1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Ahhh my "presumed dead" Mega CD 2 is alive! Picked up a beat up MK2 CD a few months back and could never get it to boot up or do anything on the 3 original Mega Drives I have here (2 MK1s and a MK2). Decided to let the Mega Sg have a go and it just works!

Letting it soak test a bit but everything seems to be working as expected.

• Like 1

How are people finding their 8bitdo M30's work with the Mega-SG? How is the lag now, there were issues initially, but I understand there was a firmware to help reduce.

I was keen on the new licenced retro-bit controllers but the release date keeps getting pushed back (now out in May).

I wanted wired but considering the M30's or potentially the Hyperkins (wired). Keen to have the right controllers for Mega-SG.

Currently using very cheap 6 buttons from Amazon, which work (for now) but I'm sure if I press too hard or squeeze the pad it'll shatter in my hand.

8bitdo m30 2.4ghz have no noticeable lag that I can tell. It feels perfect. The 2.4ghz model is much better imho.

Edited by RetrogamerX

Back when the SuperNT was released, how long did the JB firmware to appear since the first batch of consoles was sent? I didn'g get mine until september 2018 or so I don't really know.

Super Nt launched on the 7th of February or at least that’s when the YouTube glitch happened. The jailbreak landed a week later on Valentines’ Day. I received mine the day before even though I preordered in advance. :(

Ahhh my "presumed dead" Mega CD 2 is alive! Picked up a beat up MK2 CD a few months back and could never get it to boot up or do anything on the 3 original Mega Drives I have here (2 MK1s and a MK2). Decided to let the Mega Sg have a go and it just works!

Letting it soak test a bit but everything seems to be working as expected.

You know, the Sega CD manual actually tells us to clean the console connector with an eraser. Since the Mega Sg has a brand-new connector and just worked, I suspect the other consoles needed their Sega CD connectors cleaned. Edited by CZroe

I got my Mega SG just now. Only thing is, I ordered the Japan one, but they sent me the European one. I don't know how to feel. I don't think it's worth sending back to them and waiting for a replacement just for the button and text color, but still it's not the one I ordered.

Noticed that I can’t reset to my Mega Everdrive X5 menu using the hotkeys if I’m running the Sega CD BIOS. If it worked it would have been really convenient since I could just leave the Mega ED in there and never remove it to switch between CD and cartridge games. Seems I have to power-cycle the Mega Sg to get back to the MED menu if I used it to boot Sega CD games. :(

Perhaps another opportunity for an extra “Quality of Life” feature, Kev? ;)

Edited by CZroe

I was searching online, and it seems that SuperNT was released on feb 7 2018, with it's JB being released on feb 16 2018!! So... Only nine days later!! :D

I hope there's a pattern here :D

Feb 14th. First thing he says in the archived livestream video uploaded the 18th was that he released it “last Wednesday.” That was Feb 14th, which is why you see a big heart in the thumbnail. That’s a week -even less than 9 days!

So was wondering about the tech specs of the Mega SG hardware over the Super NT? Does it have more/less ram, same fpga or newer/bigger? Is much space left over in either the FPGA in the Super NT or Mega SG? Am I right in thinking the audio got an upgrade over the Super NT?

Be nice if Kevin could answer but appreciate he might not want to give anything away, I guess others who have taken it to bits might be able to comment on RAM and the FPGA?

Thanks.

Edited by Radfoo

So was wondering about the tech specs of the Mega SG hardware over the Super NT? Does it have more/less ram, same fpga or newer/bigger? Is much space left over in either the FPGA in the Super NT or Mega SG?

Be nice if Kevin could answer but appreciate he might not want to give anything away, I guess others who have taken it to bits might be able to comment on RAM and the FPGA?

Thanks.

