1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

“...maybe...yours got dropped or kicked behind a fixture at the shipping center?”

So according to your logic they “dropped...kicked” a number of packages. Sounds like some clumsy folks! Maybe the TouchTone Terrorists from Gators Creek Georgia we’re hired to facilitate this shipment lol!!!

“Awfully solid conclusion you have there based on your one case that obviously has something else going on.”

Another example of where you INSIST this was a singular case/issue and not a sign of anything more.

I’m sorry I’ve upset you so with my perspective. I’m done with this issue as they have worked to seemingly resolve it. You can have the last word if so desired, but I am finished with this discussion.

I gave you multiple possibilities... and, yes, it’s entirely possible that there’s a rack somewhere with multiple packages that fell behind it. It’s entirely possible that they missed scanning some at departure and an entire truck ended up in a ravine. It’s entirely possible that someone put a pallet of labeled and ready-to-go packages somewhere and forgot about them. Need I go on? It’s also entirely possible that each and every one of those things and more happened... and not all to the same person.

It’s pretty amusing that you’re doubling down on his “one versus more than one” thing when that wouldn’t change anything about your non-sequitur conclusion even if I did say it was just you with the “label printed” issue (I didn’t). As anyone can plainly see, “awfully solid conclusion you have there based on your one case that obviously has something else going on” is not saying that no one else has the same thing going on with nothing after the label was printed. Unlike the message you shared, you additionally claimed to have an early preorder and subsequently claimed that they were not prioritizing based on the order received. THAT is the “one case” I was talking about. Even then, that’s just addressing your logic as YOU presented it. It doesn’t deny other possible cases who also preordered early, but get this: even if you had 200 people who all preordered early and all had the same problem, it STILL doesn’t mean that they weren’t prioritizing based on when you ordered. It just means the same thing happened to 200 people. Get it?!

If you feel compelled to share your faulty logic then I feel compelled to point out the fault for everyone’s benefit. You aren’t entitled to spread falsehoods without being corrected just because something unfortunate happened to you. It’s pretty telling that you can’t just accept the issue for what it is and have to come up with and defend a whole other offense (not prioritizing preorders).

I ended up disconnecting my Sega CD last night because I kept getting a pretty strong shock every time I touched the MSG while the SCD was attached and turned on. It was making the console reset or power off. It hasn't happened while the console is by itself. I was getting a jolt and seeing a flash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

I didn’t notice a shock but I wonder if this is responsible for my Mega Sg rebooting when I press Power to turn it off. It’s happened a few times now and so figured it just needed a better debounce routine. Edited by CZroe

I emailed their support without even really complaining, I just told them "I received the wrong color". I don't really care about the color that much, but I do think they should know about a mixed up order. I thought their support person was good. They replied right away, offering either an exchange or $25 to keep it (which I accepted) and they refunded me right away.

(I had already opened mine too.)

Yeah, the problem came up more when I responded to that asking what the exchange would entail, and getting a reply that didn’t answer the question, so I have to ask it again. That’s where the frustration begins to set in when it does take so long to per round trip.

Where do I report bugs?

A couple of games don't work from Everdrive X5 (they stuck at title screen).

Except for that, I LOVE IT.

Spiritual Warfare (unlicensed) only shows a black screen unless I disconnect the Sega CD and try again. Same behavior with real Genesis.

I have non-TMSS model-1 Genesis and model-2 Sega CD. For some reason, that specific game has no sound on my real Genesis, but sound works fine on Mega Sg! Maybe I should try the game with a model-2 Genesis.

I don't have the real game, so I have to run it from Mega EverDrive X5.

Edited by CZroe

So, I just got my Mega Sg.

Full disclosure:

I bought from Analogue the Analogue Nt 2nd batch (gold one, although might sell it), the Super Nt and the Mega Sg.

I never got from Analogue the cart protector for the Analogue Nt, although I asked for it twice.

Got no problem so far with the Super Nt or the Analogue Nt.

My order:

Now, the Mega Sg. Honestly, I was quite worried about the Colorgate™, as I ordered a JPN version.

But everything was marked as JPN, the box is JPN and the console is JPN. So I guess I am safe on that side.

My feelings:

The package could be more secured, but in the end, I got my console in perfect state and with the right color.

The shipping fee is atrocious and the customs fee too, but well. It arrived well and the day FedEx advertised (just got it today, because I wasn't available to pick it up).

How I feel today towards Analogue:

I am an happy customer.

Sure, I am still angry about never getting the cart protector for my Analogue Nt Gold.

Also, I wanted the limited Famicom colors and the Nt Mini being sold out is a major heartbreak for me.

But that's how the industry works today.

Honestly, if Analogue was to release a new Nt Mini (maybe a Micro Nt ?) in a plastic shell and without the jailbreak, I would instantly buy it and sell my Analogue Nt Gold and I would live in a perfect Analogue world.

