1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

As neat as a NES core would be, I'd be surprised to see that since a cost reduced NES system doesn't sound all that unlikely down the road. Allowing every Super NT owner access to the NES core would lose them some sales if that comes to pass. But no arguments here if it did happen. :)

A Game Boy/Game Boy Color core seems like it might be less likely to negatively affect future sales of an Analogue system since it's tough to see a consolized Analogue Game Boy ever happening. Maybe some day when Kevtris gets a breather and gets bored since he surely doesn't know what free time and relaxation is at this point, Super NT owners will be pleasantly surprised by a new update with something neat like this or NES support.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

I personally am more about one system one core. I mean, I guess playing game gear and master system on the Mega Sg is cool but I really wish theyd come out with a NES style FPGA system that didnt look like the Mini NT but a whole new design fitting in with their current Super NT / Mega SG lineup. Perhaps we could call it the Power NT or something, (reference to now youre playing with power!)

5j0TGFJs.jpg

These are my new settings for 720p w/ no interpolation. My horizontal positioning seemed like it wasn't in the middle. Does it seem like it's more to the right to you guys?

Also, my cousin pointed out to me that Walter Payton Football on SMS is not working with the SMS Core. Does not boot on my Mega EverDrive X7 neither. But it seems to work perfect on the Nt Mini. :)

Wait. Virtua Racing 2? Thats an awfully weird mistake for two otherwise-unrelated people to make in regards to the Mega Sg. ;)

e097bb93cb9bd6fd67830f100b9d642a.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190401/ded5803fd023d77c0887d052dec735f9.jpg

Proof that the jailbreaker is involved with whoever wrote the PDF on Analogues website?

I mentioned it to them on Twitter a couple weeks ago and they did revise the manual to fix it. Strangely, that specific page still has the old revision number even though it was revised to remove the 2.

1893b705daa61c9b0579d7aed6af1c0d.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190401/9fb1f490250e25fecddab76cfff602f5.jpg

Apparently Kevtris has multiple personality disorder! :evil:

I personally am more about one system one core. I mean, I guess playing game gear and master system on the Mega Sg is cool but I really wish theyd come out with a NES style FPGA system that didnt look like the Mini NT but a whole new design fitting in with their current Super NT / Mega SG lineup. Perhaps we could call it the Power NT or something, (reference to now youre playing with power!)

I'd rather see multiple cores per system. These units are expensive and the most I can get out of a single unit, the better. Also, with all the support the NT Mini got, I was disappointed when the Super NT didn't similar treatment. The Mega SG on the other hand is heading in the right direction and now I'm tempted to buy one.

More flexibility is always a good thing. The people that want to treat these as "one console, one system" are still free to do so.

• Like 4

I'd rather see multiple cores per system. These units are expensive and the most I can get out of a single unit, the better. Also, with all the support the NT Mini got, I was disappointed when the Super NT didn't similar treatment. The Mega SG on the other hand is heading in the right direction and now I'm tempted to buy one.

More flexibility is always a good thing. The people that want to treat these as "one console, one system" are still free to do so.

My guess why the Sg got the coleco core is because of the controller port, suppose you can use native colecovision controllers on the Sg. I hope I'm wrong.

Dont know if there is any more core that use this 9pin port.

My guess why the Sg got the coleco core is because of the controller port, suppose you can use native colecovision controllers on the Sg. I hope I'm wrong.

No support for original Colecovision accessories.

How do you switch between cores? Is it just a menu option? Or do you need to reset and choose one at startup?

Just curious on how the experience feels compared to other FPGA devices. I didn't feel the need to JB my Super NT since I have an SD2SNES, but may do it if/when I get a Mega Sg.

Edited by Newsdee

How do you switch between cores? Is it just a menu option? Or do you need to reset and choose one at startup?

Just curious on how the experience feels compared to other FPGA devices. I didn't feel the need to JB my Super NT since I have an SD2SNES, but may do it if/when I get a Mega Sg.

I would assume you just choose what ever core at the main menu. No need to reboot.

I also have a sd2snes on my Super Nt and have it jail broken. Why not have both. Always nice to have more options :)

It makes sense to put the colecovision core on the mega sg rather than the super nt. The 7-pin controller ports on the super nt would have limited controller support. Other cores that can use 9-pin controller ports include atari 2600, atari 7800, atari 8-bit, intellivision, astrocade, channelf, c64, and of course genesis. The cores have to be configured to use these controllers but no adapters required. Edited by mr_me

Can someone explain saving games with the jb? I'm supposed to bring up the game list (after I save in a game that has a save function) and then what? The message that pops up doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

After the menu have opened you can shut down/change game etc, it have saved the game. Only of course if the game have a save feature and you have saved ingame.

Cores is a menu option but to switch you have to go back to the menu, press B until it warns you youre about to quit, and then hit A on that message to actually quit. You cant be in one core and launch a different one.

Having a dedicated menu button on the M30 is nice since you have to go to the menu to write the game save to the SD card.

Edited by derFunkenstein

A Game Boy/Game Boy Color core seems like it might be less likely to negatively affect future sales of an Analogue system since it's tough to see a consolized Analogue Game Boy ever happening.

Perish the thought. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a consolized GBA from Analogue that uses Super-NES controllers, and can also play Game Boy and Game Boy Color carts. Granted the GBA may require a stronger FPGA than what is used in the Super Nt and Mega Sg, but technology keeps progressing and FPGAs become more affordable over time. And before anyone says that a consolized GBA kind of defeats the purpose of portable gaming, all I care about are the games themselves, not the form factor I play them on, and I much prefer to play games like the GBA Zeldas, Metroids, Castlevanias, Golden Sun, etc. etc. on a big screen with a proper hand controller, just like I did back in the day with the Game Boy Player on the Game Cube. I actually miss the Hori controller I used with my GBP...

Maybe some day when Kevtris gets a breather and gets bored since he surely doesn't know what free time and relaxation is at this point, Super NT owners will be pleasantly surprised by a new update with something neat like this or NES support.

One can already play Game Boy carts on the Super Nt with the Super Game Boy. And Game Boy + Game Boy Color are already playable on the jailbroken NT Mini. But yeah, there are things I'm sure Kevtris will want to revisit with the cores running on the NT Mini and Super Nt at some point. :)

• Like 2

It makes sense to put the colecovision core on the mega sg rather than the super nt. The 7-pin controller ports on the super nt would have limited controller support. Other cores that can use 9-pin controller ports include atari 2600, atari 7800, atari 8-bit, intellivision, astrocade, channelf, c64, and of course genesis. The cores have to be configured to use these controllers but no adapters required.

Colecovision makes a lot of sense to include because if it already plays SG-1000 games, you're 95% there anyway. I'm really glad Mr. Jailbreak threw that in as well. I'm very happy I didn't get the Collectorvision Phoenix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

I belived the controller mapping was the "same" as a 3 button Genesis controller, so it should be as compatible as a Genesis controller in a colecovision?

I vaguely remember someone explaining to me that the controller pin-out was slightly different between the ColecoVision and the Genesis.

Tried my Mega Sg for a bit tonight with the jailbreak. It's really fantastic so far.

A minor quibble: Does anyone else find the mechanics of the power button to be kind of odd? I have to press it on either the left or right side for it to work. Pressing it in the middle does nothing. I guess this could be due to the LED being in the middle of the button?