1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

FedEx has a program called InSight, however they will only let you determine inbound packages if you have the outbound (shippers) FedEx account number.

Weve used USPS Informed Delivery and UPS My Choice for the purpose of determining inbound packages for a while, and its a helpful service in our business when cross-shipping to determine if someone has indeed began their side of an exchange.

I am simply in a position now where all I can do is to wait and see. Theres any number of scenarios, with this new shipment and only a small number of them end with me sitting down in front of the SG any time soon.

Ill update only if something changes. Happy Friday everyone.

FedEx has a similar program called "FedEx Delivery Manager". It shows incoming packages on a calendar the same way UPS MyChoice does and you can sign for and manage the deliveries. Unless maybe you're not in the US and they don't offer the program to other countries? You have to know some weird questions to verify your identity...like they are connected to whatever database USPS uses or something so you might have to know like really old addresses or even what vehicles you used to own or whatever and if you get the questions wrong they make you sign up using a physical piece of mail with a code on it sent to you which wouldn't help you if you were trying to sign up immediately. I found this out because I couldn't answer the questions, lol... Like one asked what address I had lived at previously but it listed two of my previous addresses or something so I have no idea which one it wanted me to pick.

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/

CuVBHBX.png

Edited by Toth

I do hope, yourself and others effected by this logistic issue get your resolution shortly. And I hope it doesn't create to much negativity toward a company producing products we all generally regard very highly.

I’ve gotten a return label now and shipping it back later today to get the version I ordered. No marks for not noticing until it was opened. And that is what I wanted to see, so it seems like things are getting through the pipe and they have a plan now rather than chaos they weren’t expecting to hit them.

It’s being shipped Ground on their dime back to the logistics folks in Texas (mixed bag, unfortunately, since I’m not exactly close to Texas). Upside, return package should be overnight. So about a week turnaround for me.

Here’s the thing, I can and will forgive mistakes, but it doesn’t mean I can’t facepalm at the decisions that lead to the mistakes, or compound them in the face of frustration. I also follow the “you get one” philosophy. So it’s not like I’m going to slag them in the media for this.

I’d also like to point out to folks more generally there’s a difference between venting frustrations at those logistics folks, voicing a want to see certain improvements in their support story going forward (learn from this, Analogue), and conspiracies. It feels like in places folks piled on to people displaying all three of these, when the third one is the one that cannot produce useful feedback, while the first two are maybe uncomfortable, but damn useful when trying to run a business.

• Like 3

OK, my brother just felt a static shock when he touched the Mega Sg power button while it was docked to the Sega CD model 2. Strange since he didn't directly touch anything conductive. I guess the shock was jumping to the LED or something.

Just as an unrelated, but relevant thing... many laptops will ground static near the touchpad buttons. You should figure out if the shock is jumping from the SegaCD or from your hand. If it's jumping from your hand, that's probably the SegaCD creating a ground path that doesn't normally exist. If someone has both SegaCD units they should see if it happens with both models. If it's actually a shock being generated by the SegaCD unit then that's a worrying sign.

As far as bugs go:

Master System: While playing Alex Kidd: The Lost Star, during the second level some tiles show distortion as they are animated, I'm not sure if it does that normally.

Genesis: Sonic 2 - After collecting one chaos emerald, any time the continue screen appears, Tails is distorted. There are also areas where it seems like the entire game slows down (mostly underwater) while Tails is on screen. I don't have an actual system to compare with.

Just as an unrelated, but relevant thing... many laptops will ground static near the touchpad buttons. You should figure out if the shock is jumping from the SegaCD or from your hand. If it's jumping from your hand, that's probably the SegaCD creating a ground path that doesn't normally exist. If someone has both SegaCD units they should see if it happens with both models. If it's actually a shock being generated by the SegaCD unit then that's a worrying sign.

As far as bugs go:

Master System: While playing Alex Kidd: The Lost Star, during the second level some tiles show distortion as they are animated, I'm not sure if it does that normally.

Genesis: Sonic 2 - After collecting one chaos emerald, any time the continue screen appears, Tails is distorted. There are also areas where it seems like the entire game slows down (mostly underwater) while Tails is on screen. I don't have an actual system to compare with.

do you have a picture of the tales distortion? Sonic 2 was in a lot of the review vids so I'm surprised nobody mentioned

I might have to haul out my original again, but I’m sure at least the slowdowns happen on original hardware. Sonic 2 has some ugly slow down issues especially with rings.

Random question for you though, since you have the Everdrive X5 and the Sega CD. Do you have any problems using the Everdrive as a RAM cart on the SG? I can’t get it to work.