But as it is today, it is way better than just sticking with emulator on PC or the other crappy clone consoles.

How I feel about the Colorgate™:

It's major. These are not just FPGA clones. They are products aimed at passionate people who care.

And they ensured multiple editions to reflect that, with a nice Apple-type care to the design. As such, yes, wrong color is not small, it's heartbreaking.

As for me, I saw the Mega Drive when it was released in Japan. It was a year before it came to Europa and, as such, all my strongest memories with the system are about the Mega Drive (two words), the color scheme and the Japanese carts with Japanese text. And then, the Japanese carts being in English on an European console, which was a novelty for that time.

Mind me: I work my ass hard everyday and my only pleasure is to be able to play until I die all my favorite retrogames and trying those I couldn't buy in the time, in the best conditions possible. If I come back from groceries and discover I bought a banana instead of a tomato, that's OK, no big deal, it happens. But I only buy one Mega Sg and I waited long for Analogue to officially announce it after hoping they would and then ensure I could buy it, put aside customs money in anticipation and then hoping the console would be delivered working with the right model.

So, no, wrong color is a big deal to me. That's my youth, I know how I lived it and I know how I want to revive it. My way and not another one.

I understand other people don't care, but I will never tell them that they should care like me and I also won't like anyone telling me that I shouldn't care.

To each it's own and it would just be polite and respectful to understand that some people don't care and others do.

Also, mistakes can be made. Just politely contact Analogue support and tell them. If you are not happy with their answer and they still don't go your way, then law is there for politely solving that.

Edited by Slipard
  • Like 1

Are there any Genesis games known to take advantage of hardware bugs or exploits? Those would be the first I'd check for compatibility.

To me, the scanlines look way better here than on the SNT. I'm actually leaving them on.

Game Sack's episode was really helpful in configuring the audio. If it sounds a little "off" to you out of the box, give it a watch

I ended up disconnecting my Sega CD last night because I kept getting a pretty strong shock every time I touched the MSG while the SCD was attached and turned on. It was making the console reset or power off. It hasn't happened while the console is by itself. I was getting a jolt and seeing a flash.

OK, my brother just felt a static shock when he touched the Mega Sg power button while it was docked to the Sega CD model 2. Strange since he didn't directly touch anything conductive. I guess the shock was jumping to the LED or something. Edited by CZroe

Are there any Genesis games known to take advantage of hardware bugs or exploits? Those would be the first I'd check for compatibility.

To me, the scanlines look way better here than on the SNT. I'm actually leaving them on.

Game Sack's episode was really helpful in configuring the audio. If it sounds a little "off" to you out of the box, give it a watch

Gargoyles calls the TAS instruction that it shouldn't be doing, Kev said he has TAS writes disabled on the Mega SG to help prevent the random games that call it from acting up

Wisdom Tree Genesis games are definitely running in Genesis mode according to my Mega Sg settings but they sure look like Master System games. Since they also act up with the Sega CD attached and powered I have to wonder if they are running in some kind of hybrid mode. Weird that audio doesn’t work on my non-TMSS HDG Model 1. That should be the most compatible for unlicensed games!

Edited by CZroe

Really happy with my Sg.

Been playing a lot of Genesis games, no problems what so ever.

Using mostly my Everdrive X3.

Cons: 63USD in taxes/fees. Would be neat with a EU seller now when Analogue seems to have things in stock for a longer of time.

So, I just got my Mega Sg.

Full disclosure:

I bought from Analogue the Analogue Nt 2nd batch (gold one, although might sell it), the Super Nt and the Mega Sg.

I never got from Analogue the cart protector for the Analogue Nt, although I asked for it twice.

Got no problem so far with the Super Nt or the Analogue Nt.

Jesus, you actually paid $5K for that 24K Gold Nt?

Edited by SegaSnatcher

Jesus, you actually paid $5K for that 24K Gold Nt?

Nope. As I said, I bought a second batch Gold, which is the Gold LE, released alongside the Famicom LE. Each of these got 50 pieces made.

The later 24 Gold you are referring to is actually a final third batch with 10 pieces made.

If I had $5K to spend like I would spend $2 on a beer, I would still buy a Famicom LE one along an Nt Mini, but not a 24K Gold. I don't see the point.

Nope. As I said, I bought a second batch Gold, which is the Gold LE, released alongside the Famicom LE. Each of these got 50 pieces made.

The later 24 Gold you are referring to is actually a final third batch with 10 pieces made.

If I had $5K to spend like I would spend $2 on a beer, I would still buy a Famicom LE one along an Nt Mini, but not a 24K Gold. I don't see the point.

I didn't know there were other limited editions.

