pm - SUN VALLEY, AZ - in transit
  • 1:08 pm - WICHITA FALLS, TX - in transit
  • 1:03 am - HUTCHINS, TX - n transit
  • Saturday , 3/23/2019
  • 6:22 am - MESQUITE, TX - Left FedEx origin facility
  • Friday , 3/22/2019
  • 6:07 pm - MESQUITE, TX - Arrived at FedEx location
  • 12:45 pm - MESQUITE, TX - Picked up
  • 8:01 am - Shipment information sent to FedEx

I was obligated to play some Altered Beast 1st, just like the original when I was a kid!

Question though, if you guys could share some info please -- the inlcuded documentation says "only use 5v 2a USB power supplies. Other than "just use the ones it came with," how to I know? I have several USB cords and wall outlet adaptors, but none of them seem to have any markings on them to indicate. Are all cables ok, and only the outlet adaptor matters? Or is there something I should be seeing on the adaptors AND cables?

Thanks in advance!

I hate to be "one of those" guys posting about shipping status, but I ordered within a minute or two or pre-orders and it just says Shipping Label Created. Anybody else like this? (I'm from the US east coast

I'm ordered mine on 3/22 from Florida & I'm in the same boat as you, Shipping label has been created with delivery scheduled by end of day Wednesday. Most likely they're shipping out those which were ordered first.

Are SG-1000 games on a Genesis Everdrive running with the correct SG-1000 color palette here, or is it like it is on a Genesis 1/2 with incorrect colors? I'm assuming it's the latter.

SG-1000 do not have gfx at all on MD1/2 (the video chip is just not 9918 compatible), they only have video on SMS.

It is the SMS palette that is wrong (on a real SMS, not on a MD1/2 as there's none of that), and I hope with either direct MegaED load or via adapter + MasterED we get to play them with 9918 palette.

I was obligated to play some Altered Beast 1st, just like the original when I was a kid!

Question though, if you guys could share some info please -- the inlcuded documentation says "only use 5v 2a USB power supplies. Other than "just use the ones it came with," how to I know? I have several USB cords and wall outlet adaptors, but none of them seem to have any markings on them to indicate. Are all cables ok, and only the outlet adaptor matters? Or is there something I should be seeing on the adaptors AND cables?

Thanks in advance!

If you have USB wall chargers that don’t specify, throw them away.

Output specs are typically right there with the input specs.

Edit:

Three closest ones at hand...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190325/8e7a68cc38549eb1a2af9873a48923fd.jpg

Samsung 5.3v 2A

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190325/1a20626ccd95dac3ce7fb27d0cbb6fba.jpg

Apple 12w (almost identical to original iPad 10w) 5.2v 2.4A

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190325/47929f3765e32fa4a32a68220645b292.jpg

Some kind of Amazon Fire TV 5.2v 1.8A

More than 2A is safe but don’t go too much higher than 5v. Many list mA instead or A. 1000mA=1A.

Edited by CZroe

Thanks in advance!

All power adapters should have markings. They may be molded or printed and hard or faint to see. Possibly even on the face of the brick like between the prongs. It will say something like "Output" and list a voltage and Amperage. If you have any without those markings you really shouldn't use them for anything. The cable shouldn't matter.

Edited by Toth

2nd, the very first MS game I tired didnt work! Alex Kidd in shinobi world. Tried playing with settings but no luck. Anybody have a copy to try? Works just fine on my MS1. Every other game Ive tried seems to work fine.

So the MLIG review revealed the solution to this, unplug the Mega CD! Works great now. A small inconvenience that will hopefully be patched but not the end of the world.

Hope everybody else is enjoying theirs as much as I am!

• Like 1

So the MLIG review revealed the solution to this, unplug the Mega CD! Works great now. A small inconvenience that will hopefully be patched but not the end of the world.

Hope everybody else is enjoying theirs as much as I am!

Yeah I saw there review about that. Not a huge deal. Glad you're enjoying the mega sg. I absolutely love mine. I'm so happy to finally have a 1080p solution for the mega drive/genesis.

Thank you Analogue for making a great product and keeping the scene alive :)

Glad you're enjoying the mega sg. I absolutely love mine. I'm so happy to finally have a 1080p solution for the mega drive/genesis.

As a PAL gamer its great to finally have a perfect 50hz solution. Ive never been able to fully eradicate frame skip or tearing with original hardware through either a FM or OSSC due to its off spec refresh. Of course I use 60hz as much as possible.

My heavily modded NTSC-J MD will hang around for 32x games but my MS 1 with its terrible jail bars will retire to its box after near 30 yrs service.

Alright, so the initial boot of the Mega SG had firmware 2.7 or something on it. It does not run MS games (well it doesn't run Alex Kidd.)

I tested Sonic 2 and Sonic Spinball on the MD mode, works fine.

Updated firmware to 4.2, settings "default" appears to change to another font, adds a game to the menu, otherwise works. MS game works, but it feels visually glitchy (but I don't have a MS to test with)