Seems to work for me once I got through the convoluted setup process. You can’t hot-swap so getting there is a little convoluted but I did it two different ways:

Boot the Mega Everdrive X5 and then load a SEGA CD BIOS ROM or press C button and pick the “Boot to CD” option.

Next, press, A, B, or C before the disc boots to get to the CD player. Opening the lid first will ensure that it doesn’t boot the game first but you don’t strictly have to.

Once in the CD player, pick Memory/Data or whatever it’s called. It will only show up if you close the lid with a Sega CD game in there. Stupid and unintuitive, I know... especially when the in-game memory manager refuses to do anything and tells you to go here and format first and you have no manual to tell you that this exists!

From here you can format the internal memory from the Sega CD and format the backup RAM in the X5. Don’t worry: it’s not going to erase the X5. ;)

You should now be able to transfer freely from this menu or the one built in to some games. Have fun!

Edited by CZroe

Boot the Mega Everdrive X5 and then load a SEGA CD BIOS ROM or press C button and pick the “Boot to CD” option.

This was the bit I was getting hung up on. I could swear on original hardware you didn’t need to do this part. Maybe my memory is bad. It’s been a while since the Sega CD was hooked up.

This was the bit I was getting hung up on. I could swear on original hardware you didn’t need to do this part. Maybe my memory is bad. It’s been a while since the Sega CD was hooked up.

The CD Backup RAM cart probably isn’t bootable on its own, which is why there’s an extra step here. Maybe it tolerated a hot swap as well, but the Mega Sg doesn’t.

On the plus side, doing it this way lets you load a region-patched Sega CD BIOS if you desire. :)

Edited by CZroe

As far as bugs go:

I've had a bug on Sonic 1 but I'm not sure if it's an existing game bug or a Mega Sg bug. On Green Hill Act 3, when you pass the loop with the 1UP on top, if you roll into the spring then jump on the rebound at the spot where the hill starts to decline you glitch out the loop as you hit it. I've uploaded a video showing this at the link below:

https://gfycat.com/coolmediumfinch

I'm running the game on a Mega Everdrive X7 but unfortunately I don't have an OG Genesis to confirm if the issue is just with the Mega Sg.

Edited by afx_acid

It's worth mentioning that if you're playing with more than 1 Sega CD BIOS, it screws with things in weird ways. My main setup was a Genesis with a Eng/JP switch and a Sega CD that could switch between a non region free NA and non region free Japan BIOS. You have to make sure the Genesis and CD regions match, even if the bios is modified. There were a bunch of games I found that had additional checks after the boot up screen and locked up or gave me a region mismatch message, even though my everdrive was sending a region free BIOS to the CD. I also found that if you played a NA CD game and saved to the internal memory or cart, then switch to Japanese and did the same thing it wanted me to reformat everything. The two BIOS couldn't coexist on the memory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Edited by zetastrike

It's worth mentioning that if you're playing with more than 1 Sega CD BIOS, it screws with things in weird ways. My main setup was a Genesis with a Eng/JP switch and a Sega CD that could switch between a non region free NA and non region free Japan BIOS. You have to make sure the Genesis and CD regions match, even if the bios is modified. There were a bunch of games I found that had additional checks after the boot up screen and locked up or gave me a region mismatch message, even though my everdrive was sending a region free BIOS to the CD. I also found that if you played a NA CD game and saved to the internal memory, then switch to Japanese and did the same thing it wanted me to reformat the backup cart. The two BIOS couldn't coexist on the same cart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Yeah. The save issue is pretty much the same thing as GameCube with a region switch. The MC is formatted for one region or another. Having a dedicated backup RAM cart probably helps manage it.

Anyone else think a jailbreak maybe isn't coming to this system? Wouldn't it severely reduce the need to purchase the adapters Analogue wants to sell? I mean I hope it does but isn't it sort of the same reason we probably won't see a Genesis core released for the Super Nt even though it would now be possible (or the SNES core to the Mega SG)? I know it's pretty early but has the mysterious jailbreaker of the Super Nt said anything about it?

Edited by Toth

Anyone else think a jailbreak maybe isn't coming to this system? Wouldn't it severely reduce the need to purchase the adapters Analogue wants to sell? I mean I hope it does but isn't it sort of the same reason we probably won't see a Genesis core released for the Super Nt even though it would now be possible (or the SNES core to the Mega SG)? I know it's pretty early but has the mysterious jailbreaker of the Super Nt said anything about it?

Maybe true, I believe the jailbreak would include Genesis and sms, as the stock support for the system.