How I feel about the Colorgate™:

It's major. These are not just FPGA clones. They are products aimed at passionate people who care.

And they ensured multiple editions to reflect that, with a nice Apple-type care to the design. As such, yes, wrong color is not small, it's heartbreaking.

I was one of the people that got the wrong color and didn't really care that much, but I still agree with you completely. I was a Nintendo kid growing up, and would have been much more upset if my Super Nt order was wrong. They do push their perfectionism quite a bit.

Here's something I found interesting: My brother and I each ordered the JPN model around the same time, we live mere miles from each other, we tracked our packages together through all the same stops, and they arrived at about the same time. I received the EUR edition, and he received the correct one!

I imagine the issue with incorrect colour consoles is simply down to the logistics company Analogue employed getting it horribly wrong.

Which is why they are offering refund of shipping (as that will come from their contract with the logistics company,not Analogue).

My delivery included a printed label inside the box of my order, which was inline with what I ordered and what was delivered. I presume people who have the wrong device have this label showing their actually order, not what was delivered?

Ultimately this seems to be a logistics problem, created by a third party to Analogue, including the poor shipping packaging (mine was in a beat up box with some brown paper loosely placed around one side of console).

I'm a first time Analogue customer, but I see this not as their problem but as a supplier letdown. The device itself, which Analogue are responsible for is great, and for me works flawlessly.

Just wanted to add a reasonable voice to this conversation.

Better to buy a "regular" version and get it gold plated yourself. Seen someone did this with a NtMini.

If the casing is the most important :)

Actually, most thing I look forward is the DAC.

Also if there was some additions to the SNt, like a cart adapter for the NES/Fami instead of a re-release of the Nt Mini.

Lets hope this year will be a FW/DAC/cart adapter year. :)

• Like 2

I imagine the issue with incorrect colour consoles is simply down to the logistics company Analogue employed getting it horribly wrong.

Which is why they are offering refund of shipping (as that will come from their contract with the logistics company,not Analogue).

My delivery included a printed label inside the box of my order, which was inline with what I ordered and what was delivered. I presume people who have the wrong device have this label showing their actually order, not what was delivered?

Ultimately this seems to be a logistics problem, created by a third party to Analogue, including the poor shipping packaging (mine was in a beat up box with some brown paper loosely placed around one side of console).

I'm a first time Analogue customer, but I see this not as their problem but as a supplier letdown. The device itself, which Analogue are responsible for is great, and for me works flawlessly.

Just wanted to add a reasonable voice to this conversation.

I have a feeling this will be the last time Analogue works with this shipping partner for a roll-out of this nature.

The version swap issue has been odd in that two different narratives were coming from this situation. First, some received emails from Analogue Support stating the reason EUR versions were shipped for a number of JPN version buyers was due to being out of stock of the JPN version. Other emails received from Analogue Support stated this was just a mix-up. One of these is the truth - its possible the shipping partner was providing Analogue Support with misinformation which got passed on to the customer.

Interestingly enough in my own situation which Ive covered in previous posts (which is a shipment issue not a button color issue) sort-of came to a conclusion when I told Support I didnt care which version I received if the USA version was truly out of stock as they referenced in a previous email. Instead of taking a $25 credit I asked Analogue Support would they consider simply sending whatever they actually had in stock. This was the email I promptly received from Analogue Support thereafter:

I have sent over a JPN edition Mega Sg with FedEx Overnight 1-Day shipping to make up for lost time.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

I received this email at 10:40am, Thursday the 28th. I have not received a new tracking number nor has the old tracking number actually been scanned. Who knows at this point if I will indeed receive the JPN version, or when it will actually leave from the shipping partner. At this point I dont have a lot of faith that FedEx will be making a delivery later today, but hopefully Im wrong.

As someone who has worked in a similar situation, rolling out pre-orders where you are in one location and the shipping partner is in another - issues like the two weve witnessed can be terribly frustrating for all parties involved. The key to overcoming these early issues is having each side know exactly what the other is doing, and what resolution has been made. This has added additional frustration to some customers because the turnaround time for replies from Analogue Support has been delayed as they themselves are waiting on communication from the shipping partner.

As someone who simply adores the quality of my Mini NT, & Super NT - I have no doubt that the quality of the SG will exceed my expectations. Will there be bugs, sure - but thats commonplace. However at this moment Ive yet to have any warm fuzzy feelings toward this shipping partner.

Once I receive the system, the fun Ill have with my EverDrive X7 and my 2 M30s will fade my frustration away. Until then Im not the happiest of early adopters.

Edited by SanfordSeven

I have a feeling this will be the last time Analogue works with this shipping partner for a roll-out of this nature.

