1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Any idea why you would want or need to load the sms bios from the Mega Everdrive if the Mega SG can play the games anyway? What advantage would there be?

It seems the SMS core has this option so all is good (from the PDF file).

The CV core does not support the controllers but some way to use the keypad via a MD 6 buttons is provided.

..you mean the firmware fairy right?!?!

Oh, right. ;)

While you guys were typing I was converting my Everdrive SD card to use this file format. It's going to be easy to switch back if need be. Anyway, initial tests are fine. It correctly created, saved (by accessing the menu, which tells the Mega Sg to write the file), and loaded the .sav file for Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Master System games fired right up, too. I'm totally hyped right now.

I would never expect them to have jailbreak cores for systems they sell, but since the Nt Mini appears to be EOL, it'd be great to get an NES core. ;)

Edited by derFunkenstein

Ok.

I tried to update with the JB Firmware and it just boots as normal.

I tried the standard Firmware as well and it just boots as normal.

I have tried multiple SD cards with no luck.

I just sent a msg to Analogue but does anyone here have any suggestions?

Ok.

Sounds like you have more than one update on your SD card. When Mega Sg sees the current FW file it skips the update. That’s why they suggest an empty SD card. Edited by CZroe

Ok.

I read about one person had trouble if they pushed the sd card all the way in. Maybe pull the sd card out ever so slightly before turning it on? Also, you remembered to format it to FAT32? If your card is larger than 32GB you might need some other program to format it apparently as well so maybe stick to 32GB or smaller.

I read about one person had trouble if they pushed the sd card all the way in. Maybe pull the sd card out ever so slightly before turning it on? Also, you remembered to format it to FAT32? If your card is larger than 32GB you might need some other program to format it apparently as well so maybe stick to 32GB or smaller.

Looks like my 9th grade health teacher was right...

Pulling out was not an effective method. :(

• Like 1

32GB is more than enough for all MD, SMS, GG, CV, and other cartridge games. We shouldn't expect to be able to load CD ISOs from this, right?

I wouldn’t expect to be able to but if Pier Solar can use the CD hardware as a cartridge game it may be possible for Kevtris to make an ODE that uses it similarly.

... now now, if only the Firmware Fairy would release the 2600 and 7800 cores .... you know ... 'cause we are ... on AtariAge ... it seems fitting ... at least to me.

At any rate we can all say:

THANK YOU

I would never have thought I would spend 190US$ and be thankful that I did .... really really thankful.

Once more:

THANK YOU

• Like 5

The readme says they don't work.

Regarding colecovision support, I can see a quick port of the colecovision core not supporting real colecovision controllers. Is there any reason the core couldn't be improved to do this? Edited by mr_me

Regarding colecovision support, I can see a quick port of the colecovision core not supporting real colecovision controllers. Is there any reason the core couldn't be improved to do this?

Even if it could detect them, I imagine it would complicate the Mega Sg’s UI/menu.

Same reason I don’t expect to be able to properly use my CX-78.

That said, I’d love to see support for actual Colecovision controllers, Coleco Baseball controllers (or whatever they called those pistol-grip things that bundled with some baseball game), and Colecovision Flashback controller (buttons are backwards).

Edited by CZroe

Played a little with the JB cores, it all works splendidly (you can play CV Antartic Adventure and Donkey Kong with just a 3 buttons controller, haven't tested SGM yet, wonder if a controller adapter is possible just for Mouse Trap).

The SMS core can load a BIOS for maximum compatibility (haven't tried the dummy 0x00.. and 0xFF.. ROM files to trip the BIOS games yet).

On the Genny front I tried Pier Solar (the one cracked for Mess) and it seems to work, it's a game from 2010 so I don't feel bad about testing it this way (I don't think I'll play it anyway, more of a curiosity for me really).

BTW the directory structure seems flexible (can't tell if the save files requires it) as all you need is really the BIOS directory (I used the SmokeMonster pack for the NtMini that aside the SegaCD/MegaCD BIOS has everything else).

This is so close to the Z3K ... so close ... so so close.

Hopefully many enhancements present on the MegaSg can be backported to the SuperNt and the refined cores to the NtMini (after all those folks financed most of what happened next by buying into "aluminum bricks" and some even gold plated ones .... and no I am not one of them). The SuperNt should really get a NES core and cart adapter as well imho.

I think I didn't say it in a while but kevtris is a genius .

• Like 1