Spawn Wave Media did a tear down. Word is that the FPGA is the same but I don’t think he went into further detail about RAM, flash, etc. Still, that I/O slot for the Sega CD can probably be used to add a whole other FPGA if need be. ;) Edited by CZroe

Spawn Wave Media did a tear down. Word is that the FPGA is the same but I don’t think he went into further detail about RAM, flash, etc. Still, that I/O slot for the Sega CD can probably be used to add a whole other FPGA if need be. ;)

Lol, thats the only video I have not yet watched. Yeah, I like the I/O slot, be nice if it finds use beyond the Sega CD but guess thats up to Analogue and/or Kevin. The Super NT seemed so minimal after the NT Mini, even though it might never get used I like to see(think about) expansion possibilities.

Hay, guise. What am I doing rong? Mega Everdrive X5 not working. HALP!

8c9cc7ee00a40aa9176a1ad38be71367.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190326/37f56a6a48f82f93873b41fe00cee870.jpg

Probably having a hard time "performing" with that SNES staring at it like that. I'd suggest turning the SNES to the side, or putting up some sort of privacy screen. Should work fine, then.

Kevtris,

Random question. Since I'll soon have a Mega SG in my hands AND I have 3D TV, I was wondering if it was possible to add a "3D Mode" option for Master System games. I know the Sega glasses won't work without an analog output, but I would think it might be possible to take the SMS field-based 3D and turn it into a mode usable by "modern" 3D displays. I don't know if the Mega SG supports 1.4 HDMI, but even if it just did simple Over-Under or Side-by-Side mode over 1.3, that would be fantastic (even if it did require manually selecting the 3D format).

Edited by atm94404
  • Like 1

Probably having a hard time "performing" with that SNES staring at it like that. I'd suggest turning the SNES to the side, or putting up some sort of privacy screen. Should work fine, then.

LOL! I think it’s more intimidated by the Super Nt. ;) Console wars are back!

Really just trying to show that Mega Sg lets the cart go in backwards. Not going to turn it on like that, of course.

I got my Mega SG just now. Only thing is, I ordered the Japan one, but they sent me the European one. I don't know how to feel. I don't think it's worth sending back to them and waiting for a replacement just for the button and text color, but still it's not the one I ordered.

A lot of people have been complaining about this on Twitter. Either it is a careless screw up, or they oversold the JPN model and are trying to push the EUR model on people hoping that they dont care enough to do a swap.

What did it say on the side of the box?

What did it say on the side of the box?

I just noticed it says EUR.

I emailed them at 5pm today about it, to which they haven't responded yet. So I just tweeted at them asking for a replacement shell that I could swap myself. I know it's dumb, but I'm mildly pissed off. I ordered it on 10/16.

Edited by zetastrike

I emailed them at 5pm today about it, to which they haven't responded yet. So I just tweeted at them asking for a replacement shell that I could swap myself. I know it's dumb, but I'm mildly pissed off. I ordered it on 10/16.

Its not dumb. They screwed up, and people need to call them out on it. As much as we pay for shipping, extended delays and mistakes like this shouldnt happen.

Add me to the list of folks who ordered a JPN and got a EUR. Noticed it once the wrapping was off. Will see what Analogue Support says, but this isn't a great look if a bunch of folks are reporting it.

A lot of people have been complaining about this on Twitter. Either it is a careless screw up, or they oversold the JPN model and are trying to push the EUR model on people hoping that they dont care enough to do a swap.

All the shipping has been outsourced to a warehouse operator halfway across the country, and the boxes are almost identical except the bit of text on the side of the box. I'm willing to believe that it was a screw up, but it's not a great packaging job if your warehouse operator doesn't know how to tell your SKUs apart when shipping thousands of units.

Its not dumb. They screwed up, and people need to call them out on it. As much as we pay for shipping, extended delays and mistakes like this shouldnt happen.

“Extended delays?”

Didn’t it launch early?

Last year? Sure. I paid more for shipping and didn’t get my Super Nt until 6 days after launch.

Happened to me also, I ordered the JPN and got the EUR version. I haven't opened mine yet but don't think I would be willing to go through the trouble of sending it back.

Extended delays?

Didnt it launch early?

Last year? Sure. I paid more for shipping and didnt get my Super Nt until 6 days after launch.

I was referring to the fact that people in Timbuktu were receiving their consoles days ahead of people who are just a few hundred miles away. Analogues shipping is horrendous and must improve.