I doubt it will have a Nt Mini multi-system jailbreak. SNES on Mega Sg, and Genesis on Super Nt is very unlikely. :) Maybe when discontinued.

The assumption is that they “need” to sell those. They need to sell the console and a JB sells the console. They didn’t even bother producing the adapters for the Nt Mini even though Kev designed them.
  • Like 2

The assumption is that they “need” to sell those. They need to sell the console and a JB sells the console. They didn’t even bother producing the adapters for the Nt Mini even though Kev designed them.

I felt like from Kev's prior comments that the adapters were more of a service to the customers as opposed to something that is going to generate a lot of money for them at prices they'll be selling. So I don't think they should affect any possible jailbreak.

I felt like from Kev's prior comments that the adapters were more of a service to the customers as opposed to something that is going to generate a lot of money for them at prices they'll be selling. So I don't think they should affect any possible jailbreak.

Exactly. Just putting the adapter designs out there doesn’t help the people who can’t DIY or 3D print, and if anyone has to step up and produce them for the people who want them, why not Analogue? ;)

I know the Game Gear one is going to be popular!

Any hints of what system to come next. I remember cosmic hinting on the sega system coming next around this time.
From what I read people think another nes nt coming maybe a cheaper version. Maybe with those adapters I saw on youtube.
Im hoping for a neogeo personally. Damm systems cost so much and there flashcarts are just as expensive as a console. A turbo graphics would be nice also but will not need as much power as the super nt or the analogue sg. I guess they can save some money. Wonder if there is a way to still get digital out for hdmi if you attach a ssd3 to it. I guess the cd drive would still be cool if you can attach like the analogue sg. I hear burning copy's is a chore and annoying.
A ps1 could be a possibility. I remember a interview him stating that ps1 is as far as fpga tech can go at that time.
Do you guys think he will dish out systems every year. There are so many consoles that need to be made for retro.

Anyways people who have the analogue sg how are you liking it, how is the capability, better then the MiSTer Sega Genesis we have now? any problems playing sega cd games?
Hope he dishes out more filters like horazonal scanlines or the filter like i saw the polymega had. that was pretty cool
Kevtris seams to make these with almost perfect capability.

Edited by D3ltax55

Any hints of what system to come next. I remember cosmic hinting on the sega system coming next around this time.

From what I read people think another nes nt coming maybe a cheaper version. Maybe with those adapters I saw on youtube.

Im hoping for a neogeo personally. Damm systems cost so much and there flashcarts are just as expensive as a console. A turbo graphics would be nice also but will not need as much power as the super nt or the analogue sg. I guess they can save some money. Wonder if there is a way to still get digital out for hdmi if you attach a ssd3 to it. I guess the cd drive would still be cool if you can attach like the analogue sg. I hear burning copy's is a chore and annoying.

A ps1 could be a possibility. I remember a interview him stating that ps1 is as far as fpga tech can go at that time.

Do you guys think he will dish out systems every year. There are so many consoles that need to be made for retro.

Anyways people who have the analogue sg how are you liking it, how is the capability, better then the MiSTer Sega Genesis we have now? any problems playing sega cd games?

Which games are incompatible on the MiSTer? Everything that I have tried has worked flawlessly.

Which games are incompatible on the MiSTer? Everything that I have tried has worked flawlessly.

Personally I mostly play turbo graphics and whatever console i don't own. I didn't play sega genisis much. But it did play grate. I just assumed the sega sg had better capability cuz kevtris is grate.

MiSTer have amazing filter list. worth it. It only gets better every week with updates and cores.

Edited by D3ltax55

Hope he dishes out more filters like horazonal scanlines or the filter like i saw the polymega had. that was pretty cool

If they were to rerelease the Nt Mini, I wonder if with a larger FPGA like is used in the Super Nt and Mega Sg would allow for 4k support. If they're going to revisit the NES, I'd like to see that.

Exactly. Just putting the adapter designs out there doesn’t help the people who can’t DIY or 3D print, and if anyone has to step up and produce them for the people who want them, why not Analogue? ;)

I know the Game Gear one is going to be popular!

I'd much rather play GG games through a possible jailbreak than a cart adapter. I have the Everdrive GG and it's by far the worst Everdrive I own. It has some major compatibility holes (Shining Force, Gunstar Heroes, several homebrew), flashing games is very slow, it doesn't have proper voltage translation, saving can be unreliable, and you can't access the SD card without taking the cartridge apart. I don't doubt it's the worst selling Everdrive released because Krikzz has barely touched it in years.