The version swap issue has been odd in that two different narratives were coming from this situation. First, some received emails from Analogue Support stating the reason EUR versions were shipped for a number of JPN version buyers was due to being out of stock of the JPN version. Other emails received from Analogue Support stated this was just a mix-up. One of these is the truth - its possible the shipping partner was providing Analogue Support with misinformation which got passed on to the customer.

Interestingly enough in my own situation which Ive covered in previous posts (which is a shipment issue not a button color issue) sort-of came to a conclusion when I told Support I didnt care which version I received if the USA version was truly out of stock as they referenced in a previous email. Instead of taking a $25 credit I asked Analogue Support would they consider simply sending whatever they actually had in stock. This was the email I promptly received from Analogue Support thereafter:

I have sent over a JPN edition Mega Sg with FedEx Overnight 1-Day shipping to make up for lost time.

I received this email at 10:40am, Thursday the 28th. I have not received a new tracking number nor has the old tracking number actually been scanned. Who knows at this point if I will indeed receive the JPN version, or when it will actually leave from the shipping partner. At this point I dont have a lot of faith that FedEx will be making a delivery later today, but hopefully Im wrong.

As someone who has worked in a similar situation, rolling out pre-orders where you are in one location and the shipping partner is in another - issues like the two weve witnessed can be terribly frustrating for all parties involved. The key to overcoming these early issues is having each side know exactly what the other is doing, and what resolution has been made. This has added additional frustration to some customers because the turnaround time for replies from Analogue Support has been delayed as they themselves are waiting on communication from the shipping partner.

As someone who simply adores the quality of my Mini NT, & Super NT - I have no doubt that the quality of the SG will exceed my expectations. Will there be bugs, sure - but thats commonplace. However at this moment Ive yet to have any warm fuzzy feelings toward this shipping partner.

Once I receive the system, the fun Ill have with my EverDrive X7 and my 2 M30s will fade my frustration away. Until then Im not the happiest of early adopters.

I do hope, yourself and others effected by this logistic issue get your resolution shortly. And I hope it doesn't create to much negativity toward a company producing products we all generally regard very highly.

• Like 1

I do hope, yourself and others effected by this logistic issue get your resolution shortly. And I hope it doesn't create to much negativity toward a company producing products we all generally regard very highly.

Let the church say Amen - those of us whove adopted other products from Analogue know they are top of the line. I cannot imagine my gaming collection without them.

• Like 1

Hmm. It’s probably caught up in the warehouse move or inventory transfer or whatever they were talking about in that other email. I hope it’s on the way but it doesn’t look good. :(

Not sure if FedEx notifications work like USPS Informed Delivery but it might let you know when someone sends a package to your address even without the tracking number. I’d look into it.

Hmm. Its probably caught up in the warehouse move or inventory transfer or whatever they were talking about in that other email. I hope its on the way but it doesnt look good. :(

Not sure if FedEx notifications work like USPS Informed Delivery but it might let you know when someone sends a package to your address even without the tracking number. Id look into it.

FedEx has a program called InSight, however they will only let you determine inbound packages if you have the outbound (shippers) FedEx account number.

Weve used USPS Informed Delivery and UPS My Choice for the purpose of determining inbound packages for a while, and its a helpful service in our business when cross-shipping to determine if someone has indeed began their side of an exchange.

I am simply in a position now where all I can do is to wait and see. Theres any number of scenarios, with this new shipment and only a small number of them end with me sitting down in front of the SG any time soon.

Ill update only if something changes. Happy Friday everyone.

• Like 1

Not to change the subject, but ... am I crazy or can Sonic in Sonic 1 do a spin dash? (or whatever its called)

I'm talking about having Sonic stop moving, crouch down, build up speed in a ball and release to go flying forward at high speed? Was this something in later Sonic games but not the first?

I am more of Nintendo go so don't hate me :)

Edited by sofakng

Not to change the subject, but ... am I crazy or can Sonic in Sonic 1 do a spin dash? (or whatever its called)

I'm talking about having Sonic stop moving, crouch down, build up speed in a ball and release to go flying forward at high speed? Was this something in later Sonic games but not the first?

They added it in the GBA version and others. Retconned.

Sonic CD is based more on Sonic 1 since it was developed while Sonic 2 was in development with s different team, so it’s kinda kludgey how they added it there... no spinning ellipse animation (just the normal ball) and you have to hold it for more than a second before it will let you speed off. Very frustrating when you’re in a pinch.

There is an alternate move in Sonic CD where Sonic runs in place before blasting off (think you hold up instead). Still, it’s a reused animation from elsewhere in the game, where Sonic’s feet become a blurry ribbon (looks almost like a Möbius strip ;)).

Edited by CZroe

He didn't have that ability until Sonic 2. There are rom hacks out there for Sonic 1 that adds it, as does the Saturn version found in Sonic Jam. I find I don't really need it as long as you're familiar with the physics and momentum.